IE8 loads mobile http://mobile.parade.com

Earlt

IE8 loads mobile http://mobile.parade.com
with the following URL typed in HTTP://www.parade.com it loads
HTTP://mobile.parade.com. This occurs on 2 of the machines that I work with
daily, 1 is Vista Home Preimum x86 SP2 and the other is WIN 7 Enterprise. I
only see this on this one site all other load as expected. I have reset IE8
and it did not rsolve the problem.
--
EarlT
rob^_^

Re: IE8 loads mobile http://mobile.parade.com
Hi Earl,

You have some software installed on your computer that is putting the
letters 'pda' in your browsers User Agent String.

A User Agent String is a description of the web browser you are using that
is sent to the web site you are visiting to allow it to determine what to
do.

Some sites incorrectly look for the letters 'pda' in UserAgent strings to
identify Mobile or Personal Data Assistants (PDA) web browsers.

Go to http://www.enhanceie.com/ua.aspx to test your brower's UAS. Look for
the string of 'pda' characters in yours or copy and paste your UAS back here
and we (may) be able to identify what program has placed it there and how to
remove it.

At the bottom of that page you will find instructions on how to repair your
UserAgent string.

Regards.

"Earlt" <Earlt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> with the following URL typed in HTTP://www.parade.com it loads
> HTTP://mobile.parade.com. This occurs on 2 of the machines that I work
> with
> daily, 1 is Vista Home Preimum x86 SP2 and the other is WIN 7 Enterprise.
> only see this on this one site all other load as expected. I have reset
> IE8
> and it did not rsolve the problem.
> --
> EarlT

Dan

Re: IE8 loads mobile http://mobile.parade.com
Creative Update strikes again

A distinct lack of foresight in the browser detection scripts assuming that
"pda" anywhere in the string means a portable device

Dan

> Hi Earl,
>
> You have some software installed on your computer that is putting the
> letters 'pda' in your browsers User Agent String.
>
> A User Agent String is a description of the web browser you are using that
> is sent to the web site you are visiting to allow it to determine what to
> do.
>
> Some sites incorrectly look for the letters 'pda' in UserAgent strings to
> identify Mobile or Personal Data Assistants (PDA) web browsers.
>
> Go to http://www.enhanceie.com/ua.aspx to test your brower's UAS. Look for
> the string of 'pda' characters in yours or copy and paste your UAS back
> here and we (may) be able to identify what program has placed it there and
> how to remove it.
>
> At the bottom of that page you will find instructions on how to repair
> your UserAgent string.
>
> Regards.
>
> "Earlt" <Earlt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> with the following URL typed in HTTP://www.parade.com it loads
>> HTTP://mobile.parade.com. This occurs on 2 of the machines that I work
>> with
>> daily, 1 is Vista Home Preimum x86 SP2 and the other is WIN 7 Enterprise.
>> only see this on this one site all other load as expected. I have reset
>> IE8
>> and it did not rsolve the problem.
>> --
>> EarlT

Earlt

Re: IE8 loads mobile http://mobile.parade.com
Here is the UserAgent String

Your browser sent the following headers:
Connection: Keep-AliveContent-Length: 0Accept: */*Accept-Encoding: gzip,
deflateAccept-Language: en-usHost: www.enhanceie.comReferer:
http://www.microsoft.com/communities...=usUser-Agent:
Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.0; Trident/4.0; GTB6.4;
SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; .NET CLR 3.5.21022; .NET CLR
1.1.4322; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Zune 4.0;
OfficeLiveConnector.1.5; OfficeLivePatch.1.3; .NET4.0C;
BO1IE8_v1;ENUS)X-Original-URL: /ua.aspx

I do not see "PDA" listed maybe something else
--
EarlT

"Dan" wrote:

> Creative Update strikes again
>
> A distinct lack of foresight in the browser detection scripts assuming that
> "pda" anywhere in the string means a portable device
>
> Dan
>

> "rob^_^" <iecustomizer@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hi Earl,
> >
> > You have some software installed on your computer that is putting the
> > letters 'pda' in your browsers User Agent String.
> >
> > A User Agent String is a description of the web browser you are using that
> > is sent to the web site you are visiting to allow it to determine what to
> > do.
> >
> > Some sites incorrectly look for the letters 'pda' in UserAgent strings to
> > identify Mobile or Personal Data Assistants (PDA) web browsers.
> >
> > Go to http://www.enhanceie.com/ua.aspx to test your brower's UAS. Look for
> > the string of 'pda' characters in yours or copy and paste your UAS back
> > here and we (may) be able to identify what program has placed it there and
> > how to remove it.
> >
> > At the bottom of that page you will find instructions on how to repair
> > your UserAgent string.
> >
> > Regards.
> >
> > "Earlt" <Earlt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> with the following URL typed in HTTP://www.parade.com it loads
> >> HTTP://mobile.parade.com. This occurs on 2 of the machines that I work
> >> with
> >> daily, 1 is Vista Home Preimum x86 SP2 and the other is WIN 7 Enterprise.
> >> only see this on this one site all other load as expected. I have reset
> >> IE8
> >> and it did not rsolve the problem.
> >> --
> >> EarlT
> >>

> .

rob^_^

Re: IE8 loads mobile http://mobile.parade.com
Hi Earl,

Your UserAgent string is "overly long" (greater than 200 characters in
length - 280 characters). This may also cause web sites to incorrectly
identify which web browser you are using.

at http://www.enhanceie.com/ua.aspx

It should tell you this and at the bottom of the page there are instructions
on how to remove unneeded entries from your Registry that may reduce its
length.

Your Google toolbar is also out of date... the latest version is 6.5 which
you can upgrade from toolbar.google.com

This part BO1IE8_v1;ENUS, is malformed and I could not identify(from a web
search) what program it is coming from... It looks like an IE BHO (Browser
Helper Object). Do you know what IE Addon it is for? (Tools>Manage Addons -
Sort by Type (Browser Helper Objects)). A web search produces a lot of
results, so it is in common use and possibly could be a cause of a lot of IE
issues.

Please Post back if you can identify it, otherwise follow the instructions
at enhanceie to reduce your IE userAgent length. You may, after fixing your
UAS have to uninstall some of your IE Addons (this BO1IE8 most probably)
otherwise these Addons may put their entries back in the registry and
corrupt your UAS again.

Sorry for the complexity, but this is something that you have to do on your
own machine... there is no magic fix.

> Here is the UserAgent String
>
> Your browser sent the following headers:
> Connection: Keep-AliveContent-Length: 0Accept: */*Accept-Encoding: gzip,
> deflateAccept-Language: en-usHost: www.enhanceie.comReferer:
> http://www.microsoft.com/communities...=usUser-Agent:
> Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.0; Trident/4.0; GTB6.4;
> SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; .NET CLR 3.5.21022; .NET
> CLR
> 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Zune 4.0;
> OfficeLiveConnector.1.5; OfficeLivePatch.1.3; .NET4.0C;
> BO1IE8_v1;ENUS)X-Original-URL: /ua.aspx
>
> I do not see "PDA" listed maybe something else
> --
> EarlT
>

> "Dan" wrote:
>
>> Creative Update strikes again
>>
>> A distinct lack of foresight in the browser detection scripts assuming
>> that
>> "pda" anywhere in the string means a portable device
>>
>> Dan
>>

>> "rob^_^" <iecustomizer@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi Earl,
>> >
>> > You have some software installed on your computer that is putting the
>> > letters 'pda' in your browsers User Agent String.
>> >
>> > A User Agent String is a description of the web browser you are using
>> > that
>> > is sent to the web site you are visiting to allow it to determine what
>> > do.
>> >
>> > Some sites incorrectly look for the letters 'pda' in UserAgent strings
>> > identify Mobile or Personal Data Assistants (PDA) web browsers.
>> >
>> > Go to http://www.enhanceie.com/ua.aspx to test your brower's UAS. Look
>> > for
>> > the string of 'pda' characters in yours or copy and paste your UAS back
>> > here and we (may) be able to identify what program has placed it there
>> > and
>> > how to remove it.
>> >
>> > At the bottom of that page you will find instructions on how to repair
>> > your UserAgent string.
>> >
>> > Regards.
>> >
>> > "Earlt" <Earlt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >>

>> .

rob^_^

Re: IE8 loads mobile http://mobile.parade.com
Hi,

Here is a relevant Thread from Answers.

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...a-d09ca9c8bc68

"Earlt" <Earlt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Here is the UserAgent String
>
> Your browser sent the following headers:
> Connection: Keep-AliveContent-Length: 0Accept: */*Accept-Encoding: gzip,
> deflateAccept-Language: en-usHost: www.enhanceie.comReferer:
> http://www.microsoft.com/communities...=usUser-Agent:
> Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.0; Trident/4.0; GTB6.4;
> SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; .NET CLR 3.5.21022; .NET
> CLR
> 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Zune 4.0;
> OfficeLiveConnector.1.5; OfficeLivePatch.1.3; .NET4.0C;
> BO1IE8_v1;ENUS)X-Original-URL: /ua.aspx
>
> I do not see "PDA" listed maybe something else
> --
> EarlT
>

> "Dan" wrote:
>
>> Creative Update strikes again
>>
>> A distinct lack of foresight in the browser detection scripts assuming
>> that
>> "pda" anywhere in the string means a portable device
>>
>> Dan
>>

>> "rob^_^" <iecustomizer@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi Earl,
>> >
>> > You have some software installed on your computer that is putting the
>> > letters 'pda' in your browsers User Agent String.
>> >
>> > A User Agent String is a description of the web browser you are using
>> > that
>> > is sent to the web site you are visiting to allow it to determine what
>> > do.
>> >
>> > Some sites incorrectly look for the letters 'pda' in UserAgent strings
>> > identify Mobile or Personal Data Assistants (PDA) web browsers.
>> >
>> > Go to http://www.enhanceie.com/ua.aspx to test your brower's UAS. Look
>> > for
>> > the string of 'pda' characters in yours or copy and paste your UAS back
>> > here and we (may) be able to identify what program has placed it there
>> > and
>> > how to remove it.
>> >
>> > At the bottom of that page you will find instructions on how to repair
>> > your UserAgent string.
>> >
>> > Regards.
>> >
>> > "Earlt" <Earlt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >>

>> .

Rob

Re: IE8 loads mobile http://mobile.parade.com
rob^_^ <iecustomizer@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry for the complexity, but this is something that you have to do on your
> own machine... there is no magic fix.

Isn't the magic fix to just cut out all that crap from the browser
string? It does not serve any useful purpose other than advertisement.

Just use something like:

Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Win32; Trident/4.0)

That will work just fine.
Robert Aldwinckle

Re: IE8 loads mobile http://mobile.parade.com

"Earlt" <Earlt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Here is the UserAgent String

> Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.0; Trident/4.0; GTB6.4;
> SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; .NET CLR 3.5.21022; .NET
> CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Zune 4.0;
> OfficeLiveConnector.1.5; OfficeLivePatch.1.3; .NET4.0C; BO1IE8_v1;ENUS)

> I do not see "PDA" listed maybe something else

Zune would be my guess...

UAPick confirms that. (Using the identical UAS without Zune and pressing
Ctrl-F5 while on the following page.)

BTW it doesn't look like they often provide support for their site but they
might be interested in hearing about your symptom nevertheless:

http://www.parade.com/faq/faq.html#faq

---

Earlt

Re: IE8 loads mobile http://mobile.parade.com
I have done 2 thing so far I have shortened the User Agent String and
finally removed Zune 4.0 and here is the resulting User Agent String
Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.0; Trident/4.0; GTB6.4;
SLCC1; Media Center PC 5.0; .NET CLR 3.5.21022; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR
3.0.30729; .NET4.0C)
and now www.Parade.com loads correctly. Thanks to everyone for their help
--
EarlT

"Robert Aldwinckle" wrote:

> "Earlt" <Earlt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Here is the UserAgent String

> > Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.0; Trident/4.0; GTB6.4;
> > SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; .NET CLR 3.5.21022; .NET
> > CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Zune 4.0;
> > OfficeLiveConnector.1.5; OfficeLivePatch.1.3; .NET4.0C; BO1IE8_v1;ENUS)

> > I do not see "PDA" listed maybe something else

> Zune would be my guess...
>
> UAPick confirms that. (Using the identical UAS without Zune and pressing
> Ctrl-F5 while on the following page.)
>
> BTW it doesn't look like they often provide support for their site but they
> might be interested in hearing about your symptom nevertheless:
>
> http://www.parade.com/faq/faq.html#faq
>

> ---
>
> .

rob^_^

Re: IE8 loads mobile http://mobile.parade.com
I'm not sure Rob. My assumption is to do so at your own risk. Some of the
..net and office tokens may be required at some sites.

I haven't seen any MS documentation advocating a complete removal of all UAS
tokens. Even the IE9 PP retains the exogenous tokens.

Regards.