Hyperlinks in Internet Explorer 8

Jim

Hyperlinks in Internet Explorer 8
I'm running Internet Explorer 8 in Windows 7. Norton is the security package.
When an e-mail has a hyerlink and I click on it I receive an answer that the
system will not allow it. Any suggestions?
Jeff Strickland

Re: Hyperlinks in Internet Explorer 8

"Jim" <Jim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm running Internet Explorer 8 in Windows 7. Norton is the security
> package.
> When an e-mail has a hyerlink and I click on it I receive an answer that
> the
> system will not allow it. Any suggestions?

Check your security settings.

Look in your email client to see if you have security options that prevent
dangerous links to be opened. You have trouble with settings, there's no
reason that IE would not go where you tell it unless you had a security
setting that disallows it.

You have security settings within IE, and there are security options buried
within Windows Live Mail -- formerly Outlook Express. There are other email
clients out there too, you will have to check the security settings there if
you use them.

Big_Al

Jim said this on 7/1/2010 6:40 PM:
> I'm running Internet Explorer 8 in Windows 7. Norton is the security package.
> When an e-mail has a hyerlink and I click on it I receive an answer that the
> system will not allow it. Any suggestions?

Did you try disabling Norton for a few minutes?

Re: Hyperlinks in Internet Explorer 8
Get rid of Norton?

Jim wrote:
> I'm running Internet Explorer 8 in Windows 7. Norton is the security
> package. When an e-mail has a hyerlink and I click on it I receive an
> answer that the system will not allow it. Any suggestions?

KCB

> Get rid of Norton?

Have you ever used a Norton product? If so, when was the last time?
Just curious.

Gordon

Re: Hyperlinks in Internet Explorer 8

"Jim" <Jim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm running Internet Explorer 8 in Windows 7. Norton is the security
> package.
> When an e-mail has a hyerlink and I click on it I receive an answer that
> the
> system will not allow it. Any suggestions?

Please quote the ENTIRE error message. "The system won't allow it" is so
vague as to be completely useless.

VanguardLH

Jim wrote:

> I'm running Internet Explorer 8 in Windows 7. Norton is the security package.
> When an e-mail has a hyerlink and I click on it I receive an answer that the
> system will not allow it. Any suggestions?

There is no such error message as "system will not allow it".

Regarding error or status messages:
- Do NOT omit the message.
- Do NOT describe the message.
- Do NOT summarize the message.
- Do NOT paraphrase the message.
- Do NOT truncate the message.
- Do show the ENTIRE message (but munge or star out personal info,
like your username in an e-mail address but not the domain).
And DETAIL the steps to reproduce the error or problem.

Maybe what the actual error message said was "Operation cancelled due to
restrictions". That's just a guess since you didn't tell *us* what was
the actual error message. If I guess right ...

You are claiming that you have no knowledge of how to perform online
searches? Google still works:

http://www.google.com/search?q=%2B%2...+ computer%22

Operation canceled due to restrictions:
http://www.slipstick.com/problems/link_restrict.htm