Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

windows update error

microsoft.public.microsoft_update_catalog






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 10-08-2008
mrhotdog
 

Posts: n/a
windows update error
how can i fix windows update erroe 80245003, cant find it on microsoft website?
thanks in advance
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 10-08-2008
MowGreen [MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: windows update error
mrhotdog wrote:

> how can i fix windows update erroe 80245003, cant find it on microsoft website?
> thanks in advance


By posting to the Windows Update newsgroup and including which Version
of Windows is installed. This NG is for issues/questions/feedback for
the Microsoft Update Catalog.

Windows Update newsgroup:
http://www.microsoft.com/communities...&lang=en&cr=US

80245003 WU_E_REDIRECTOR_UNEXPECTED
Unexpected redirector failure.

Error code 0x80245003 when you try to install updates from the Windows
Update Web site or the Microsoft Update Web site
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/919749


MowGreen [MVP 2003-2009]
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 10-20-2008
mrhotdog
 

Posts: n/a
Re: windows update error
hey
i went to that site but everytime i go into the cmd prompt and try to follow
the steps, after i type it in it comes up system error 5, access is denied.
why is this happening as there is only 1 user account on this computer?

"MowGreen [MVP]" wrote:

> mrhotdog wrote:
>
> > how can i fix windows update erroe 80245003, cant find it on microsoft website?
> > thanks in advance

>
> By posting to the Windows Update newsgroup and including which Version
> of Windows is installed. This NG is for issues/questions/feedback for
> the Microsoft Update Catalog.
>
> Windows Update newsgroup:
> http://www.microsoft.com/communities...&lang=en&cr=US
>
> 80245003 WU_E_REDIRECTOR_UNEXPECTED
> Unexpected redirector failure.
>
> Error code 0x80245003 when you try to install updates from the Windows
> Update Web site or the Microsoft Update Web site
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/919749
>
>
> MowGreen [MVP 2003-2009]
> ===============
> *-343-* FDNY
> Never Forgotten
> ===============
>

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 10-21-2008
MowGreen [MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: windows update error
I repeat: This NG is for issues/questions/feedback for the Microsoft
Update Catalog.

Windows Update newsgroup:
http://www.microsoft.com/communities...&lang=en&cr=US

If the installed Version of Windows is Vista, you'll need to run an
Elevated Command Prompt -

1. Click the Start button, type cmd in the search box, and then press ENTER.
2. In the results list, *right-click* cmd, and then click Run as
administrator. Follow the prompts to allow Command to run Elevated.


MowGreen [MVP 2003-2009]
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============


mrhotdog wrote:

> hey
> i went to that site but everytime i go into the cmd prompt and try to follow
> the steps, after i type it in it comes up system error 5, access is denied.
> why is this happening as there is only 1 user account on this computer?
>
> "MowGreen [MVP]" wrote:
>
>
>>mrhotdog wrote:
>>
>>
>>>how can i fix windows update erroe 80245003, cant find it on microsoft website?
>>>thanks in advance

>>
>>By posting to the Windows Update newsgroup and including which Version
>>of Windows is installed. This NG is for issues/questions/feedback for
>>the Microsoft Update Catalog.
>>
>>Windows Update newsgroup:
>>http://www.microsoft.com/communities...&lang=en&cr=US
>>
>>80245003 WU_E_REDIRECTOR_UNEXPECTED
>>Unexpected redirector failure.
>>
>>Error code 0x80245003 when you try to install updates from the Windows
>>Update Web site or the Microsoft Update Web site
>>http://support.microsoft.com/kb/919749
>>
>>
>>MowGreen [MVP 2003-2009]
>>===============
>> *-343-* FDNY
>>Never Forgotten
>>===============
>>

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Windows Update Error on XP 64bit: update is redirected from v6 to JP microsoft.public.windowsupdate 43 08-04-2009 23:35
Windows update error 80070643 for VS2008 SP1 security update Burton Roberts microsoft.public.windowsupdate 1 09-28-2008 16:33
Windows Update Error [Error number: 0xC80003FB] Neil microsoft.public.windowsupdate 0 02-22-2008 13:00
Article ID: 934562 Error message when you try to update Windows Defender on a Windows Vista-based computer: "Error found: Code 0x80240029" KBArticles English 0 10-22-2007 20:00
RE: Windows update error 80070103 - Beta 2 Vista NVIDIA Driver Update =?Utf-8?B?Sm9obiBIdW1waHJleXM=?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 2 02-28-2007 15:26




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 00:41.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120