Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

how to use bat file to open serveral html files wiht one instance of ie8

microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 06-28-2010
GS
 

Posts: n/a
how to use bat file to open serveral html files wiht one instance of ie8
when I tried on ie8 with bat file like
"<<i8dir>>iexplore" h1.html
"<<i8dir>>iexplore" h2.html
"<<i8dir>>iexplore" h3.html

they all opened in one single tab not in multiple tabs
what is the correct way to do this.

I am getting tired of manually opening a number of test html files for my
app development and test


Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 06-28-2010
PA Bear [MS MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: how to use bat file to open serveral html files wiht one instance of ie8
Developer-specific resources include:

MSDN IE Development Forum (post such questions here instead)
http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/For...opment/threads

Tip: When posting in Developer forums, always include a link to your web
site or test pages in your first post.

IE Developer Center
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/default.aspx

Learn IE8
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/aa740473.aspx


GS wrote:
> when I tried on ie8 with bat file like
> "<<i8dir>>iexplore" h1.html
> "<<i8dir>>iexplore" h2.html
> "<<i8dir>>iexplore" h3.html
>
> they all opened in one single tab not in multiple tabs
> what is the correct way to do this.
>
> I am getting tired of manually opening a number of test html files for my
> app development and test


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 06-28-2010
Rob
 

Posts: n/a
Re: how to use bat file to open serveral html files wiht oneinstance of ie8
PA Bear [MS MVP] <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote:
> Developer-specific resources include:
>
> MSDN IE Development Forum (post such questions here instead)
> http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/For...opment/threads


Tip: When sending someone away to another place, make sure it actually
does exist.

> Tip: When posting in Developer forums, always include a link to your web
> site or test pages in your first post.


Tip: when pasting a canned reply, make sure it is relevant to the question.

> IE Developer Center
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/default.aspx
>
> Learn IE8
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/aa740473.aspx
>
>
> GS wrote:
>> when I tried on ie8 with bat file like
>> "<<i8dir>>iexplore" h1.html
>> "<<i8dir>>iexplore" h2.html
>> "<<i8dir>>iexplore" h3.html
>>
>> they all opened in one single tab not in multiple tabs
>> what is the correct way to do this.
>>
>> I am getting tired of manually opening a number of test html files for my
>> app development and test

>

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 06-28-2010
GS
 

Posts: n/a
Re: how to use bat file to open serveral html files wiht one instance of ie8
found out I can use vbs script.


Dim ie
set ie = CreateObject("InternetExplorer.Application") 'InternetExplorer

ie.navigate(file1.html)
ie.navigate( file2.html, 2048)
....

the key to new tab is the extra argument value 2048.

now it's a cinch
as for bat file, I could not and have not found a way


"PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:eVI$eVvFLHA.6120@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> Developer-specific resources include:
>
> MSDN IE Development Forum (post such questions here instead)
> http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/For...opment/threads
>
> Tip: When posting in Developer forums, always include a link to your web
> site or test pages in your first post.
>
> IE Developer Center
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/default.aspx
>
> Learn IE8
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/aa740473.aspx
>
>
> GS wrote:
> > when I tried on ie8 with bat file like
> > "<<i8dir>>iexplore" h1.html
> > "<<i8dir>>iexplore" h2.html
> > "<<i8dir>>iexplore" h3.html
> >
> > they all opened in one single tab not in multiple tabs
> > what is the correct way to do this.
> >
> > I am getting tired of manually opening a number of test html files for

my
> > app development and test

>



Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 06-28-2010
PA Bear [MS MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: how to use bat file to open serveral html files wiht one instance of ie8
We shall alert the media.

GS wrote:
> found out I can use vbs script.
>
>
> Dim ie
> set ie = CreateObject("InternetExplorer.Application") 'InternetExplorer
>
> ie.navigate(file1.html)
> ie.navigate( file2.html, 2048)
> ...
>
> the key to new tab is the extra argument value 2048.
>
> now it's a cinch
> as for bat file, I could not and have not found a way
>
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:eVI$eVvFLHA.6120@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>> Developer-specific resources include:
>>
>> MSDN IE Development Forum (post such questions here instead)
>> http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/For...opment/threads
>>
>> Tip: When posting in Developer forums, always include a link to your web
>> site or test pages in your first post.
>>
>> IE Developer Center
>> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/default.aspx
>>
>> Learn IE8
>> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/aa740473.aspx
>>
>>
>> GS wrote:
>>> when I tried on ie8 with bat file like
>>> "<<i8dir>>iexplore" h1.html
>>> "<<i8dir>>iexplore" h2.html
>>> "<<i8dir>>iexplore" h3.html
>>>
>>> they all opened in one single tab not in multiple tabs
>>> what is the correct way to do this.
>>>
>>> I am getting tired of manually opening a number of test html files for
>>> my
>>> app development and test


Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 06-29-2010
Robert Aldwinckle
 

Posts: n/a
Re: how to use bat file to open serveral html files wiht one instance of ie8


"GS" <gsmsnews.microsoft.comGS@msnews.Nomail.com> wrote in message
news:uKji0BvFLHA.1316@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> when I tried on ie8 with bat file like
> "<<i8dir>>iexplore" h1.html
> "<<i8dir>>iexplore" h2.html
> "<<i8dir>>iexplore" h3.html
>
> they all opened in one single tab not in multiple tabs
> what is the correct way to do this.



If you made those Favorites (pointed to by .url files) you could try this
(e.g. from the directory where you kept them):

for %u in (*.URL) do "%u"


>
> I am getting tired of manually opening a number of test html files for my
> app development and test



I have been meaning to figure out how to use PowerShell instead of a cmd
window. ; )


Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
---


Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 06-29-2010
Jeff Strickland
 

Posts: n/a
Re: how to use bat file to open serveral html files wiht one instance of ie8

"GS" <gsmsnews.microsoft.comGS@msnews.Nomail.com> wrote in message
news:OEpOyKwFLHA.5700@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> found out I can use vbs script.
>
>
> Dim ie
> set ie = CreateObject("InternetExplorer.Application") 'InternetExplorer
>
> ie.navigate(file1.html)
> ie.navigate( file2.html, 2048)
> ...


Do you simply add 1024 to the 2048 to make new tabs for additional files?

2048 for a tab, 3072 for the next, 4096 for the next, and so on?







Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 06-29-2010
GS
 

Posts: n/a
Re: how to use bat file to open serveral html files wiht one instance of ie8
thx
what is difference of using url instead of
"<<ie8dir>>\iexplorer" f1.html
cd /d d:\mytestDataFolder
for %i in (test*.html) do %i


Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 06-29-2010
GS
 

Posts: n/a
Re: how to use bat file to open serveral html files whht one instance of ie8
no, 2048 means use a new tab for the navigate instead of using the currently
active tab when you don't specify the 2nd argument

Note the vbscript will stop the moment it navigates to a file or site with
disallowed script/activeX even if you have the ignore all
On Error Resume Next

"Jeff Strickland" <crwlrjeff@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:i0bnu5$sln$1@news.eternal-september.org...
>
> "GS" <gsmsnews.microsoft.comGS@msnews.Nomail.com> wrote in message
> news:OEpOyKwFLHA.5700@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> > found out I can use vbs script.
> >
> >
> > Dim ie
> > set ie = CreateObject("InternetExplorer.Application") 'InternetExplorer
> >
> > ie.navigate(file1.html)
> > ie.navigate( file2.html, 2048)
> > ...

>
> Do you simply add 1024 to the 2048 to make new tabs for additional files?
>
> 2048 for a tab, 3072 for the next, 4096 for the next, and so on?
>
>
>
>
>
>
>



Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 06-29-2010
Robert Aldwinckle
 

Posts: n/a
Re: how to use bat file to open serveral html files wiht one instance of ie8


"GS" <gsmsnews.microsoft.comGS@msnews.Nomail.com> wrote in message
news:uAZx9xzFLHA.1484@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> thx


> what is difference of using url instead of
> "<<ie8dir>>\iexplorer" f1.html
> cd /d d:\mytestDataFolder
> for %i in (test*.html) do %i



I don't know. Does it do what you want too?...

<cmd_output OS="W7 X64">

C:\>assoc .html
..html=htmlfile

C:\>ftype htmlfile
htmlfile="C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE" -nohome

C:\>assoc .url
..url=InternetShortcut

C:\>ftype InternetShortcut
InternetShortcut="C:\Windows\System32\rundll32.exe "
"C:\Windows\System32\ieframe.dll",OpenURL %l

</cmd_output>

E.g., you might have to find the right combination of options to make sure
that you didn't open multiple windows, even if they were being started under
the same base iexplore.exe task. FWIW the one I suggested works for me but
for all I know that may only be because of my popup options or something.


Robert
---

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
any way to open multi html fiels in differen ie7 tabs from batch file? GS microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general 2 04-19-2010 17:34
How to open an html file with data in it? Jungleyes microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 7 12-09-2009 14:55
Opening multiple Excel files from IE browser does not open in new instance of Excel - BUG? Troy Munford microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general 2 11-11-2009 18:13
RE: IE7 won't open local html files abnm microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general 1 06-06-2009 11:53
how to get permission for Shell.Application in JScript in local files (file://...html)? Jeff microsoft.public.windows.vista.security 1 02-23-2009 21:45




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:29.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120