Looking for WSE

Dave

Looking for WSE
I'm still unclear as to what does get into the catalog.

I need Microsoft Web Services Enhancements (WSE 2.0 SP3), but it isn't here.

thanks
Robert Aldwinckle

Re: Looking for WSE
"Dave" <davep@nospam.postalias> wrote in message
> I'm still unclear as to what does get into the catalog.
>
> I need Microsoft Web Services Enhancements (WSE 2.0 SP3), but it isn't here.

Just looks like an optional add-on, available through the download center:

<title>
Download details: Web Services Enhancements (WSE) 3.0 for Microsoft .NET
</title>

(Live Search for
"web services enhancements" site:microsoft.com
)

<quote>
The Web Services Enhancements (WSE) 3.0 for Microsoft« .NET is
an add-on to Microsoft Visual Studio« 2005 and the Microsoft .NET
Framework 2.0 that enables developers to build secure Web services
based on the latest Web services protocol specifications.
</quote>

Note that a link to specific download that you are asking about
is at the bottom of that page.

> thanks

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle
---

Dave

Re: Looking for WSE
In more general terms, I wish it were in the MUC so that WSUS which could
handle the deployment - I thought the MUC was for optional MS packages.

"Robert Aldwinckle" wrote:

> "Dave" <davep@nospam.postalias> wrote in message
> > I'm still unclear as to what does get into the catalog.
> >
> > I need Microsoft Web Services Enhancements (WSE 2.0 SP3), but it isn't here.

> Just looks like an optional add-on, available through the download center:
>
> <title>
> Download details: Web Services Enhancements (WSE) 3.0 for Microsoft .NET
> </title>
>
> (Live Search for
> "web services enhancements" site:microsoft.com
> )
>
> <quote>
> The Web Services Enhancements (WSE) 3.0 for Microsoft® .NET is
> an add-on to Microsoft Visual Studio® 2005 and the Microsoft .NET
> Framework 2.0 that enables developers to build secure Web services
> based on the latest Web services protocol specifications.
> </quote>
>
> Note that a link to specific download that you are asking about
> is at the bottom of that page.
>

> > thanks

> HTH
>
> Robert Aldwinckle
> ---

Robert Aldwinckle

Re: Looking for WSE
(cross-post added to WSUS)
> In more general terms, I wish it were in the MUC so that WSUS which could
> handle the deployment - I thought the MUC was for optional MS packages.

Doesn't look like it. Looks like MS would like you to use SMS for that.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/wsus/bb466205.aspx

(Live Search for
WSUS FAQ site:microsoft.com
)

<quote>
Q. Can I add my own updates to Windows Server Update Services?

A. No. Only updates synchronized from Microsoft Update or another Windows Server Update Services server are supported.

</quote>

(See also the answer to the question: "What update mechanism does Microsoft recommend?"
for Customer Type "Large or Medium Enterprise".)

Good luck

Robert
---