microsif works 8.5

zanypumpkin

microsif works 8.5

-- I cannot uninstall Microsoft Works 8.5 it keeps saying I need to be an
adminstrator and I am the administrator can someone please help, I am
running windows Vista Home Premium. I installed it from CD in the first
place I have been through the usual channels through Control Panel etc.,
--
zp
zp
guzarva16

RE: microsif works 8.5

"zanypumpkin" wrote:

> -- I cannot uninstall Microsoft Works 8.5 it keeps saying I need to be an
> adminstrator and I am the administrator can someone please help, I am
> running windows Vista Home Premium. I installed it from CD in the first
> place I have been through the usual channels through Control Panel etc.,
> --
> zp
> zp

marywhidbey

RE: microsif works 8.5

"zanypumpkin" wrote:

> -- I cannot uninstall Microsoft Works 8.5 it keeps saying I need to be an
> adminstrator and I am the administrator can someone please help, I am
> running windows Vista Home Premium. I installed it from CD in the first
> place I have been through the usual channels through Control Panel etc.,
> --
> zp
> zp

marywhidbey

RE: microsif works 8.5
Go into your Control Panel. Look at User Accounts.
Click on your user name and icon.
Double check that you're an admin.

(Also, if you're still covered by a warrantee or some plan from your
computer manufacturer, call them.
Some offer remote assistance and can do all of this for you. Mine will do
this for me.)

Sometimes even if you are an admin you need to use Safemode to use safemode
admin account.

You may already know about Safemode.
Follow the directions in Help or these directions might help to get into
Safemode.

Safemode: Hit F8 repeatedly while starting the computer.)
Simple choose the selection of Safemode.

Then you really are the a major admin.
All will appear larger as your vid card isn't operating in it's normal
manner at all.
The default vid card is functioning.

Go to Control Panel. Go to Add/Remove Programs.
Select Microsoft Works.
Click on it.
It will help you to complete the steps for uninstalling the program.
(You will lose the Microsoft Works Word Processor.)

Now, even if you uninstall it, it might reappear should you do a System
Restore.

This happens if one installs and uninstalls a game and then, later, one
needs to do some system restore.

There are advanced techniques to make sure the item is gone from your
computer.

These are the steps I use to uninstall the uninstallable.

I also use some sort of Registry Cleaner as this sometimes removes the
registry entries for programs to make sure most of it is gone.

Do use Windows Explorer or right click on Start and select Explore.
Check in the Windows programs area to see if it's gone.

Advanced methods will allow these files to be viewed.

Use your Help option available with your Windows program to learn advanced
methods.
If you're online, you'll have more responses from MS as well as from your
computer or OEM for suggestions available using Help.

(I tried my OEM disks and didn't find an option allowing me to use an
uninstall option.
(Please, I'm new at posting. Please post and correct anything I've written.
Moderator: Feel free to edit or delete my post.)

Good luck!

I don't know if it's proper to mention a link but this is an interesting read:
http://lifehacker.com/software/how-t...are-268321.php

This might not apply to Works at all but I'm going to try some of the steps
recommended.

Comments welcome on the process recommended for this link.

(Add/Remove Windows Components (listed on the left when you open Add/Remove
Programs) has always bugged me. It seems to have it's own agenda that is not
clear to the user.)

"zanypumpkin" wrote:

> -- I cannot uninstall Microsoft Works 8.5 it keeps saying I need to be an
> adminstrator and I am the administrator can someone please help, I am
> running windows Vista Home Premium. I installed it from CD in the first
> place I have been through the usual channels through Control Panel etc.,
> --
> zp
> zp

Go into your Control Panel. Look at User Accounts. Click on your user name
and icon.
Double check that you're an admin.
If not, start up in SafeMode (hit F8 repeatedly while starting windows.)