IE8 Favorites disappear

hstokar@stokar.com

IE8 Favorites disappear
Imported my favorites from XP machine to Win 7 machine. They import fines.
Whgen I close out IE8 and reopen the favorites additions are all gone.
Nothing in favorites.
Leonard Grey

Re: IE8 Favorites disappear
Did you migrate your Favorites by using the Import and Export Wizard in
both versions of Internet Explorer?

Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

On 6/28/2010 7:57 PM, hstokar@stokar.com wrote:
> Imported my favorites from XP machine to Win 7 machine. They import fines.
> Whgen I close out IE8 and reopen the favorites additions are all gone.
> Nothing in favorites.

Re: IE8 Favorites disappear
What Leonard said.

Also, did you change the location of Favorites on the Win7 box?

Reset UserShell folders to default via the Fix It in
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/886549

hstokar@stokar.com wrote:
> Imported my favorites from XP machine to Win 7 machine. They import
> fines.
> Whgen I close out IE8 and reopen the favorites additions are all gone.
> Nothing in favorites.

hstokar

Re: IE8 Favorites disappear
On Jun 29, 1:20*am, "PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABear...@gmail.com> wrote:
> What Leonard said.
>
> Also, did you change the location of Favorites on the Win7 box?
>
> Reset UserShell folders to default via the Fix It inhttp://support.microsoft.com/kb/886549
>

> hsto...@stokar.com wrote:
> > Imported my favorites from XP machine to Win 7 machine. *They import
> > fines.
> > Whgen I close out IE8 and reopen the favorites additions are all gone.
> > Nothing in favorites.- Hide quoted text -

I used import/export...and all worked fine. However when I close out
and reopen ie 8 the favorites (bookmark) is empty
hstokar

Re: IE8 Favorites disappear
On Jun 29, 1:20*am, "PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABear...@gmail.com> wrote:
> What Leonard said.
>
> Also, did you change the location of Favorites on the Win7 box?
>
> Reset UserShell folders to default via the Fix It inhttp://support.microsoft.com/kb/886549
>

> hsto...@stokar.com wrote:
> > Imported my favorites from XP machine to Win 7 machine. *They import
> > fines.
> > Whgen I close out IE8 and reopen the favorites additions are all gone.
> > Nothing in favorites.- Hide quoted text -

No. Did not change llocation. Used defaults
hstokar@stokar.com

Re: IE8 Favorites disappear
Ran that fix it - nada. I used import/export to transfer the files and put
all in default location. I import just fine but wne I close and reopen ie
Favorites is blank

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> What Leonard said.
>
> Also, did you change the location of Favorites on the Win7 box?
>
> Reset UserShell folders to default via the Fix It in
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/886549
>

> hstokar@stokar.com wrote:
> > Imported my favorites from XP machine to Win 7 machine. They import
> > fines.
> > Whgen I close out IE8 and reopen the favorites additions are all gone.
> > Nothing in favorites.

> .

Leonard Grey

Re: IE8 Favorites disappear
In that case, there's more to your problem than you're saying. The
Import and Export Wizard has been part of Internet Explorer almost from
the beginning, and it works.

Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

On 6/29/2010 11:01 AM, hstokar@stokar.com wrote:
> Ran that fix it - nada. I used import/export to transfer the files and put
> all in default location. I import just fine but wne I close and reopen ie
> Favorites is blank
>

> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> What Leonard said.
>>
>> Also, did you change the location of Favorites on the Win7 box?
>>
>> Reset UserShell folders to default via the Fix It in
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/886549
>>

>> hstokar@stokar.com wrote:
>>> Imported my favorites from XP machine to Win 7 machine. They import
>>> fines.
>>> Whgen I close out IE8 and reopen the favorites additions are all gone.
>>> Nothing in favorites.

>> .

Don Varnau

Re: IE8 Favorites disappear
Hi,
Are you allowing the Live Toolbar to sync your Favorites with a skydrive
account?
-
Don
[MS MVP- IE]