First off, you're posting in the wrong newsgroup. Try Windows Update:
Secondly, the issue is being caused by an Add-on in Internet Explorer.
1) Open Internet Explorer
2) Select Tools -> Internet Options
3) Select the 'Programs' tab
4) Click the 'Manage add-ons' button
5) Select 'Add-ons that have been used by Internet Explorer' in the dropdown
6) Locate the BitComet add-on, click once on it to highligh it and then
put a tick next to Disable add-on, at the bottom left of the window.
7) Click OK
IF the BitComet add-on is not present then you'll have to go over the
list of non-Microsoft add-ons and disable them all until you find the
one that is causing this issue.
MowGreen [MVP 2003-2008]
> hi did you get the problem fixed i'm experincing the same problem installed
> new mother board wondering if have to install again the updates drivers
> "elparke" wrote:
>>im trying download optional updates but when i click the update i get in the
>>right side the welcome page again and freeze it up. like this.