Farewell My Plonks

Leonard Grey

Farewell My Plonks
As the demise of this newsgroup draws closer, it's time for me to close
up the old killfile and release my remaining plonks. Enjoy, folks. I
won't have to worry about you in the forums.

Bennett Marco
Boater Dave
Cody Jarrett
Joe Buck
Kayman
mickeyhsd
Mickey Mouse
Mike Torello
Nate Grossman
Ronald Flagg
Swifty
Twayne
Unknown
VanguardLH
--
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est
Sy Kosis

Re: Farewell My Plonks
I believe VanguardLH should be at the top of your list. He is the ultimate
d**k.

: As the demise of this newsgroup draws closer, it's time for me to close
: up the old killfile and release my remaining plonks. Enjoy, folks. I
: won't have to worry about you in the forums.
:
: Bennett Marco
: Boater Dave
: Cody Jarrett
: Joe Buck
: Kayman
: mickeyhsd
: Mickey Mouse
: Mike Torello
: Nate Grossman
: Ronald Flagg
: Swifty
: Twayne
: Unknown
: VanguardLH
: --
: Leonard Grey
: Errare humanum est

VanguardLH

Re: Farewell My Plonks
Leonard Grey wrote:

> As the demise of this newsgroup draws closer, it's time for me to close
> up the old killfile and release my remaining plonks. Enjoy, folks. I
> won't have to worry about you in the forums.

> VanguardLH

Yay, I made his list. Of course, if I replied, this means I always got
the last word in any [sub]thread in which he participated. Haven't a
clue what his intent may be. You don't bother telling someone that you
killfiled them. You just do it and move on. It's actually quite
childish to announce that you're going to plonk someone. At a party, do
you actually go searching for someone in particular to tell them that
you aren't going to listen to them anymore? That act itself gives more
importance to the other party than to the one making the announcement.

I see he is still stuck using Microsoft's NNTP server and hasn't
bothered to move to another NNTP server where these newsgroups will
continue to survive (but without all the noise posts from knee-jerk
posting boobs with no initiative to research before asking while
providing no details for anyone to work with to suggest solutions).

Re: Farewell My Plonks
PCButtsH0LE will be insulted that you didn't mention him (or her, as the
case may be today).

Leonard Grey wrote:
> As the demise of this newsgroup draws closer, it's time for me to close
> up the old killfile and release my remaining plonks. Enjoy, folks. I
> won't have to worry about you in the forums.
>
> Bennett Marco
> Boater Dave
> Cody Jarrett
> Joe Buck
> Kayman
> mickeyhsd
> Mickey Mouse
> Mike Torello
> Nate Grossman
> Ronald Flagg
> Swifty
> Twayne
> Unknown
> VanguardLH

Gordon

Re: Farewell My Plonks

> PCButtsH0LE will be insulted that you didn't mention him (or her,

or it.......

Duane Hebert

Re: Farewell My Plonks
"VanguardLH" <V@nguard.LH> wrote in message news:i0dt4n$kbb$1@news.albasani.net...
> Yay, I made his list. Of course, if I replied, this means I always got
> the last word in any [sub]thread in which he participated. Haven't a
> clue what his intent may be. You don't bother telling someone that you
> killfiled them. You just do it and move on. It's actually quite
> childish to announce that you're going to plonk someone. At a party, do
> you actually go searching for someone in particular to tell them that
> you aren't going to listen to them anymore? That act itself gives more
> importance to the other party than to the one making the announcement.

Mostly just to rant, I think. But if enough people reply with <plonk> then
maybe the poster figures out that he's a twit. Especially if he's a MS MVP
and should have some idea of how not to p*ss people off.

> I see he is still stuck using Microsoft's NNTP server and hasn't
> bothered to move to another NNTP server where these newsgroups will
> continue to survive (but without all the noise posts from knee-jerk
> posting boobs with no initiative to research before asking while
> providing no details for anyone to work with to suggest solutions).

No wonder he plonked you. <g>
I also am assuming that these groups will be more useful once the
sort of people who actually like web forums are gone.
Lee Antony

Re: Farewell My Plonks
Well gosh my plonks list is 8 times the size of yours. I wonder what I have
been missing.

Despite their hugely annoying tendencies I have continued to read Twayne and
VanguardLH because of their entertainment value. Then there's poor old
Swifty who began by trying so hard and then contracted trollumonia. Earl
Grey enjoyed a good period until he became disillusioned. PA Bear went from
friendly uncle to grumpy old man.

So, goodbye to all that. Welcome to the grim reality of forums. I guess
there will be no way to revive the fragile gaiety of all these newsgroups.
It was nice reading you all.

> As the demise of this newsgroup draws closer, it's time for me to close up
> the old killfile and release my remaining plonks. Enjoy, folks. I won't
> have to worry about you in the forums.
>
> Bennett Marco
> Boater Dave
> Cody Jarrett