Hotfixes

Erkie

Hotfixes
Can you start including all MS hotfixes to the update catalog. It is
frustrating having to search in different locations for Vista / Office /
other MS hotfixes. An example of just a few hotfixes not presently available
on the catalog:

kb943075
kb929978
kb937124
kb938888

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/communities...date_ catalog
MowGreen [MVP]

Re: Hotfixes
There is no KB929978.
The other 3 hotfixes are now available on the MS Download Center or via
the Office Update page.
The reason hotfixes are not widely distributed is that they have not
undergone as rigorous testing as hotfixes that are released to the MS
Update Catalog/Download Center/etc.

Check this out: Something about Hotfix
http://blogs.technet.com/hot/archive...ut-hotfix.aspx

That is the ' Microsoft Hot Fix and Hot Issue Center ' blog.

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2008]
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============

Erkie wrote:

> Can you start including all MS hotfixes to the update catalog. It is
> frustrating having to search in different locations for Vista / Office /
> other MS hotfixes. An example of just a few hotfixes not presently available
> on the catalog:
>
> kb943075
> kb929978
> kb937124
> kb938888
>

> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/communities...date_ catalog

Mace

Re: Hotfixes
Well in our case we have issues with MOSS 2007 and Excel 2007 so we would
like to deploy KB938888 and it would be nice to use WSUS 3.0 for this issue.

"MowGreen [MVP]" wrote:

> There is no KB929978.
> The other 3 hotfixes are now available on the MS Download Center or via
> the Office Update page.
> The reason hotfixes are not widely distributed is that they have not
> undergone as rigorous testing as hotfixes that are released to the MS
> Update Catalog/Download Center/etc.
>
> Check this out: Something about Hotfix
> http://blogs.technet.com/hot/archive...ut-hotfix.aspx
>
> That is the ' Microsoft Hot Fix and Hot Issue Center ' blog.
>
> MowGreen [MVP 2003-2008]
> ===============
> *-343-* FDNY
> Never Forgotten
> ===============
>

> Erkie wrote:
>
> > Can you start including all MS hotfixes to the update catalog. It is
> > frustrating having to search in different locations for Vista / Office /
> > other MS hotfixes. An example of just a few hotfixes not presently available
> > on the catalog:
> >
> > kb943075
> > kb929978
> > kb937124
> > kb938888
> >

> > ----------------
> >
> > http://www.microsoft.com/communities...date_ catalog

TaurArian

Re: Hotfixes
Perhaps try the WSUS Newsgroup (this is the Microsoft Update Catalog
Newsgroup).

On the web:
http://www.microsoft.com/communities... date_services

In your newsreader:

--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org

"Mace" <Mace@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news9C81A38-3D23-4DA9-9457-DC1D6E43693E@microsoft.com...
> Well in our case we have issues with MOSS 2007 and Excel 2007 so we would
> like to deploy KB938888 and it would be nice to use WSUS 3.0 for this
> issue.
>
> "MowGreen [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> There is no KB929978.
>> The other 3 hotfixes are now available on the MS Download Center or via
>> the Office Update page.
>> The reason hotfixes are not widely distributed is that they have not
>> undergone as rigorous testing as hotfixes that are released to the MS
>> Update Catalog/Download Center/etc.
>>
>> Check this out: Something about Hotfix
>> http://blogs.technet.com/hot/archive...ut-hotfix.aspx
>>
>> That is the ' Microsoft Hot Fix and Hot Issue Center ' blog.
>>
>> MowGreen [MVP 2003-2008]
>> ===============
>> *-343-* FDNY
>> Never Forgotten
>> ===============
>>

>> Erkie wrote:
>>
>> > Can you start including all MS hotfixes to the update catalog. It is
>> > frustrating having to search in different locations for Vista / Office
>> > /
>> > other MS hotfixes. An example of just a few hotfixes not presently
>> > available
>> > on the catalog:
>> >
>> > kb943075
>> > kb929978
>> > kb937124
>> > kb938888
>> >

>> > ----------------
>> > This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the
>> > suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the
>> > "I
>> > Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow
>> > this
>> > link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and
>> > then
>> > click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>> >
>> > http://www.microsoft.com/communities...date_ catalog

hotfixes Eddie G microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 2 12-01-2007 23:14
Updates and Hotfixes shattered00 microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 2 11-28-2007 04:57
Neue Hotfixes John microsoft.public.de.windows.vista.administration 3 10-06-2007 16:39
Hotfixes By E-Mail Steve Security News 0 08-13-2007 16:30
Hotfixes Cammac468 microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 5 07-23-2007 02:44