How do I remove Win32/Vundo.K ?

Dee

How do I remove Win32/Vundo.K ?
Yesterday, I somehow contracted Antivirus XP 2008. After 20 straight hrs I
believe it's gone, but I think Win32/Vundo.K remains. I lost my restore
points due to Antivirus XP 2008. I am repeated asked to accept MS updates
but my computer fails to accept the change. Going to Start, then Programs,
there is no Admin tab. And McAfee shows a clean scan as does Trojan Huntrer.
When I open a second window tab it states a connection failure, despite the
first tab being conncected. Mycomputer is running very slowly. I'm running
XP Home SP2. I have a DSL connection, no start up disk, nor the OS CD, as my
brother built this computer for me and failed to leave me the CD. I'm
running under a user section and do not know anything about admin rights.

I recently became injured, unable to work for 3 wks, my boss is threathening
to fire me, my dr won't release me to work, so having computer issues n top
of everything else is very trying. I'd greatly appreciate any help possible.
MowGreen [MVP]

Re: How do I remove Win32/Vundo.K ?
Dee wrote:

> Yesterday, I somehow contracted Antivirus XP 2008. After 20 straight hrs I
> believe it's gone, but I think Win32/Vundo.K remains. I lost my restore
> points due to Antivirus XP 2008. I am repeated asked to accept MS updates
> but my computer fails to accept the change. Going to Start, then Programs,
> there is no Admin tab. And McAfee shows a clean scan as does Trojan Huntrer.
> When I open a second window tab it states a connection failure, despite the
> first tab being conncected. Mycomputer is running very slowly. I'm running
> XP Home SP2. I have a DSL connection, no start up disk, nor the OS CD, as my
> brother built this computer for me and failed to leave me the CD. I'm
> running under a user section and do not know anything about admin rights.
>
> I recently became injured, unable to work for 3 wks, my boss is threathening
> to fire me, my dr won't release me to work, so having computer issues n top
> of everything else is very trying. I'd greatly appreciate any help possible.

Dee ... you need to post this to a newsgroup or forum that deals with
malware. This newsgroup deals with issues/concerns with the Microsoft
Update Catalog.

Here's a list of reputable anti-malware forums:

http://spywarehammer.com/simplemachi...php?board=10.0
http://www.atribune.org/forums/index.php?showforum=9
http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30
http://castlecops.com/forum67.html
http://www.dslreports.com/forum/cleanup
http://www.cybertechhelp.com/forums/...splay.php?f=25
http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/Malwa..._Here-f37.html
http://gladiator-antivirus.com/forum...?showforum=170
http://spywarewarrior.com/viewforum.php?f=5

*Please* read the guidelines and/or instructions for posting a
HijackThis log of the forum of your choice before posting anything.

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2008]
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
Matt

I know this is the wrong place to post this...
I know this is the wrong place to post this, but i was watching some of the
old Longhorn preview vids & i'd love to see some of the visual elements of
that integrated into Windows 7.

I know you're not officially accepting input from users, but hopefully
someone on the 7 team will run accross this...

Thanks