script error preventing download

LuisR

script error preventing download
Hi,
At catalog.update.microsoft.com after i go to the basket and initiate the
download
When the popup windows appeard it doesn't show anything and I get an
exclamation icon on IE stating:
line:28, char:104, Error: Unterninated string constant

Robert Aldwinckle

Re: script error preventing download
"LuisR" <LuisR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> At catalog.update.microsoft.com after i go to the basket and initiate the
> download

You will need to give more details about how you loaded your "basket"
for anyone to be able to try to reproduce your symptom.

> When the popup windows appeard it doesn't show anything

FWIW I don't see anything just trying to open the basket with nothing in it either.

However, right-click View Source and Ctrl-g, 28 (in Notepad) then shows
only a line which ends at Column 20.

> and I get an
> exclamation icon on IE stating:
> line:28, char:104, Error: Unterninated string constant

Do the same right-click, View Source, Ctrl-g, 28 for your case to see
the problem line. Note that for Ctrl-g to work (e.g. in Notepad) you must
have Word-Wrap off in the Format menu (Alt-o,W).

As I mentioned above I think it will turn out that what you loaded in your basket
will determine what your source will look like, so the more precisely you can
describe how you did that the more likely someone may be able to help you
find a workaround.

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle
---

LuisR

Re: script error preventing download
After some tests i managed to find that the problem is when I include the
Update rollup:
Update for Office Communications Server 2007, Archiving and CDR Server (KB
945055)
The error allwayr point to a code line:
downloadInformation[0].isHotFix =false;

If I don't include that package the downlad page displays fine and all works
OK

"Robert Aldwinckle" wrote:

> "LuisR" <LuisR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> > At catalog.update.microsoft.com after i go to the basket and initiate the
> > download

> You will need to give more details about how you loaded your "basket"
> for anyone to be able to try to reproduce your symptom.
>

> > When the popup windows appeard it doesn't show anything

> FWIW I don't see anything just trying to open the basket with nothing in it either.
>
> However, right-click View Source and Ctrl-g, 28 (in Notepad) then shows
> only a line which ends at Column 20.
>

> > and I get an
> > exclamation icon on IE stating:
> > line:28, char:104, Error: Unterninated string constant

> Do the same right-click, View Source, Ctrl-g, 28 for your case to see
> the problem line. Note that for Ctrl-g to work (e.g. in Notepad) you must
> have Word-Wrap off in the Format menu (Alt-o,W).
>
> As I mentioned above I think it will turn out that what you loaded in your basket
> will determine what your source will look like, so the more precisely you can
> describe how you did that the more likely someone may be able to help you
> find a workaround.
>

> HTH
>
> Robert Aldwinckle
> ---

LuisR

Re: script error preventing download
The problem is related to a specific update that I include on the download
basket:
Update for Office Communications Server 2007, Archiving and CDR Server (KB
945055)

If I don't include that update I have no no errors and the page is displayed

The source code allways pinpoints to a line with this code:
downloadInformation[1].enTitle = ...

The update title has a CR or LF character! in the middle

> The problem is related to a specific update that I include on the download
> basket:
> Update for Office Communications Server 2007, Archiving and CDR Server (KB
> 945055)
>
> If I don't include that update I have no no errors and the page is displayed

Is it fixed? I don't have any trouble with those updates (2) at all,
no matter how I try to download them, 1 at time or both at once.
OTOH I don't have any Office products installed on this partition... ; )

> The source code allways pinpoints to a line with this code:
> downloadInformation[1].enTitle = ...
>
> The update title has a CR or LF character! in the middle

Line 30, 92 characters.

downloadInformation[1].enTitle ='Update for Office Communications Server 2007 (KB 945055)';

FWIW I see that only if I do an Add All.

Oh. Also I was using EN-US. Perhaps there is a problem with whatever
language you are using?

Also I have Silverlight installed... ; )

What I want to know is where do they download these files go?
I'm getting zero feedback on that score... <eg>

Surprisingly none of these factors are mentioned in either the FAQ or Help page. ; ]

Are you sending a trouble report for this? ; )

Good luck

Robert
---

thomasb

Re: script error preventing download
Thanks for your tip! I had exacly the same problem, now it was at least
possible to dowload the other fixes!

thanks,

"LuisR" wrote:

> The problem is related to a specific update that I include on the download
> basket:
> Update for Office Communications Server 2007, Archiving and CDR Server (KB
> 945055)
>
> If I don't include that update I have no no errors and the page is displayed
>
> The source code allways pinpoints to a line with this code:
> downloadInformation[1].enTitle = ...
>
> The update title has a CR or LF character! in the middle
>

> "Robert Aldwinckle" wrote:
>
> > "LuisR" <LuisR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi,
> > > At catalog.update.microsoft.com after i go to the basket and initiate the
> > > download

> > You will need to give more details about how you loaded your "basket"
> > for anyone to be able to try to reproduce your symptom.
> >

> > > When the popup windows appeard it doesn't show anything

> > FWIW I don't see anything just trying to open the basket with nothing in it either.
> >
> > However, right-click View Source and Ctrl-g, 28 (in Notepad) then shows
> > only a line which ends at Column 20.
> >

> > > and I get an
> > > exclamation icon on IE stating:
> > > line:28, char:104, Error: Unterninated string constant

> > Do the same right-click, View Source, Ctrl-g, 28 for your case to see
> > the problem line. Note that for Ctrl-g to work (e.g. in Notepad) you must
> > have Word-Wrap off in the Format menu (Alt-o,W).
> >
> > As I mentioned above I think it will turn out that what you loaded in your basket
> > will determine what your source will look like, so the more precisely you can
> > describe how you did that the more likely someone may be able to help you
> > find a workaround.
> >

> > HTH
> >
> > Robert Aldwinckle
> > ---

thomasb

Re: script error preventing download
Any news? I'm still not able to download KB 945055 for archiving server

"thomasb" wrote:

> Thanks for your tip! I had exacly the same problem, now it was at least
> possible to dowload the other fixes!
>
> thanks,
>
> "LuisR" wrote:
>
> > The problem is related to a specific update that I include on the download
> > basket:
> > Update for Office Communications Server 2007, Archiving and CDR Server (KB
> > 945055)
> >
> > If I don't include that update I have no no errors and the page is displayed
> >
> > The source code allways pinpoints to a line with this code:
> > downloadInformation[1].enTitle = ...
> >
> > The update title has a CR or LF character! in the middle
> >

> > "Robert Aldwinckle" wrote:
> >
> > > "LuisR" <LuisR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > >
> > > You will need to give more details about how you loaded your "basket"
> > > for anyone to be able to try to reproduce your symptom.

> > > FWIW I don't see anything just trying to open the basket with nothing in it either.
> > >
> > > However, right-click View Source and Ctrl-g, 28 (in Notepad) then shows
> > > only a line which ends at Column 20.

> > > Do the same right-click, View Source, Ctrl-g, 28 for your case to see
> > > the problem line. Note that for Ctrl-g to work (e.g. in Notepad) you must
> > > have Word-Wrap off in the Format menu (Alt-o,W).
> > >
> > > As I mentioned above I think it will turn out that what you loaded in your basket
> > > will determine what your source will look like, so the more precisely you can
> > > describe how you did that the more likely someone may be able to help you
> > > find a workaround.
> > >

> > > HTH
> > >
> > > Robert Aldwinckle
> > > ---

LuisR

Re: script error preventing download
from the page source code you can get the url
here's the direct download link:
http://www.download.windowsupdate.co...c95f05 11.cab

"thomasb" wrote:

> Any news? I'm still not able to download KB 945055 for archiving server
>
> "thomasb" wrote:
>
> > Thanks for your tip! I had exacly the same problem, now it was at least
> > possible to dowload the other fixes!
> >
> > thanks,
> >
> > "LuisR" wrote:
> >
> > > The problem is related to a specific update that I include on the download
> > > basket:
> > > Update for Office Communications Server 2007, Archiving and CDR Server (KB
> > > 945055)
> > >
> > > If I don't include that update I have no no errors and the page is displayed
> > >
> > > The source code allways pinpoints to a line with this code:
> > > downloadInformation[1].enTitle = ...
> > >
> > > The update title has a CR or LF character! in the middle

LuisR

Re: script error preventing download
here the download url