Update Catalog - Error Code 800A0046

Gomer309

Update Catalog - Error Code 800A0046
I have tried just about everything to find and download XP Home SP2 to a CD
so i can finish fixing my son's computer which only has SP1a on it. I was
able to
reinstall the Windows OS.

I found the catalog, found what i wanted, put it in the basket, accepted the
EULA, and then a window pops up with the above error code and does nothing.

I allowed the activex to be installed, my Norton Security doesn't seem to be
blocking anything, i get no error messages saying anything is wrong except
the code above, and i've searched and can't find any answer.

Any help is appreciated.

Robert Aldwinckle

Re: Update Catalog - Error Code 800A0046
"Gomer309" <Gomer309@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> [Subject: Update Catalog - Error Code 800A0046

]

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/883821
(Live Search for
(800A0046 OR 0x800A0046) codes site:microsoft.com
)
<quote>
The 0x800A0046 error code may occur if one of the following conditions is true:
The user logon account belongs to the Guests or Limited account groups.
The security descriptor does not let authenticated users run Windows Update or Microsoft Update.
The Impersonate a client after authentication policy is missing the Administrator and Service account from the list of Users and
Groups.

</quote>

>I have tried just about everything to find and download XP Home SP2 to a CD
> so i can finish fixing my son's computer which only has SP1a on it. I was
> able to
> reinstall the Windows OS.
>
> I found the catalog, found what i wanted, put it in the basket, accepted the
> EULA, and then a window pops up with the above error code and does nothing.
>
> I allowed the activex to be installed,

> my Norton Security doesn't seem to be blocking anything, i get no error messages saying anything is wrong
> except the code above, and i've searched and can't find any answer.

Surely that is enough? <eg>

http://www.microsoft.com/communities...762&sloc=en-us

(web interface search of the WU NG for
0x800A0046 norton
)

> Any help is appreciated.

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
---

Gomer309

Re: Update Catalog - Error Code 800A0046
Thanks for the link, i checked it out, Option 1 of the fixes i couldn't even
find on my computer, so i decided not to mess with anything else. I did come
back to the catalog and tried to download it to the cd again, but it still
wouldn't work, but it would download to the desk top (which is what i did).
Maybe it's the way you have to write files to a temp folder or something
before you burn them to a CD, but anyways thanks for tip and the link. sorry
to have been a bother.

"Robert Aldwinckle" wrote:

> "Gomer309" <Gomer309@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > [Subject: Update Catalog - Error Code 800A0046

> ]
>

> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/883821
> (Live Search for
> (800A0046 OR 0x800A0046) codes site:microsoft.com
> )
> <quote>
> The 0x800A0046 error code may occur if one of the following conditions is true:
> • The user logon account belongs to the Guests or Limited account groups.
> • The security descriptor does not let authenticated users run Windows Update or Microsoft Update.
> • The Impersonate a client after authentication policy is missing the Administrator and Service account from the list of Users and
> Groups.
>
> </quote>
>

> >I have tried just about everything to find and download XP Home SP2 to a CD
> > so i can finish fixing my son's computer which only has SP1a on it. I was
> > able to
> > reinstall the Windows OS.
> >
> > I found the catalog, found what i wanted, put it in the basket, accepted the
> > EULA, and then a window pops up with the above error code and does nothing.
> >
> > I allowed the activex to be installed,

> > my Norton Security doesn't seem to be blocking anything, i get no error messages saying anything is wrong
> > except the code above, and i've searched and can't find any answer.

> Surely that is enough? <eg>
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/communities...762&sloc=en-us
>
> (web interface search of the WU NG for
> 0x800A0046 norton
> )
>

> > Any help is appreciated.

> Good luck
>
> Robert Aldwinckle
> ---

loly2oo4@hotmail.com

Re: Update Catalog - Error Code 800A0046
gracias