Unsigned Certs - Redirect Problem (res://ieframe.dll/)

Maik Linnemann

Unsigned Certs - Redirect Problem (res://ieframe.dll/)
Hi,

i reviewed your prior posting...Did you do a test by setting up res://ieframe.dll/ into a zone that has active scripting allowed? As standard only special combinations are allowed to add into IE security zones, like placeholders * or http, ftp, file....
consequential it could be: *.//ieframe.dll but that doesnt solve the problem....

Has anyone successfully implemented res://ieframe.dll/ into a security zone and solved the problem?

thanks

Ren wrote:

Unsigned Certs - Redirect Problem (res://ieframe.dll/)
17-Nov-06

Hello Guys,

I want to report a bug or a little misconfigured thingy about Internet
Explorer 7.

When opening an site that has an unsigned ssl certificate. IE7 shows this
content:
**
There is a problem with this website's security certificate.
We recommend that you close this webpage and do not continue to this
website.
Click here to close this webpage.
Continue to this website (not recommended).
**
Then when clicking on "Continue to this website" the site is redirected too
res://ieframe.dll/ and displays the page:

"Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage"

This is an security setting issue of Active Scripting to be disabled. By
default (atleast in our environment) res://ieframe.dll/ (about:internet)
isn't in any of the Security Zones defined, so it is handled by the Internet
zone. And by default active scripting for that zone is disabled and ie7
doesn't continue to go to the website.

When enabling Active Scripting for the internet zone it will work. But that
is offcorse not what we wanted, so an solution will be to define
res://ieframe.dll/ (about:internet) in an zone where active scripting is
enabled. That can be either Local Intranet or Trusted Sites.

For all the fellow sysadmins this problem was giving headaches , i hope you
now found a solution with the above.

For the M$ guys is this not something we want to define by default????

Greetz,

--
RENi - HR

click "I Agree" in the message pane.

On Friday, November 17, 2006 8:12 AM
Ren wrote:

[...]

Parallel Programming in C# 4.0: A Short Synopsis
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...-synopsis.aspx