Animated Advertisements

Jack

Animated Advertisements
using Vista Home Premium and IE8

I am not using any ad blockers, filtering or anything else that would block

Example: when I go to a web page, there is a square box where the animation
should be. The box is blank, except for the word advertisement in it.

If I use firefox without an ad blocker, it shows the animation that is
missing
when I use IE8.

Does anyone have an idea why this is happening.

Leonard Grey

Re: Animated Advertisements
In Internet Options > Advanced tab > under Multimedia > put a check mark
in 'Play animations in web pages'

If that doesn't solve the problem, check your security software
settings. Too many of those animated ads are really malware.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Jack wrote:
> using Vista Home Premium and IE8
>
> I am not using any ad blockers, filtering or anything else that would
> block ads.
>
> Example: when I go to a web page, there is a square box where the animation
> should be. The box is blank, except for the word advertisement in it.
>
> If I use firefox without an ad blocker, it shows the animation that is
> missing
> when I use IE8.
>
> Does anyone have an idea why this is happening.

Jack

Re: Animated Advertisements
Leonard,
Already a check mark to play animations. Using MSE and vista FW.
turned off both and it still failed. Going to check adobe flash next.

Thanks for your feedback.

> In Internet Options > Advanced tab > under Multimedia > put a check mark
> in 'Play animations in web pages'
>
> If that doesn't solve the problem, check your security software settings.
> Too many of those animated ads are really malware.
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare humanum est
>
> Jack wrote:
>> using Vista Home Premium and IE8
>>
>> I am not using any ad blockers, filtering or anything else that would
>> block ads.
>>
>> Example: when I go to a web page, there is a square box where the
>> animation
>> should be. The box is blank, except for the word advertisement in it.
>>
>> If I use firefox without an ad blocker, it shows the animation that is
>> missing
>> when I use IE8.
>>
>> Does anyone have an idea why this is happening.

Re: Animated Advertisements
Is Vista SP1 or SP2 installed?

What third-party firewall (if any)?

it)?

Jack wrote:
> using Vista Home Premium and IE8
>
> I am not using any ad blockers, filtering or anything else that would
> block
>
> Example: when I go to a web page, there is a square box where the
> animation
> should be. The box is blank, except for the word advertisement in it.
>
> If I use firefox without an ad blocker, it shows the animation that is
> missing
> when I use IE8.
>
> Does anyone have an idea why this is happening.

Jack

Re: Animated Advertisements
using microsoft security essentials, prevx, vista firewall along with
firewall control and also spyware blaster. I am not blocking anything
with spyware blaster(flash killer is not checked).

Have used Norton & Mcafee in the past, but they were uninstalled
using the uninstalls from norton and mcafee.

> Is Vista SP1 or SP2 installed?

> Defender)? What third-party firewall (if any)?

> computer (e.g., a free-trial version that came preinstalled when you
> bought it)?
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>

> Jack wrote:
>> using Vista Home Premium and IE8
>>
>> I am not using any ad blockers, filtering or anything else that would
>> block
>>
>> Example: when I go to a web page, there is a square box where the
>> animation
>> should be. The box is blank, except for the word advertisement in it.
>>
>> If I use firefox without an ad blocker, it shows the animation that is
>> missing
>> when I use IE8.
>>
>> Does anyone have an idea why this is happening.

Donald Anadell

"Jack" <jack@discussions.com> wrote in message
> using microsoft security essentials, prevx, vista firewall along with
> firewall control and also spyware blaster. I am not blocking anything
> with spyware blaster(flash killer is not checked).

Are you using a third party HOST file?

You might also post a link to a site where you encounter this situation.

Good luck,

Donald Anadell

> Have used Norton & Mcafee in the past, but they were uninstalled
> using the uninstalls from norton and mcafee.

>> Is Vista SP1 or SP2 installed?

>> bought it)?
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>>

>> Jack wrote:
>>> using Vista Home Premium and IE8
>>>
>>> I am not using any ad blockers, filtering or anything else that would
>>> block
>>>
>>> Example: when I go to a web page, there is a square box where the
>>> animation
>>> should be. The box is blank, except for the word advertisement in it.
>>>
>>> If I use firefox without an ad blocker, it shows the animation that is
>>> missing
>>> when I use IE8.
>>>
>>> Does anyone have an idea why this is happening.

Jack

Re: Animated Advertisements
Hi Donald,

Not using a hosts file. The link is to the Baltimore Sun Newspaper.
The advertisement not showing is right above a block called the
day in pictures. www.baltimoresun.com

> Hi Donald,
>
> Not using a hosts file. The link is to the Baltimore Sun Newspaper.
> The advertisement not showing is right above a block called the
> day in pictures. www.baltimoresun.com

That Advertisement is being served up by "ad.doubleclick.net", there's
nothing wrong with your browser. I'm seeing the same thing as you are in
all versions of IE and Firefox. Contact the Baltimore Sun about the issue
if you are bent on actually seeing the advertisement on that page.

Good luck,

Donald Anadell

\

> "Donald Anadell" <danadell@nospamersmikrotec.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Jack" <jack@discussions.com> wrote in message
>>> using microsoft security essentials, prevx, vista firewall along with
>>> firewall control and also spyware blaster. I am not blocking anything
>>> with spyware blaster(flash killer is not checked).

>> Are you using a third party HOST file?
>>
>> You might also post a link to a site where you encounter this situation.
>>
>> Good luck,
>>
>> Donald Anadell
>>

>>> Have used Norton & Mcafee in the past, but they were uninstalled
>>> using the uninstalls from norton and mcafee.

Jack

Re: Animated Advertisements
Donald, thanks for your quick response. I guess I'll just ignore it.
Was just trying to figure out why I could see the ad in FF and not IE.

Thanks again

> "Jack" <jack@discussions.com> wrote in message
>> Hi Donald,
>>
>> Not using a hosts file. The link is to the Baltimore Sun Newspaper.
>> The advertisement not showing is right above a block called the
>> day in pictures. www.baltimoresun.com

> That Advertisement is being served up by "ad.doubleclick.net", there's
> nothing wrong with your browser. I'm seeing the same thing as you are in
> all versions of IE and Firefox. Contact the Baltimore Sun about the issue
> if you are bent on actually seeing the advertisement on that page.
>
> Good luck,
>
> Donald Anadell
>
> \
>>

>> "Donald Anadell" <danadell@nospamersmikrotec.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Jack" <jack@discussions.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> Are you using a third party HOST file?
>>>
>>> You might also post a link to a site where you encounter this situation.
>>>
>>> Good luck,
>>>
>>> Donald Anadell

Re: Animated Advertisements
I think you'll find the ads will display after temporarily disabling all
SpywareBlaster Protections, Jack.