Windows Automatic Update

Brian

Windows Automatic Update
I have updated my Office 2003 to Office 2007.
This means my Office, Outlook, Excel Powerpoint and Word are all 2007.
However auto update keeps trying to install updates for Office, Word, Excel,
Outlook and Powerpoint for 2003 and this fails.
It means the computer takes a long time shutting down as it tries to install
these superfluous items.
Does anybody know how to stop this happening??
MowGreen [MVP]

Re: Windows Automatic Update
Brian wrote:

> I have updated my Office 2003 to Office 2007.
> This means my Office, Outlook, Excel Powerpoint and Word are all 2007.
> However auto update keeps trying to install updates for Office, Word, Excel,
> Outlook and Powerpoint for 2003 and this fails.
> It means the computer takes a long time shutting down as it tries to install
> these superfluous items.
> Does anybody know how to stop this happening??

Post forwarded to the Office Updates newsgroup. This one deals with
issues concerning the Microsoft Update Catalog:

Web-based reader link
http://www.microsoft.com/communities...&lang=en&cr=US

Search For: Windows Automatic Update, Brian. [ leave Brian out of the
Search term <w> ]

NNTP reader link <*Preferred*>

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2008]
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============
supoch14

"MowGreen [MVP]" wrote:

> Brian wrote:
>
> > I have updated my Office 2003 to Office 2007.
> > This means my Office, Outlook, Excel Powerpoint and Word are all 2007.
> > However auto update keeps trying to install updates for Office, Word, Excel,
> > Outlook and Powerpoint for 2003 and this fails.
> > It means the computer takes a long time shutting down as it tries to install
> > these superfluous items.
> > Does anybody know how to stop this happening??

> Post forwarded to the Office Updates newsgroup. This one deals with
> issues concerning the Microsoft Update Catalog:
>
> Web-based reader link
> http://www.microsoft.com/communities...&lang=en&cr=US
>
> Search For: Windows Automatic Update, Brian. [ leave Brian out of the
> Search term <w> ]
>
> NNTP reader link <*Preferred*>
>

> MowGreen [MVP 2003-2008]
> ===============
> *-343-* FDNY
> Never Forgotten
> ===============

supoch14

"MowGreen [MVP]" wrote:

> Brian wrote:
>
> > I have updated my Office 2003 to Office 2007.
> > This means my Office, Outlook, Excel Powerpoint and Word are all 2007.
> > However auto update keeps trying to install updates for Office, Word, Excel,
> > Outlook and Powerpoint for 2003 and this fails.
> > It means the computer takes a long time shutting down as it tries to install
> > these superfluous items.
> > Does anybody know how to stop this happening??

> Post forwarded to the Office Updates newsgroup. This one deals with
> issues concerning the Microsoft Update Catalog:
>
> Web-based reader link
> http://www.microsoft.com/communities...&lang=en&cr=US
>
> Search For: Windows Automatic Update, Brian. [ leave Brian out of the
> Search term <w> ]
>
> NNTP reader link <*Preferred*>
>

> MowGreen [MVP 2003-2008]
> *-343-* FDNY