Runtime Error R6025

Elmira

Runtime Error R6025
The last updates I installed were on 6/17 and they were kb978695, 975562,
979482. I didn't get an error until today so I don't know if this is
related. All of a sudden I am getting Runtime error!
Program: C:\Program files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe, R6025 - pure
virtual function call.

Once you click ok the browser closes. It happened at a couple of bank
sites. I've googled for a fix and saw lots of people have had this problem
but I didn't find a solution.

The only other thing I changed recently was that I replaced a CD-RW drive
yesterday. But I did not install any drivers.

IE 7
WinXP SP3

Will system restore help?
Thanks for any advise.

Re: Runtime Error R6025
What third-party firewall (if any)?

it)?

Never, EVER use System Restore to "undo" an update, Service Pack, or IE
upgrade! Instead, uninstall the update, Service Pack, or IE upgrade &
reboot. If that doesn't correct the problem, then try System Restore.

Elmira wrote:
> The last updates I installed were on 6/17 and they were kb978695, 975562,
> 979482. I didn't get an error until today so I don't know if this is
> related. All of a sudden I am getting Runtime error!
> Program: C:\Program files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe, R6025 - pure
> virtual function call.
>
> Once you click ok the browser closes. It happened at a couple of bank
> sites. I've googled for a fix and saw lots of people have had this
> problem
> but I didn't find a solution.
>
> The only other thing I changed recently was that I replaced a CD-RW drive
> yesterday. But I did not install any drivers.
>
> IE 7
> WinXP SP3
>
> Will system restore help?
> Thanks for any advise.

Elmira

Re: Runtime Error R6025
I have the latest McAfee Security Suite (updated constantly) with firewall.
I run scans weekly (one yesterday) and I run Malwarebytes, Spybot and
SuperAntispyware intermitently. I keep Spyware Blaster current. I have
never been without antivirus protection.

Of the 3 updates I listed, would you recommend uninstalling KB978695 which
seems to have something to do with runtime?

Thanks,
Elmira

> Defender)? What third-party firewall (if any)?

> computer (e.g., a free-trial version that came preinstalled when you
> bought it)?
>
> Never, EVER use System Restore to "undo" an update, Service Pack, or IE
> upgrade! Instead, uninstall the update, Service Pack, or IE upgrade &
> reboot. If that doesn't correct the problem, then try System Restore.
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

> Elmira wrote:
>> The last updates I installed were on 6/17 and they were kb978695, 975562,
>> 979482. I didn't get an error until today so I don't know if this is
>> related. All of a sudden I am getting Runtime error!
>> Program: C:\Program files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe, R6025 - pure
>> virtual function call.
>>
>> Once you click ok the browser closes. It happened at a couple of bank
>> sites. I've googled for a fix and saw lots of people have had this
>> problem
>> but I didn't find a solution.
>>
>> The only other thing I changed recently was that I replaced a CD-RW drive
>> yesterday. But I did not install any drivers.
>>
>> IE 7
>> WinXP SP3
>>
>> Will system restore help?
>> Thanks for any advise.

Re: Runtime Error R6025
> I have the latest McAfee Security Suite

Is it McAfee Internet Security, McAfee Total Protection, or McAfee Security
Central?

Is your subscription current or is it a freebie from you ISP (e.g.,
Comcast)?

Has another McAfee application or a Norton application ever been installed
on the computer?

Did a McAfee or Norton free-trial come preinstalled on the computer when you
bought it?

Don't uninstall any updates just yet but please tell me if "Security Update
for Windows Internet Explorer 7 (KB982381)" and "Security Update for Windows
XP (KB979559)" are both listed in Add/Remove Programs (after making sure the
SHOW UPDATES box at the top is checked)?

Elmira wrote:
> I have the latest McAfee Security Suite (updated constantly) with
> firewall.
> I run scans weekly (one yesterday) and I run Malwarebytes, Spybot and
> SuperAntispyware intermitently. I keep Spyware Blaster current. I have
> never been without antivirus protection.
>
> Of the 3 updates I listed, would you recommend uninstalling KB978695 which
> seems to have something to do with runtime?

>> bought it)?
>>
>> Never, EVER use System Restore to "undo" an update, Service Pack, or IE
>> upgrade! Instead, uninstall the update, Service Pack, or IE upgrade &
>> reboot. If that doesn't correct the problem, then try System Restore.
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

>> Elmira wrote:
>>> The last updates I installed were on 6/17 and they were kb978695,
>>> 975562,
>>> 979482. I didn't get an error until today so I don't know if this is
>>> related. All of a sudden I am getting Runtime error!
>>> Program: C:\Program files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe, R6025 - pure
>>> virtual function call.
>>>
>>> Once you click ok the browser closes. It happened at a couple of bank
>>> sites. I've googled for a fix and saw lots of people have had this
>>> problem
>>> but I didn't find a solution.
>>>
>>> The only other thing I changed recently was that I replaced a CD-RW
>>> drive
>>> yesterday. But I did not install any drivers.
>>>
>>> IE 7
>>> WinXP SP3
>>>
>>> Will system restore help?
>>> Thanks for any advise.

Re: Runtime Error R6025
[TYPO CORRECTED]

PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:
>> I have the latest McAfee Security Suite

> Is it McAfee Internet Security, McAfee Total Protection, or McAfee
> Security
> [center]?...

Elmira

Re: Runtime Error R6025
I purchased McAfee Antivirus Plus in Nov 2009. I have always had McAfee on
this machine. I bought it over 5 yrs ago so I dont remember if it was a
trial version but it's a Dell so I'd say yes it was. I had some trouble
installing the current version and called their tech help so I know we
completely wiped out any extra files that might have remained from previous
versions. It is completely updated.

Yes to KB982381and No to KB979559. When there are more than 4 windows
patches I do a few at a time in case any give me a problem. I wait a couple
of days in between just to make sure. KB979559 is in the final batch that
was not yet installed. I planned to do that batch once this problem was
solved.

Yesterday there was a McAfee update and it kept asking to reboot all day. I
didn't want to shutdown until the evening. Maybe that was causing the
problem? I'll know by tonight if it's fixed and will report back.

Thanks for your assistance.

Elmira

>> I have the latest McAfee Security Suite

> Is it McAfee Internet Security, McAfee Total Protection, or McAfee
> Security Central?
>
> Is your subscription current or is it a freebie from you ISP (e.g.,
> Comcast)?
>
> Has another McAfee application or a Norton application ever been installed
> on the computer?
>
> Did a McAfee or Norton free-trial come preinstalled on the computer when
> you bought it?
>
> Don't uninstall any updates just yet but please tell me if "Security
> Update for Windows Internet Explorer 7 (KB982381)" and "Security Update
> for Windows XP (KB979559)" are both listed in Add/Remove Programs (after
> making sure the SHOW UPDATES box at the top is checked)?
>

> Elmira wrote:
>> I have the latest McAfee Security Suite (updated constantly) with
>> firewall.
>> I run scans weekly (one yesterday) and I run Malwarebytes, Spybot and
>> SuperAntispyware intermitently. I keep Spyware Blaster current. I have
>> never been without antivirus protection.
>>
>> Of the 3 updates I listed, would you recommend uninstalling KB978695
>> which
>> seems to have something to do with runtime?
>>
>>> What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your
>>> subscription current? What anti-spyware applications (other than
>>> Defender)? What third-party firewall (if any)?
>>>
>>> Has a(another) Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on the
>>> computer (e.g., a free-trial version that came preinstalled when you
>>> bought it)?
>>>
>>> Never, EVER use System Restore to "undo" an update, Service Pack, or IE
>>> upgrade! Instead, uninstall the update, Service Pack, or IE upgrade &
>>> reboot. If that doesn't correct the problem, then try System Restore.
>>> --
>>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

Dan

Re: Runtime Error R6025
If it recurs, try again in No Add-ons mode - you might have an incompatible
add-on running this is causing IE to throw this error.

Dan

"Elmira" <newz.e.elmira@[REMOOV}antichef.com> wrote in message
> I purchased McAfee Antivirus Plus in Nov 2009. I have always had McAfee
> on this machine. I bought it over 5 yrs ago so I dont remember if it was
> a trial version but it's a Dell so I'd say yes it was. I had some trouble
> installing the current version and called their tech help so I know we
> completely wiped out any extra files that might have remained from
> previous versions. It is completely updated.
>
> Yes to KB982381and No to KB979559. When there are more than 4 windows
> patches I do a few at a time in case any give me a problem. I wait a
> couple of days in between just to make sure. KB979559 is in the final
> batch that was not yet installed. I planned to do that batch once this
> problem was solved.
>
> Yesterday there was a McAfee update and it kept asking to reboot all day.
> I didn't want to shutdown until the evening. Maybe that was causing the
> problem? I'll know by tonight if it's fixed and will report back.
>
> Thanks for your assistance.
>
> Elmira

>>> I have the latest McAfee Security Suite

>> Is it McAfee Internet Security, McAfee Total Protection, or McAfee
>> Security Central?
>>
>> Is your subscription current or is it a freebie from you ISP (e.g.,
>> Comcast)?
>>
>> Has another McAfee application or a Norton application ever been
>> installed on the computer?
>>
>> Did a McAfee or Norton free-trial come preinstalled on the computer when
>> you bought it?
>>
>> Don't uninstall any updates just yet but please tell me if "Security
>> Update for Windows Internet Explorer 7 (KB982381)" and "Security Update
>> for Windows XP (KB979559)" are both listed in Add/Remove Programs (after
>> making sure the SHOW UPDATES box at the top is checked)?
>>

>> Elmira wrote:
>>> I have the latest McAfee Security Suite (updated constantly) with
>>> firewall.
>>> I run scans weekly (one yesterday) and I run Malwarebytes, Spybot and
>>> SuperAntispyware intermitently. I keep Spyware Blaster current. I have
>>> never been without antivirus protection.
>>>
>>> Of the 3 updates I listed, would you recommend uninstalling KB978695
>>> which
>>> seems to have something to do with runtime?

Re: Runtime Error R6025
1. Does the behavior persist if you start IE in No Add-ons mode?

Explorer (No add-ons).

Troubleshooting and Internet Explorerís (No Add-ons) Mode [Applies to IE7 &
IE8 in all OSS]

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737

PS: Let me know if KB979559 installs or now.

Elmira wrote:
> I purchased McAfee Antivirus Plus in Nov 2009. I have always had McAfee
> on
> this machine. I bought it over 5 yrs ago so I dont remember if it was a
> trial version but it's a Dell so I'd say yes it was. I had some trouble
> installing the current version and called their tech help so I know we
> completely wiped out any extra files that might have remained from
> previous
> versions. It is completely updated.
>
> Yes to KB982381and No to KB979559. When there are more than 4 windows
> patches I do a few at a time in case any give me a problem. I wait a
> couple
> of days in between just to make sure. KB979559 is in the final batch that
> was not yet installed. I planned to do that batch once this problem was
> solved.
>
> Yesterday there was a McAfee update and it kept asking to reboot all day.
> didn't want to shutdown until the evening. Maybe that was causing the
> problem? I'll know by tonight if it's fixed and will report back.
>
>> Is it McAfee Internet Security, McAfee Total Protection, or McAfee
>> Security Central?
>>
>> Is your subscription current or is it a freebie from you ISP (e.g.,
>> Comcast)?
>>
>> Has another McAfee application or a Norton application ever been
>> installed
>> on the computer?
>>
>> Did a McAfee or Norton free-trial come preinstalled on the computer when
>> you bought it?
>>
>> Don't uninstall any updates just yet but please tell me if "Security
>> Update for Windows Internet Explorer 7 (KB982381)" and "Security Update
>> for Windows XP (KB979559)" are both listed in Add/Remove Programs (after
>> making sure the SHOW UPDATES box at the top is checked)?
>>

>> Elmira wrote:
>>> I have the latest McAfee Security Suite (updated constantly) with
>>> firewall.
>>> I run scans weekly (one yesterday) and I run Malwarebytes, Spybot and
>>> SuperAntispyware intermitently. I keep Spyware Blaster current. I have
>>> never been without antivirus protection.
>>>
>>> Of the 3 updates I listed, would you recommend uninstalling KB978695
>>> which
>>> seems to have something to do with runtime?

Elmira

Re: Runtime Error R6025
Did not have any errors today so I am going to attribute the problem to the
fact that I did not reboot immediately after the McAfee update. Guess I
learned something here!

Thanks again.

> 1. Does the behavior persist if you start IE in No Add-ons mode?

> Explorer (No add-ons).
>
> Troubleshooting and Internet Explorerís (No Add-ons) Mode [Applies to IE7
> & IE8 in all OSS]

> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737
>
> PS: Let me know if KB979559 installs or now.
>

> Elmira wrote:
>> I purchased McAfee Antivirus Plus in Nov 2009. I have always had McAfee
>> on
>> this machine. I bought it over 5 yrs ago so I dont remember if it was a
>> trial version but it's a Dell so I'd say yes it was. I had some trouble
>> installing the current version and called their tech help so I know we
>> completely wiped out any extra files that might have remained from
>> previous
>> versions. It is completely updated.
>>
>> Yes to KB982381and No to KB979559. When there are more than 4 windows
>> patches I do a few at a time in case any give me a problem. I wait a
>> couple
>> of days in between just to make sure. KB979559 is in the final batch
>> that
>> was not yet installed. I planned to do that batch once this problem was
>> solved.
>>
>> Yesterday there was a McAfee update and it kept asking to reboot all day.
>> didn't want to shutdown until the evening. Maybe that was causing the
>> problem? I'll know by tonight if it's fixed and will report back.
>>
>>> Is it McAfee Internet Security, McAfee Total Protection, or McAfee
>>> Security Central?
>>>
>>> Is your subscription current or is it a freebie from you ISP (e.g.,
>>> Comcast)?
>>>
>>> Has another McAfee application or a Norton application ever been
>>> installed
>>> on the computer?
>>>
>>> Did a McAfee or Norton free-trial come preinstalled on the computer when
>>> you bought it?
>>>
>>> Don't uninstall any updates just yet but please tell me if "Security
>>> Update for Windows Internet Explorer 7 (KB982381)" and "Security Update
>>> for Windows XP (KB979559)" are both listed in Add/Remove Programs (after
>>> making sure the SHOW UPDATES box at the top is checked)?

Re: Runtime Error R6025
Has KB979559 installed yet?