IE8 doesn't save my hostory or change color on visited links

carstenl

IE8 doesn't save my hostory or change color on visited links
Hi all

I'm running IE8 just as I'm used to, but around two weeks ago, it stopped
accepting cookies and the browser history is not kept either. When I visit
some secure sites, they tell me my PC doesn't allow cookies and guide me on
how to correct this, but everything is set normal and I haven't made any
changes (things are as suggested). The browser doesn't keep the history
either, so when I visit a link on i.e. Google or Flickr, the link doesn't
change color to show it is a visited link and I can't see history in the
"Favorites" drop down history list (and I've checked the link colors, they
are set differently :-)).

I've been boxing with this for two days now and have found, that if I remove
the check mark in "enable protected mode", everything works fine.
I've tried resetting IE8, removing it from Windows installed files and tried
deleting history, nothing helps.

I might add, that I have set 250MB of space for temp and history to be kept
for 170 days.

Hope you can help!

Thanks a lot.
Don Varnau

Re: IE8 doesn't save my hostory or change color on visited links
Hi,
Clear the Temporary Internet Files and History. You may have corruption in
those folders. Set the Temporary Internet Files to 100 MB or less and set
History to no more than 30 days. Those settings will reduce the likelihood
of corruption.

In Internet Options> Privacy, try a setting of Low or Accept all.

The Protected Mode info suggests that a third-party program or browser
add-on is involved.
For troubleshooting information (add-ons) see:

This newsgroup is about to be shutdown. You may have to post this question
to the forums at
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...plorer/threads
-
Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"carstenl" <carstenl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi all
>
> I'm running IE8 just as I'm used to, but around two weeks ago, it stopped
> accepting cookies and the browser history is not kept either. When I visit
> some secure sites, they tell me my PC doesn't allow cookies and guide me

on
> how to correct this, but everything is set normal and I haven't made any
> changes (things are as suggested). The browser doesn't keep the history
> either, so when I visit a link on i.e. Google or Flickr, the link doesn't
> change color to show it is a visited link and I can't see history in the
> "Favorites" drop down history list (and I've checked the link colors, they
> are set differently :-)).
>
> I've been boxing with this for two days now and have found, that if I

remove
> the check mark in "enable protected mode", everything works fine.
> I've tried resetting IE8, removing it from Windows installed files and

tried
> deleting history, nothing helps.
>
> I might add, that I have set 250MB of space for temp and history to be

kept
> for 170 days.
>
> Hope you can help!
>
> Thanks a lot.

Re: IE8 doesn't save my hostory or change color on visited links
Windows version is...?

What third-party firewall (if any)?

it)?

NB: MS is dropping this newsgroup sometime today in favor of this web-forum: