Specific Update

Theodora

Specific Update
Hello,
I get an update from microsoft to solve a problem with calanders of other
people. The number of the fix is office-kb948716-fullfile-x86-glb.exe. Can I
import that FIX in WSUS and distribute it on all the computers in the house?
Theodora
TaurArian

Re: Specific Update
Perhaps try the WSUS Newsgroup
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/com... date_services

(OE client)

--
====================================
TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Australia

"Theodora" <Theodora@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| Hello,
| I get an update from microsoft to solve a problem with calanders of other
| people. The number of the fix is office-kb948716-fullfile-x86-glb.exe. Can I
| import that FIX in WSUS and distribute it on all the computers in the house?
| Theodora

Ypoons

Re: Specific Update
Theodora a écrit :
> Hello,
> I get an update from microsoft to solve a problem with calanders of other
> people. The number of the fix is office-kb948716-fullfile-x86-glb.exe. Can I
> import that FIX in WSUS and distribute it on all the computers in the house?
> Theodora

Hello Theodora

Bear in mind that if you got that fix directly from Microsoft and
it is *not* available through OfficeUpdate, it's because it has
not been thoroughly tested.
So distributing it on all computers could cause problems on some...

Regards,

--
Ypoons [MVP]
Ne vous approchez jamais d'un ordinateur en disant ou même
CeDee

Re: Specific Update
Hello,

I have the same question. Of course these hotfixes from MS support or
premier service ar not completely tested and released. In our server
infrastructure we nevertheless sometimes rollout such a hotfix.

So the question is: Is it possible to integrated thesee hotfixes into WSUS_

----------------------------------
Regards
Carsten

"Ypoons" wrote:

> Theodora a écrit :
> > Hello,
> > I get an update from microsoft to solve a problem with calanders of other
> > people. The number of the fix is office-kb948716-fullfile-x86-glb.exe. Can I
> > import that FIX in WSUS and distribute it on all the computers in the house?
> > Theodora

> Hello Theodora
>
> Bear in mind that if you got that fix directly from Microsoft and
> it is *not* available through OfficeUpdate, it's because it has
> not been thoroughly tested.
> So distributing it on all computers could cause problems on some...
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Ypoons [MVP]
> Ne vous approchez jamais d'un ordinateur en disant ou même
> seulement pensant "Je vais faire ça très vite !"
> Pour m'écrire : http://www.cerbe rmail.com/?EEcGHSD8yU (enlever
> l'espace)
> Ne me mettez pas dans votre carnet d'adresse ! Je suis spammé !

lypolintan

RE: Specific Update

"Theodora" wrote:

> Hello,
> I get an update from microsoft to solve a problem with calanders of other
> people. The number of the fix is office-kb948716-fullfile-x86-glb.exe. Can I
> import that FIX in WSUS and distribute it on all the computers in the house?
> Theodora

lypolintan

Re: Specific Update

"TaurArian" wrote:

> Perhaps try the WSUS Newsgroup
> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/com... date_services

> (OE client)
>

> --
> ====================================
> TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Australia
> ====================================
> http://taurarian.mvps.org/index.htm
>

> "Theodora" <Theodora@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> | Hello,
> | I get an update from microsoft to solve a problem with calanders of other
> | people. The number of the fix is office-kb948716-fullfile-x86-glb.exe. Can I
> | import that FIX in WSUS and distribute it on all the computers in the house?
> | Theodora

lypolintan

RE: Specific Update

"Theodora" wrote:

> Hello,
> I get an update from microsoft to solve a problem with calanders of other
> people. The number of the fix is office-kb948716-fullfile-x86-glb.exe. Can I
> import that FIX in WSUS and distribute it on all the computers in the house?
> Theodora

lypolintan

Re: Specific Update