Delete the new microsoft update installers????

badddd

Delete the new microsoft update installers????
It seems that everyone is having the same problems with the new installers
of updates. Do we need to go back and use the original. I can't get it to
work properly. I had 81 updates that wouldn't update. I finally put them in
one by one in the update catalog. The updates still state I need them. I
have tried all the troubleshooting ideas and spent hours doing it. I did the
regedit and the subkey was told to uninstall and re-install. I then made
sure there were no other administrators and I had full control access to all
computer level keys. I have a microsoft windows Registry description of
256986. Envolves KB registry, backup, expertiseadvanced, errmsg, and prb,
what do you suggest. Delete the whole business until the kinks are worked
out, because it leaves us wide open to whatever.
unif

RE: Delete the new microsoft update installers????

"badddd" wrote:

> It seems that everyone is having the same problems with the new installers
> of updates. Do we need to go back and use the original. I can't get it to
> work properly. I had 81 updates that wouldn't update. I finally put them in
> one by one in the update catalog. The updates still state I need them. I
> have tried all the troubleshooting ideas and spent hours doing it. I did the
> regedit and the subkey was told to uninstall and re-install. I then made
> sure there were no other administrators and I had full control access to all
> computer level keys. I have a microsoft windows Registry description of
> 256986. Envolves KB registry, backup, expertiseadvanced, errmsg, and prb,
> what do you suggest. Delete the whole business until the kinks are worked
> out, because it leaves us wide open to whatever.

NIGEL YATES

RE: Delete the new microsoft update installers????
Get a Mac, it will take a couple of hours learning to use it but it's the
last upgrade you will ever need. I've been using Windows since 3.1 and Vista
is horrible and I am ready to throw in the towel myself.