Internet explorer icon accidentally deleted

sandyj

Internet explorer icon accidentally deleted
I have windowsXP service pack 3
internet explorer 8
all updates.

I inadvertently deleted IE from the desktop and would like to get it back.
I know there is a website with a list of fixes that can help me get it back
but I can't recall the URL.
Can someone help me?
Sandy

Alan Edwards

Re: Internet explorer icon accidentally deleted
See if this helps:
http://support.microsoft.com/default...b/945402/en-us
"The Internet Explorer icon is missing from your desktop".

....Alan
http://dts-l.com/index.htm

On Sun, 27 Jun 2010 22:49:48 -0400, in
microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general, "sandyj" <sandy@nospam.com>
wrote:

>I have windowsXP service pack 3
>internet explorer 8
>all updates.
>
>I inadvertently deleted IE from the desktop and would like to get it back.
>I know there is a website with a list of fixes that can help me get it back
>but I can't recall the URL.
>Can someone help me?
>Sandy

Fuzz

On 6/27/2010 10:49 PM, sandyj wrote:
> I have windowsXP service pack 3
> internet explorer 8
> all updates.
>
> I inadvertently deleted IE from the desktop and would like to get it back.
> I know there is a website with a list of fixes that can help me get it back
> but I can't recall the URL.
> Can someone help me?
> Sandy

Start, My Computer, Local Drive C:, Internet Explorer folder, right
click on the iexplorer icon, Send To, Desktop (Create Shortcut).
Internet Explorer shortcut should now be back on your desktop.
sandyj

Re: Internet explorer icon accidentally deleted
Thanks Alan,
It was the 'special icon' I wanted and was able to get it back with your
help..
:-)
Sandy

wrote:

>I have windowsXP service pack 3
>internet explorer 8
>all updates.
>
>I inadvertently deleted IE from the desktop and would like to get it back.
>I know there is a website with a list of fixes that can help me get it back
>but I can't recall the URL.
>Can someone help me?
>Sandy

sandyj

Re: Internet explorer icon accidentally deleted
Thanks Fuzz,
I was able to get it from Alan's information.
But I do appreciate your help.
Sandy