Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

internet explorer 8

microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 06-22-2010
claire kamal
 

Posts: n/a
internet explorer 8
i have a laptop with windows 7 and internet explorerr 8
every time i open internet explorer page goes up so i cant see toolarbar or
close it how can i fix it to fit my page .i hope you can understand what oi
mean
i have to move mouse to find begunning of page while in my desktop pc. page
stop and i can see xmark and toolarbar
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 06-22-2010
Don Varnau
 

Posts: n/a
Re: internet explorer 8
Hi,
See if you're in Full Screen Mode with Auto-Hide enabled. Move the pointer
to the top of the screen. If the IE toolbar appears, right-click on the
refresh or close (red x) icon to the right of the Address Bar and uncheck
Auto-Hide.

Or, with only one IE window open (no other windows open) right-click an
empty part of the Windows Taskbar and choose "Show windows stacked" or "Show
windows side by side." That window should fill the screen. Use that window
to visit any website. Right-click a link on that page and choose "Open in a
new window." Close the *first* IE window, then close the *second* IE window.
-
Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]


"claire kamal" <claire kamal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:258D406C-C7EB-4C16-9C08-BC67317500BB@microsoft.com...
> i have a laptop with windows 7 and internet explorer 8
> every time i open internet explorer page goes up so i cant see toolarbar

or
> close it how can i fix it to fit my page .i hope you can understand what

oi
> mean
> i have to move mouse to find begunning of page while in my desktop pc.

page
> stop and i can see xmark and toolarbar


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 06-22-2010
PA Bear [MS MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: internet explorer 8
F11

claire kamal wrote:
> i have a laptop with windows 7 and internet explorerr 8
> every time i open internet explorer page goes up so i cant see toolarbar
> or
> close it how can i fix it to fit my page .i hope you can understand what
> oi
> mean
> i have to move mouse to find begunning of page while in my desktop pc.
> page
> stop and i can see xmark and toolarbar


Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 06-23-2010
Gordon
 

Posts: n/a
Re: internet explorer 8

"Don Varnau" <don_04[at]varnau[dot]org> wrote in message
news:OlnBBTgELHA.4824@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> Hi,
> See if you're in Full Screen Mode with Auto-Hide enabled. Move the pointer
> to the top of the screen. If the IE toolbar appears, right-click on the
> refresh or close (red x) icon to the right of the Address Bar and uncheck
> Auto-Hide.


Interesting. I don't get that when I right-click there in IE8 on Win 7! I
just get Restore, Move, Resize, Minimize, Maximise, close (Alt F4)....

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 06-23-2010
KCB
 

Posts: n/a
Re: internet explorer 8

"Gordon" <gordonbparker@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:hvsv22$sle$1@news.eternal-september.org...
>
> "Don Varnau" <don_04[at]varnau[dot]org> wrote in message
> news:OlnBBTgELHA.4824@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>> Hi,
>> See if you're in Full Screen Mode with Auto-Hide enabled. Move the
>> pointer
>> to the top of the screen. If the IE toolbar appears, right-click on the
>> refresh or close (red x) icon to the right of the Address Bar and uncheck
>> Auto-Hide.

>
> Interesting. I don't get that when I right-click there in IE8 on Win 7! I
> just get Restore, Move, Resize, Minimize, Maximise, close (Alt F4)....


Press F11 key. You will then be in Full-Screen mode. Your buttons will
auto-hide by default. Move the mouse to the top of the screen to make them
appear. Now, your right-click context menu will have the additional entry.

Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 06-23-2010
Gordon
 

Posts: n/a
Re: internet explorer 8

"KCB" <bcgc_qc@hootmail.com> wrote in message
news:hvt302$14c$1@news.eternal-september.org...
>
> "Gordon" <gordonbparker@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> news:hvsv22$sle$1@news.eternal-september.org...
>>
>> "Don Varnau" <don_04[at]varnau[dot]org> wrote in message
>> news:OlnBBTgELHA.4824@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>>> Hi,
>>> See if you're in Full Screen Mode with Auto-Hide enabled. Move the
>>> pointer
>>> to the top of the screen. If the IE toolbar appears, right-click on the
>>> refresh or close (red x) icon to the right of the Address Bar and
>>> uncheck
>>> Auto-Hide.

>>
>> Interesting. I don't get that when I right-click there in IE8 on Win 7! I
>> just get Restore, Move, Resize, Minimize, Maximise, close (Alt F4)....

>
> Press F11 key. You will then be in Full-Screen mode. Your buttons will
> auto-hide by default. Move the mouse to the top of the screen to make
> them appear. Now, your right-click context menu will have the additional
> entry.


Oh yes, so it does! Wonderful.
I notice that when I am in full screen mode, the taskbar won't auto-unhide
when I move the cursor to the bottom of the screen - I have to come out of
full-screen mode for that. Is that normal or should it pop up?

Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 06-23-2010
KCB
 

Posts: n/a
Re: internet explorer 8

"Gordon" <gordonbparker@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:hvt4kl$g1u$1@news.eternal-september.org...
>
> "KCB" <bcgc_qc@hootmail.com> wrote in message
> news:hvt302$14c$1@news.eternal-september.org...
>>
>> "Gordon" <gordonbparker@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> news:hvsv22$sle$1@news.eternal-september.org...
>>>
>>> "Don Varnau" <don_04[at]varnau[dot]org> wrote in message
>>> news:OlnBBTgELHA.4824@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>>>> Hi,
>>>> See if you're in Full Screen Mode with Auto-Hide enabled. Move the
>>>> pointer
>>>> to the top of the screen. If the IE toolbar appears, right-click on the
>>>> refresh or close (red x) icon to the right of the Address Bar and
>>>> uncheck
>>>> Auto-Hide.
>>>
>>> Interesting. I don't get that when I right-click there in IE8 on Win 7!
>>> I just get Restore, Move, Resize, Minimize, Maximise, close (Alt F4)....

>>
>> Press F11 key. You will then be in Full-Screen mode. Your buttons will
>> auto-hide by default. Move the mouse to the top of the screen to make
>> them appear. Now, your right-click context menu will have the additional
>> entry.

>
> Oh yes, so it does! Wonderful.
> I notice that when I am in full screen mode, the taskbar won't auto-unhide
> when I move the cursor to the bottom of the screen - I have to come out of
> full-screen mode for that. Is that normal or should it pop up?


I think you need to press the Windows Key to pop up the taskbar. I do not
hide my taskbar, and it still will not show in IE Full Screen Mode.

Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 06-23-2010
Gordon
 

Posts: n/a
Re: internet explorer 8

"KCB" <bcgc_qc@hootmail.com> wrote in message
news:hvtom7$4vo$1@news.eternal-september.org...
>
> I think you need to press the Windows Key to pop up the taskbar.


That seems to work but it launches the Start menu as well....still, better
than nothing!


Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Article ID: 911860 Wenn Sie einen sehr langen Name in dem Internet Explorer-Favoritenordner auf einem Windows Vista-based Computer verwenden, funktioniert Internet Explorer nicht mehr ordnungsgemäß KBArticles German 0 12-13-2009 12:00
Article ID: 911860 Wenn Sie einen sehr langen Name in dem Internet Explorer-Favoritenordner auf einem Windows Vista-based Computer verwenden, funktioniert Internet Explorer nicht mehr ordnungsgem KBArticles German 0 10-22-2007 21:20
Article ID: 911860 Internet Explorer no longer works correctly when you use a very long name in the Internet Explorer Favorites folder on a Windows Vista-based computer KBArticles English 0 10-22-2007 20:00
Article ID: 935855 Error message when you try to start Internet Explorer 7 in Windows Vista: "You must be an administrator to open Internet Explorer on this desktop" KBArticles English 0 10-22-2007 20:00
[KB] Internet Explorer no longer works correctly when you use a very long name in the Internet Explorer Favorites folder on a Windows Vista-based computer Alezito [MS MVP] microsoft.public.es.windowsvista 1 05-15-2007 17:48




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 20:32.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120