Using check marks (ticks) when browsing a site

Traderhorne

Using check marks (ticks) when browsing a site
I have repeatedly experienced an issue in that when asked to accept terms and
conditions by checking a box I have done as asked and pressed the button to
move forward to the next page but I get a message telling me I have not
accepted the terms and conditions. I use the go back button to find that sure
enough the check mark has disappeared so I re-enter it and my frustrations
mount as I get the same result. I am using IE8 and reset all setting s to
default which made no difference and ran my virus checker (just in case)
which came back negative. I am using a Microsoft Wireless Laser Keyboard and
Mouse 6000 v.2.0. The site in particular is an airline (Ryanair.com) and the
site was not experiencing any difficulties at the time as my neighbour
accessed the page I could not access using IE 7. I am not savvy enough to
understand the likely cause of the problem but would like to solve it.
Rob

Re: Using check marks (ticks) when browsing a site
Traderhorne <Traderhorne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I am not savvy enough to
> understand the likely cause of the problem but would like to solve it.

Then start by running IE without all the toolbars that you may have
installed over time.
Jeff Strickland

"Traderhorne" <Traderhorne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have repeatedly experienced an issue in that when asked to accept terms
>and
> conditions by checking a box I have done as asked and pressed the button
> move forward to the next page but I get a message telling me I have not
> accepted the terms and conditions. I use the go back button to find that
> sure
> enough the check mark has disappeared so I re-enter it and my frustrations
> mount as I get the same result. I am using IE8 and reset all setting s to
> default which made no difference and ran my virus checker (just in case)
> which came back negative. I am using a Microsoft Wireless Laser Keyboard
> and
> Mouse 6000 v.2.0. The site in particular is an airline (Ryanair.com) and
> the
> site was not experiencing any difficulties at the time as my neighbour
> accessed the page I could not access using IE 7. I am not savvy enough to
> understand the likely cause of the problem but would like to solve it.

I use IE8 under Win XP Pro, SP3, and I went to Ryanair.com and had no
trouble with the checkbox for accepting the terms and conditions.

rob^_^

Re: Using check marks (ticks) when browsing a site
Hi Trader,

What is the web site address where this occurs. (sounds like ebay or another
online auction site).

Try

Tools>Compatibility View Settings, check "Include updated website lists from
Microsoft"
or
Add the web site address to the list of sites that require compatibility
view.

Also
Tools>Internet Options, Security tab, click "Reset all zones to default"

Your keyboard is probably not at fault.... more than likely it is the way
the web site is designed. The above settings will enable IE8 to correct that
issue.

Regards.

"Traderhorne" <Traderhorne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have repeatedly experienced an issue in that when asked to accept terms
> and
> conditions by checking a box I have done as asked and pressed the button
> move forward to the next page but I get a message telling me I have not
> accepted the terms and conditions. I use the go back button to find that
> sure
> enough the check mark has disappeared so I re-enter it and my frustrations
> mount as I get the same result. I am using IE8 and reset all setting s to
> default which made no difference and ran my virus checker (just in case)
> which came back negative. I am using a Microsoft Wireless Laser Keyboard
> and
> Mouse 6000 v.2.0. The site in particular is an airline (Ryanair.com) and
> the
> site was not experiencing any difficulties at the time as my neighbour
> accessed the page I could not access using IE 7. I am not savvy enough to
> understand the likely cause of the problem but would like to solve it.

Bob Lucas

Re: Using check marks (ticks) when browsing a site
Ryanair !!

You will probably have to pay extra charges, before they will
allow you to use their website. Couldn't you find a more
customer friendly airline?

Seriously. There are no problems from here with the Ryanair
site, using Win XP(SP3) and IE8.

If you are having problems (and you are sure you want to fly with
Ryanair), you could download and install an additional browser
(such as Mozilla Firefox). It can be very useful to have access
to an alternative browser on your computer, because some web
pages do not display properly in IE8 (display problems are not
always caused by IE8).

"Traderhorne" <Traderhorne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
> I have repeatedly experienced an issue in that when asked to
> accept terms and
> conditions by checking a box I have done as asked and pressed
> the button to
> move forward to the next page but I get a message telling me I
> have not
> accepted the terms and conditions. I use the go back button to
> find that sure
> enough the check mark has disappeared so I re-enter it and my
> frustrations
> mount as I get the same result. I am using IE8 and reset all
> setting s to
> default which made no difference and ran my virus checker (just
> in case)
> which came back negative. I am using a Microsoft Wireless Laser
> Keyboard and
> Mouse 6000 v.2.0. The site in particular is an airline
> (Ryanair.com) and the
> site was not experiencing any difficulties at the time as my
> neighbour
> accessed the page I could not access using IE 7. I am not savvy
> enough to
> understand the likely cause of the problem but would like to
> solve it.

Bob Lucas

Re: Using check marks (ticks) when browsing a site
One other think to check. IE8 may be configured to block some or
all cookies. Some secure websites go into a 'loop', if they
cannot save a cookie on your computer. Check the cookie
settings.

Also, is there a privacy report icon (looks like a red eye) at
the bottom of the Ryanair page? If so, double click on the
privacy report icon, to show the list of blocked cookies. You
can permit individual cookies by right clicking on the name of
the cookie, and selecting 'always accept cookies from this site'.

"Bob Lucas" <bob@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Ryanair !!
>
> You will probably have to pay extra charges, before they will
> allow you to use their website. Couldn't you find a more
> customer friendly airline?
>
> Seriously. There are no problems from here with the Ryanair
> site, using Win XP(SP3) and IE8.
>
> If you are having problems (and you are sure you want to fly
> with Ryanair), you could download and install an additional
> browser (such as Mozilla Firefox). It can be very useful to
> have access to an alternative browser on your computer, because
> some web pages do not display properly in IE8 (display problems
> are not always caused by IE8).
>

> "Traderhorne" <Traderhorne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message
>> I have repeatedly experienced an issue in that when asked to
>> accept terms and
>> conditions by checking a box I have done as asked and pressed
>> the button to
>> move forward to the next page but I get a message telling me I
>> have not
>> accepted the terms and conditions. I use the go back button to
>> find that sure
>> enough the check mark has disappeared so I re-enter it and my
>> frustrations
>> mount as I get the same result. I am using IE8 and reset all
>> setting s to
>> default which made no difference and ran my virus checker
>> (just in case)
>> which came back negative. I am using a Microsoft Wireless
>> Laser Keyboard and
>> Mouse 6000 v.2.0. The site in particular is an airline
>> (Ryanair.com) and the
>> site was not experiencing any difficulties at the time as my
>> neighbour
>> accessed the page I could not access using IE 7. I am not
>> savvy enough to
>> understand the likely cause of the problem but would like to
>> solve it.

Jeff Strickland

Re: Using check marks (ticks) when browsing a site

news126E664-19FF-49BC-9C55-5EEB2AAD722B@microsoft.com...
> Hi Trader,
>
> What is the web site address where this occurs. (sounds like ebay or
> another online auction site).

He said it was on www.ryanair.com

Jeff Strickland

"Jeff Strickland" <crwlrjeff@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> "Traderhorne" <Traderhorne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I have repeatedly experienced an issue in that when asked to accept terms
>>and
>> conditions by checking a box I have done as asked and pressed the button
>> move forward to the next page but I get a message telling me I have not
>> accepted the terms and conditions. I use the go back button to find that
>> sure
>> enough the check mark has disappeared so I re-enter it and my
>> frustrations
>> mount as I get the same result. I am using IE8 and reset all setting s to
>> default which made no difference and ran my virus checker (just in case)
>> which came back negative. I am using a Microsoft Wireless Laser Keyboard
>> and
>> Mouse 6000 v.2.0. The site in particular is an airline (Ryanair.com) and
>> the
>> site was not experiencing any difficulties at the time as my neighbour
>> accessed the page I could not access using IE 7. I am not savvy enough to
>> understand the likely cause of the problem but would like to solve it.

> I use IE8 under Win XP Pro, SP3, and I went to Ryanair.com and had no
> trouble with the checkbox for accepting the terms and conditions.

BY THE WAY ...
When you click the checkbox and Submit, then use the Back Button, the
checkbox will be cleared. This is normal behavior.

Some pages might gather the information you had entered, and then back-fill
the boxes if you need to go backwards and revisit a page over again. But the
writer has to take the effort to gather the information and store it, then
call it again when you click the Back Button. Most writers will not go to
the trouble. Some do. But whatever, it's not a bug of Internet Explorer.

rob^_^

Re: Using check marks (ticks) when browsing a site
Thanks Jeff. I realized that after the Send. Regards.