Problems with Microsoft-Update for Windows 2000

corroc64

Problems with Microsoft-Update for Windows 2000
My Windows-Update doesn’t work properly, every update it downloads it fails
to install.
When it tray to install you receive an error message that indicates the
failure to install, nevertheless the updates failed are not even displayed in
the history of the site update with the red icon.
If anyone copuld help I would be ver greatful
TaurArian

Re: Problems with Microsoft-Update for Windows 2000

"corroc64" <corroc64@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| My Windows-Update doesn't work properly, every update it downloads it fails
| to install.
| When it tray to install you receive an error message that indicates the
| failure to install, nevertheless the updates failed are not even displayed in
| the history of the site update with the red icon.
| If anyone copuld help I would be ver greatful

Anything specific like errors in the WU Log?

How to read the Windowsupdate.log file:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/902093

xposted to the WU NG for convenience

Gorade

Re: Problems with Microsoft-Update for Windows 2000
Yes, I had the same problem. How I succeded to work around: The updates
download to
"C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\Download\25133446 251ef6ecfe0d65bcbaffa62a\update\update.exe"
Just run update.exe! That's it.

Greetings

"TaurArian" wrote:

> "corroc64" <corroc64@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> | My Windows-Update doesn't work properly, every update it downloads it fails
> | to install.
> | When it tray to install you receive an error message that indicates the
> | failure to install, nevertheless the updates failed are not even displayed in
> | the history of the site update with the red icon.
> | If anyone copuld help I would be ver greatful
>
> Anything specific like errors in the WU Log?
>
> How to read the Windowsupdate.log file:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/902093
>
> xposted to the WU NG for convenience

corroc64

Re: Problems with Microsoft-Update for Windows 2000
TaurArian and Gorade I would like to thank you for the help but the problem
is surely overcame. In fact my PC is "dead" yesterday evening, suddenly it is
turned off and now will not turn over. I suspect the problem it is caused by
power adapter...... what a pity I was fond to my old PC (Pentium 4 Windows
2000.)

"Gorade" wrote:

> Yes, I had the same problem. How I succeded to work around: The updates
> download to
> "C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\Download\25133446 251ef6ecfe0d65bcbaffa62a\update\update.exe"
> Just run update.exe! That's it.
>
> Greetings
>
> "TaurArian" wrote:
>

> > "corroc64" <corroc64@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > | My Windows-Update doesn't work properly, every update it downloads it fails
> > | to install.
> > | When it tray to install you receive an error message that indicates the
> > | failure to install, nevertheless the updates failed are not even displayed in
> > | the history of the site update with the red icon.
> > | If anyone copuld help I would be ver greatful
> >
> > Anything specific like errors in the WU Log?
> >
> > How to read the Windowsupdate.log file:
> > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/902093
> >
> > xposted to the WU NG for convenience

supoch14