IE8

kenp

IE8
Hi
Recently IE8 is quite slow to start, also quite often the notice "Internet
Explorer has Stopped working" closing ..
I have done System Restore but problem still there.

Any ideas please ??

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Gordon

Re: IE8

"kenp" <kenp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> This post is a suggestion for Microsoft,

If this group was CLOSED on the MS news servers yesterday, how come you're
posting from the MS web access?

Re: IE8
And your suggestion is...?

Gordon wrote:
>> This post is a suggestion for Microsoft,

> If this group was CLOSED on the MS news servers yesterday, how come you're
> posting from the MS web access?

At 8:24 AM, 02 July 2010, this newsgroup's still carried on the MS
newsserver.

Bob Lucas

Re: IE8
The end of the world is nigh - or is it?

> Gordon wrote:
>>> This post is a suggestion for Microsoft,

>> If this group was CLOSED on the MS news servers yesterday, how
>> come you're
>> posting from the MS web access?

> At 8:24 AM, 02 July 2010, this newsgroup's still carried on the
> MS newsserver.

bryn_ie8team

Re: IE8

If you find that IE8 stops working frequently in Windows, here are some
trouble-shooting steps you may try:

1. Run your anti-virus and an anti-spyware, to check for malware
infections. Microsoft Security Essentials is a good freeware AV from
Microsoft.
2. Clear Cache. Or else run your Junk Cleaner or CCleaner. In IE 7 or
8, click Tools > Internet options > Security > Reset all Zones to
Default level
3. If still you find your IE giving problems, close it and run IE (No
Add-ons). This opens up the browser without loading any add-ons,
toolbars or plug-ins.
4. Run sfc /sc¬annow and at the end reboot if asked for. This will
replace corrupted system files if any.
If you find it running OK, then the problem is most probably caused by
an addon. In that case you have two options :
- Use the manage Add-ons tool, and disable each one after the other to
find out which one is causing the problem.
- In Internet Options, go to Advanced Tab and click on Reset tab.
Restart IE. This step deletes all temp files, disables any add-ons,
plug-ins, toolbars and also resets all changed settings to default.
Although this is a quick-fix, you will have to re-install the add-ons.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
Bryn
IE Outreach Team