IE does not connect, but Outlook, Firefox and Google Chrome work f

Skytigger

IE does not connect, but Outlook, Firefox and Google Chrome work f
I am at a loss to find a solution to this problem. I cannot get online with
IE7 or IE8. Firefox works fine along with most other programs that require
internet access. I have tried uninstalling IE, using a different version,
deleting all add-ons and cookies, resetting default settings. I've scanned
the computer using a couple different virus scanners and scanned using the
Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool. Nothing has worked.

Any suggestions?

Re: IE does not connect, but Outlook, Firefox and Google Chrome work f
• Which version of the Windows operating system am I running?
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...m-am-i-running

• Is my PC running the 32-bit or 64-bit version of Windows?
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...t-32-or-64-bit

Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2) as well as your current IE version (e.g., IE6,
IE7, IE8) when posting in an IE-specific forum or newsgroup. Please do so in
your next reply.

What third-party firewall (if any)?

Has a(nother) Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on this
it)?

Skytigger wrote:
> I am at a loss to find a solution to this problem. I cannot get online
> with
> IE7 or IE8. Firefox works fine along with most other programs that
> require
> internet access. I have tried uninstalling IE, using a different version,
> deleting all add-ons and cookies, resetting default settings. I've
> scanned
> the computer using a couple different virus scanners and scanned using the
> Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool. Nothing has worked.
>
> Any suggestions?

Michel Doucet

Re: IE does not connect, but Outlook, Firefox and Google Chromework f
Bonjour/soir, le Wed, 23 Jun 2010 13:23:34 -0400, *PA Bear [MS MVP]* a
caressé son clavier pour nous dire dans le message suivant:

> • Which version of the Windows operating system am I running?
> http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...ch-version-of-

the-windows-operating-system-am-i-running

> • Is my PC running the 32-bit or 64-bit version of Windows?
> http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...t-32-or-64-bit
>
> Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; WinXP 64-bit
> SP2; Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2) as well as your current IE version
> (e.g., IE6, IE7, IE8) when posting in an IE-specific forum or newsgroup.
> Please do so in your next reply.

> Defender)? What third-party firewall (if any)?
>
> Has a(nother) Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on this
> machine (e.g., a free-trial version that came preinstalled when you
> bought it)?

.... and an answer to the question is ?

--
Utiliser le butineur, le courriéleur, le lecteur de nouvelles
et le SE avec lesquels vous vous sentez le plus sécurisé ...
Stan McChrystal

Re: IE does not connect, but Outlook, Firefox and Google Chrome work f

: ... and an answer to the question is ?
:
Hey, HoopleHead, if you have the answer, give it. Based upon the
non-information from the OP. Otherwise, go back into your hole.

Leonard Grey

Re: IE does not connect, but Outlook, Firefox and Google Chromework f
Is Michel still around? I thought he went back his Tron games.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Michel Doucet wrote:
> Bonjour/soir, le Wed, 23 Jun 2010 13:23:34 -0400, *PA Bear [MS MVP]* a
> caressé son clavier pour nous dire dans le message suivant:
>
>> • Which version of the Windows operating system am I running?
>> http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...ch-version-of-

> the-windows-operating-system-am-i-running
>> • Is my PC running the 32-bit or 64-bit version of Windows?
>> http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...t-32-or-64-bit
>>
>> Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; WinXP 64-bit
>> SP2; Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2) as well as your current IE version
>> (e.g., IE6, IE7, IE8) when posting in an IE-specific forum or newsgroup.
>> Please do so in your next reply.

>> Has a(nother) Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on this
>> bought it)?

> ... and an answer to the question is ?

Michel Doucet

Re: IE does not connect, but Outlook, Firefox and Google Chromework f
Bonjour/soir, le Wed, 23 Jun 2010 14:58:17 -0400, *Leonard Grey* a caressé
son clavier pour nous dire dans le message suivant:

> Is Michel still around? I thought he went back his Tron games. ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare humanum est

ROFL

--
Utiliser le butineur, le courriéleur, le lecteur de nouvelles
et le SE avec lesquels vous vous sentez le plus sécurisé ...
Duane Hebert

"Skytigger" <Skytigger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news1762210-0852-46C7-B252-AAE040C8E8A7@microsoft.com...
> I am at a loss to find a solution to this problem. I cannot get online with
> IE7 or IE8. Firefox works fine along with most other programs that require
> internet access. I have tried uninstalling IE, using a different version,
> deleting all add-ons and cookies, resetting default settings. I've scanned
> the computer using a couple different virus scanners and scanned using the
> Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool. Nothing has worked.
>
> Any suggestions?

No but I'm having the same issues so I wonder if you use AVG?
Do you have multiple users on your system with others beside the current user still logged on?

Averelll

Michel Doucet a écrit :
> Bonjour/soir, le Wed, 23 Jun 2010 13:23:34 -0400, *PA Bear [MS MVP]* a
> caressé son clavier pour nous dire dans le message suivant:
>
>> • Which version of the Windows operating system am I running?
>> http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...ch-version-of-

> the-windows-operating-system-am-i-running
>> • Is my PC running the 32-bit or 64-bit version of Windows?
>> http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...t-32-or-64-bit
>>
>> Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; WinXP 64-bit
>> SP2; Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2) as well as your current IE version
>> (e.g., IE6, IE7, IE8) when posting in an IE-specific forum or newsgroup.
>> Please do so in your next reply.

>> Has a(nother) Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on this
>> bought it)?

> ... and an answer to the question is ?

Et votre réponse, monsieur le troll international aux oreilles d'ânes ?
Duane Hebert

"Averelll" <Averelll@dallton.ca> wrote in message news:hvtmk1$oee$1@news.eternal-september.org...
> Michel Doucet a écrit :
>> Bonjour/soir, le Wed, 23 Jun 2010 13:23:34 -0400, *PA Bear [MS MVP]* a
>> caressé son clavier pour nous dire dans le message suivant:
>>
>>> • Which version of the Windows operating system am I running?
>>> http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...ch-version-of-

>> the-windows-operating-system-am-i-running
>>> • Is my PC running the 32-bit or 64-bit version of Windows?
>>> http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...t-32-or-64-bit
>>>
>>> Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; WinXP 64-bit
>>> SP2; Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2) as well as your current IE version
>>> (e.g., IE6, IE7, IE8) when posting in an IE-specific forum or newsgroup.
>>> Please do so in your next reply.
>>>
>>> What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your
>>> subscription current? What anti-spyware applications (other than
>>> Defender)? What third-party firewall (if any)?
>>>
>>> Has a(nother) Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on this
>>> machine (e.g., a free-trial version that came preinstalled when you
>>> bought it)?

>> ... and an answer to the question is ?
>>

> Et votre réponse, monsieur le troll international aux oreilles d'ânes ?

rien d'utile, comme d'habitude.

Michel Doucet

Re: IE does not connect, but Outlook, Firefox and Google Chromework f
Bonjour/soir, le Wed, 23 Jun 2010 21:17:20 +0200, *Averelll* a caressé son
clavier pour nous dire dans le message suivant:

> Et votre réponse, monsieur le troll international aux oreilles d'ânes ?

OP told us "Firefox works fine" but not IE7 or IE8 ... fire yourself your
conclusion !