Newsgroup is being closed - now what do I do?

Newsgroup is being closed - now what do I do?
[Crosspost to IE General & Windows Update newsgroups]

In its infinite, control-freak wisdom, MS has decided to drop IE General &
Windows Update newsgroups on 01 July 2010; cf.
http://www.microsoft.com/communities...s/default.mspx

[Send your feedback to the black hole known as nntp@microsoft.com]

If you need assistance with an IE problem, you can begin your own, new
thread in this MS Answers forum:
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...plorer/threads

If you need assistance with a Windows Update problem, you can begin your
own, new thread in this MS Answers forum:
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...istawu/threads

NB: Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; WinXP 64-bit
SP2; Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) as well as your current
IE version (e.g., IE6, IE7, IE8) in your first post.

MS Answers forums FAQ
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/help

"What a long, strange trip it's been." Bye-bye, see ya!
~~

Hoyst Owen Petard

Re: Newsgroup is being closed - now what do I do?
Take care, ~Robear. The next step to the demise is on the horizon.

:
[...]
: ~~
: ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
: MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Client - since 2002
:

antioch

Re: Newsgroup is being closed - now what do I do?
Hello PABear
Thank you for the warning and all your help over the last 10 years.

Perhaps we may meet in 'the next life'.
My IP/ISP has done the same recently - used the excuse that the forums were
more popular - and the only reason for that was, when searching for help on
their web site, they always directed you to the discussion/forums and never
to newsgroups. Bit like MS. - and they tried to say that users found it
easier to use the forums - but those directed to the newsgroups were most
grateful.

Rgds
Antioch

> [Crosspost to IE General & Windows Update newsgroups]
>
> In its infinite, control-freak wisdom, MS has decided to drop IE General &
> Windows Update newsgroups on 01 July 2010; cf.
> http://www.microsoft.com/communities...s/default.mspx
>
> [Send your feedback to the black hole known as nntp@microsoft.com]
>
> If you need assistance with an IE problem, you can begin your own, new
> thread in this MS Answers forum:
> http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...plorer/threads
>
> If you need assistance with a Windows Update problem, you can begin your
> own, new thread in this MS Answers forum:
> http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...istawu/threads
>
> NB: Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; WinXP 64-bit
> SP2; Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) as well as your
> current IE version (e.g., IE6, IE7, IE8) in your first post.
>
> MS Answers forums FAQ
> http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/help
>
> "What a long, strange trip it's been." Bye-bye, see ya!
> ~~
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

GS

Re: Newsgroup is being closed - now what do I do?
searching on forum may be a bit easier at times but the ms forum
occasionally fouls up page format badly
or may be just more so during last couple of days due to maintenance effort

> [Crosspost to IE General & Windows Update newsgroups]
>
> In its infinite, control-freak wisdom, MS has decided to drop IE General &
> Windows Update newsgroups on 01 July 2010; cf.
> http://www.microsoft.com/communities...s/default.mspx
>
> [Send your feedback to the black hole known as nntp@microsoft.com]
>
> If you need assistance with an IE problem, you can begin your own, new
> thread in this MS Answers forum:
> http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...plorer/threads
>
> If you need assistance with a Windows Update problem, you can begin your
> own, new thread in this MS Answers forum:
> http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...istawu/threads
>
> NB: Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; WinXP 64-bit
> SP2; Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) as well as your

current
> IE version (e.g., IE6, IE7, IE8) in your first post.
>
> MS Answers forums FAQ
> http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/help
>
> "What a long, strange trip it's been." Bye-bye, see ya!
> ~~
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

Lee Antony

Re: Newsgroup is being closed - now what do I do?
What, is that past the event horizon? Be aware, your real identity is known
Hoyst Owen Petard.

"Hoyst Owen Petard" <ho@petard.invalid> wrote in message
> Take care, ~Robear. The next step to the demise is on the horizon.

> : [Crosspost to IE General & Windows Update newsgroups]
> :
> : In its infinite, control-freak wisdom, MS has decided to drop IE General
> &
> : Windows Update newsgroups on 01 July 2010; cf.
> : http://www.microsoft.com/communities...s/default.mspx
> :
> : [Send your feedback to the black hole known as nntp@microsoft.com]
> :
> : If you need assistance with an IE problem, you can begin your own, new
> : thread in this MS Answers forum:
> :
> http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...plorer/threads
> :
> : If you need assistance with a Windows Update problem, you can begin your
> : own, new thread in this MS Answers forum:
> : http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...istawu/threads
> :
> : NB: Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; WinXP
> 64-bit
> : SP2; Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) as well as your
> current
> : IE version (e.g., IE6, IE7, IE8) in your first post.
> :
> : MS Answers forums FAQ
> : http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/help
> :
> : "What a long, strange trip it's been." Bye-bye, see ya!
> : ~~
> : ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> : MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Client - since 2002
> :

Bill

Re: Newsgroup is being closed - now what do I do?
And we never did get the 646 bug fixed.

Thanks for your, and the other regulars, help over the years.

Bill

> [Crosspost to IE General & Windows Update newsgroups]
>
> In its infinite, control-freak wisdom, MS has decided to drop IE General &
> Windows Update newsgroups on 01 July 2010; cf.
> http://www.microsoft.com/communities...s/default.mspx
>
> [Send your feedback to the black hole known as nntp@microsoft.com]
>
> If you need assistance with an IE problem, you can begin your own, new
> thread in this MS Answers forum:
> http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...plorer/threads
>
> If you need assistance with a Windows Update problem, you can begin your
> own, new thread in this MS Answers forum:
> http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...istawu/threads
>
> NB: Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; WinXP 64-bit
> SP2; Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) as well as your
> current IE version (e.g., IE6, IE7, IE8) in your first post.
>
> MS Answers forums FAQ
> http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/help
>
> "What a long, strange trip it's been." Bye-bye, see ya!
> ~~
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

Re: Newsgroup is being closed - now what do I do?
Office Team sez, "What 646 bug?"

Bill wrote:
> And we never did get the 646 bug fixed.
>
> Thanks for your, and the other regulars, help over the years.
>
> Bill

>> [Crosspost to IE General & Windows Update newsgroups]
>>
>> In its infinite, control-freak wisdom, MS has decided to drop IE General
>> &
>> Windows Update newsgroups on 01 July 2010; cf.
>> http://www.microsoft.com/communities...s/default.mspx
>>
>> [Send your feedback to the black hole known as nntp@microsoft.com]
>>
>> If you need assistance with an IE problem, you can begin your own, new
>> thread in this MS Answers forum:
>> http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...plorer/threads
>>
>> If you need assistance with a Windows Update problem, you can begin your
>> own, new thread in this MS Answers forum:
>> http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...istawu/threads
>>
>> NB: Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; WinXP 64-bit
>> SP2; Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) as well as your
>> current IE version (e.g., IE6, IE7, IE8) in your first post.
>>
>> MS Answers forums FAQ
>> http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/help
>>
>> "What a long, strange trip it's been." Bye-bye, see ya!
>> ~~
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

Terry R.

Re: Newsgroup is being closed - now what do I do?
On 6/30/2010 11:16 AM On a whim, PA Bear [MS MVP] pounded out on the
keyboard

> "What a long, strange trip it's been." Bye-bye, see ya!
> ~~
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

Last correction. No apostrophe in "its"... ;-) See ya!

Terry R.
Jeff Strickland

"Terry R." <F1Com@NOSPAMpobox.com> wrote in message
> On 6/30/2010 11:16 AM On a whim, PA Bear [MS MVP] pounded out on the
> keyboard
>

>> "What a long, strange trip it's been." Bye-bye, see ya!
>> ~~
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>>

> Last correction. No apostrophe in "its"... ;-) See ya!

"It's," is a contraction of it has, the apostrophe is proper.

Tecknomage

Re: Newsgroup is being closed - now what do I do?
On Wed, 30 Jun 2010 14:16:42 -0400, "PA Bear [MS MVP]"
<PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote:

> [Crosspost to IE General & Windows Update newsgroups]
>
> In its infinite, control-freak wisdom, MS has decided to drop IE General &
> Windows Update newsgroups on 01 July 2010; cf.
> http://www.microsoft.com/communities...s/default.mspx
>
> [Send your feedback to the black hole known as nntp@microsoft.com]
>
> If you need assistance with an IE problem, you can begin your own, new
> thread in this MS Answers forum:
> http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...plorer/threads
>
> If you need assistance with a Windows Update problem, you can begin your
> own, new thread in this MS Answers forum:
> http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...istawu/threads
>
> NB: Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; WinXP 64-bit
> SP2; Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) as well as your current
> IE version (e.g., IE6, IE7, IE8) in your first post.
>
> MS Answers forums FAQ
> http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/help
>
> "What a long, strange trip it's been." Bye-bye, see ya!
> ~~
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

I am replying to the post from Newsgroup:

Microsoft DOES NOT control the "microsoft.public." Newsgroups.

The only way these Newsgroups will go away is if EVERY Usenet provider
dropped them from their NNTP Server, which ain't going to happen.

Now it IS true that Microsoft can drop any Newsgroup is wants from
their www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/.

Also note Google Groups listing:
http://groups.google.com/groups/dir?...crosoft.public

--
======== Tecknomage ========
Computer Systems Spe******t

THREAD CLOSED! kkevpan815 microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 1 10-05-2009 19:15
IE 7 Shuts down when pop-up is closed Peter microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general 10 09-01-2008 23:48
Case Closed Paul Security News 0 01-25-2008 17:20
How to HIBERNATE when lid is closed? notaguru microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 5 09-14-2007 22:33