RE: KB946486 - Live Photo Gallery Update: error 0x6B9

Gordon Fuller

RE: KB946486 - Live Photo Gallery Update: error 0x6B9
Re Kb946486 - Live Photo Gallery Update: error 0x6B9
I cannot install this download. I have desktop search installed. Is
there a solution to this error?, if not, where do I go to delete the
download, because it is putting my windows live one care security icon in the
sys tray from green to orange, with the mention that I have a download to
install go to the update centre. When I do this the icon turns to green
again. It`s a pain in the butt if nothing more.

"Bob Bailin" wrote:

> I've tried installing KB946486 - Update for Windows Live Photo Gallery on Win XP SP2
> through Microsoft Update (it's considered critical), and each time it fails with
> Error Code: 0x6B9
>
> I can't find this in the Download Center or in the MU Catalog.
>
> I only have Windows Live Mail and Windows Live Photo Gallery installed.
>
> Any solution to this? For now I've marked this critical update as hidden. Other than
> this, the system is fully patched.
>
> Bob

TaurArian

Re: KB946486 - Live Photo Gallery Update: error 0x6B9
From memory, uninstall Live Photo Gallery and reinstall with the latest version-
http://get.live.com/photogallery/overview

BTW - Windows Update newsgroup:
(OE newsreader)
or
(Web)
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/e...ang =en&cr=US
--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org

"Gordon Fuller" <GordonFuller@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| Re Kb946486 - Live Photo Gallery Update: error 0x6B9
| I cannot install this download. I have desktop search installed. Is
| there a solution to this error?, if not, where do I go to delete the
| download, because it is putting my windows live one care security icon in the
| sys tray from green to orange, with the mention that I have a download to
| install go to the update centre. When I do this the icon turns to green
| again. It`s a pain in the butt if nothing more.
|
| "Bob Bailin" wrote:
|
| > I've tried installing KB946486 - Update for Windows Live Photo Gallery on Win XP SP2
| > through Microsoft Update (it's considered critical), and each time it fails with
| > Error Code: 0x6B9
| >
| > I can't find this in the Download Center or in the MU Catalog.
| >
| > I only have Windows Live Mail and Windows Live Photo Gallery installed.
| >
| > Any solution to this? For now I've marked this critical update as hidden. Other than
| > this, the system is fully patched.
| >
| > Bob

Gordon Fuller

Re: KB946486 - Live Photo Gallery Update: error 0x6B9
Thanks for your idea, but when I tried to uninstall Windows Live Photo
Gallery, I got a message "This patch package could not be opened" etc,. I
cannot uninstall, I cannot install: Houston do I have a problem?

"TaurArian" wrote:

> From memory, uninstall Live Photo Gallery and reinstall with the latest version-
> http://get.live.com/photogallery/overview
>
> BTW - Windows Update newsgroup:
> (OE newsreader)
> or
> (Web)
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/e...ang =en&cr=US
> --
>
> TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Update Services
> http://taurarian.mvps.org
>

> "Gordon Fuller" <GordonFuller@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> | Re Kb946486 - Live Photo Gallery Update: error 0x6B9
> | I cannot install this download. I have desktop search installed. Is
> | there a solution to this error?, if not, where do I go to delete the
> | download, because it is putting my windows live one care security icon in the
> | sys tray from green to orange, with the mention that I have a download to
> | install go to the update centre. When I do this the icon turns to green
> | again. It`s a pain in the butt if nothing more.
> |
> | "Bob Bailin" wrote:
> |
> | > I've tried installing KB946486 - Update for Windows Live Photo Gallery on Win XP SP2
> | > through Microsoft Update (it's considered critical), and each time it fails with
> | > Error Code: 0x6B9
> | >
> | > I can't find this in the Download Center or in the MU Catalog.
> | >
> | > I only have Windows Live Mail and Windows Live Photo Gallery installed.
> | >
> | > Any solution to this? For now I've marked this critical update as hidden. Other than
> | > this, the system is fully patched.
> | >
> | > Bob

TaurArian

Re: KB946486 - Live Photo Gallery Update: error 0x6B9
Houston, you have a problem ...... Do you have the option or repairing the installation
through add/remove in the control panel, if not, then possibly try running the Windows
Installer CleanUp utility to remove the Windows Installer registry settings for Live photo
Gallery, and then reinstall Live Photo Gallery.

Description of the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

--

| Thanks for your idea, but when I tried to uninstall Windows Live Photo
| Gallery, I got a message "This patch package could not be opened" etc,. I
| cannot uninstall, I cannot install: Houston do I have a problem?
|
| "TaurArian" wrote:
|
| > From memory, uninstall Live Photo Gallery and reinstall with the latest version-
| > http://get.live.com/photogallery/overview
| >
| > BTW - Windows Update newsgroup:
| > (OE newsreader)
| > or
| > (Web)

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/e...ang =en&cr=US
| > --
| >
| > TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Update Services
| > http://taurarian.mvps.org
| > ======================================
| > How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
| > Computer Maintenance: Acronis / Diskeeper / Paragon / Raxco
| >

| > "Gordon Fuller" <GordonFuller@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| > | Re Kb946486 - Live Photo Gallery Update: error 0x6B9
| > | I cannot install this download. I have desktop search installed. Is
| > | there a solution to this error?, if not, where do I go to delete the
| > | download, because it is putting my windows live one care security icon in the
| > | sys tray from green to orange, with the mention that I have a download to
| > | install go to the update centre. When I do this the icon turns to green
| > | again. It`s a pain in the butt if nothing more.
| > |
| > | "Bob Bailin" wrote:
| > |
SP2

Gordon Fuller

Re: KB946486 - Live Photo Gallery Update: error 0x6B9
Houston.....Problem solved and all systems are go, thanks to TaurArian. I
used the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility. That took out Windows Live photo
Gallery allowing me to reinstall and that also installed the Update KB946486
that I was stuck with.
Thanks again TaurArian Regards Gordon

"TaurArian" wrote:

> Houston, you have a problem ...... Do you have the option or repairing the installation
> through add/remove in the control panel, if not, then possibly try running the Windows
> Installer CleanUp utility to remove the Windows Installer registry settings for Live photo
> Gallery, and then reinstall Live Photo Gallery.
>
> Description of the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301
>

> --
>
> TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Update Services
> http://taurarian.mvps.org
>

> "Gordon Fuller" <GordonFuller@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> | Thanks for your idea, but when I tried to uninstall Windows Live Photo
> | Gallery, I got a message "This patch package could not be opened" etc,. I
> | cannot uninstall, I cannot install: Houston do I have a problem?
> |
> | "TaurArian" wrote:
> |
> | > From memory, uninstall Live Photo Gallery and reinstall with the latest version-
> | > http://get.live.com/photogallery/overview
> | >
> | > BTW - Windows Update newsgroup:
> | > (OE newsreader)
> | > or
> | > (Web)
> | >
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/e...ang =en&cr=US
> | > --
> | >
> | > TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Update Services
> | > http://taurarian.mvps.org
> | > ======================================
> | > How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
> | > Computer Maintenance: Acronis / Diskeeper / Paragon / Raxco
> | >

> | > "Gordon Fuller" <GordonFuller@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> | > |
> | > |
> SP2

> than

TaurArian

Re: KB946486 - Live Photo Gallery Update: error 0x6B9
Pleased it's all fixed. Have a good day.

news49BCB2B-8D68-4561-AA3E-B5D4A9FDB213@microsoft.com...
| Houston.....Problem solved and all systems are go, thanks to TaurArian. I
| used the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility. That took out Windows Live photo
| Gallery allowing me to reinstall and that also installed the Update KB946486
| that I was stuck with.
| Thanks again TaurArian Regards Gordon
|
| "TaurArian" wrote:
|
| > Houston, you have a problem ...... Do you have the option or repairing the
installation
| > through add/remove in the control panel, if not, then possibly try running the Windows
| > Installer CleanUp utility to remove the Windows Installer registry settings for Live
photo
| > Gallery, and then reinstall Live Photo Gallery.
| >
| > Description of the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility:
| > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301
| >

| > --
| >
| > TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Update Services
| > http://taurarian.mvps.org
| > ======================================
| > How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
| > Computer Maintenance: Acronis / Diskeeper / Paragon / Raxco
| >

| > "Gordon Fuller" <GordonFuller@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| > | Thanks for your idea, but when I tried to uninstall Windows Live Photo
| > | Gallery, I got a message "This patch package could not be opened" etc,. I
| > | cannot uninstall, I cannot install: Houston do I have a problem?
| > |
| > | "TaurArian" wrote:
| > |

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/e...ang =en&cr=US