Vista losses mouse when updating

xpac5896

Vista losses mouse when updating
I am running Vista Home Premium and I have two updates which is required
before installing Service Pack 1. These updates are in reference to Knowledge
Base 949939 and 938371, both of these are required for SP1. Each time I
install these updates I lose my mouse. I have installed the latest drivers
for the mouse which is a Logitech Cordless Trackman Wheel USB but have no
control over the mouse, the only way I get my mouse back is to use System
Restore. I've tried to reinstall the software for it, but iit looks for
updates to the software and I have no control in stoping it from doing so,
after which it locks up and I have to abort the installation. I have also
tried using a Microsoft mouse also with no luck. I was able to get into
Device Manager and it shows the mouse icon and the correct mouse. Any Ideas
as to what might be causing this or what the solution may be to correct this?
--
xpac5896
TaurArian

Re: Vista losses mouse when updating
Copied from PA Bear's posting -

<snip>

We need your help to resolve this problem:

1. Please find the following files and copy them to a zip file:

Setupapi.log
Setupapi.dev.log
Msinfo32.txt

2. Email the zip file as an attachment to an email addressed to
ERICBROD[AT]MICROSOFT.COM.

3. See this related thread for a possible fix:
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...5a1872b053df04

<snip>

FYI -
Windows Update newsgroup:
(OE newsreader)
or
(Web)
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/e...ang =en&cr=US

--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org