Disable Touch Feature - Drag opens new window

Anthony

Disable Touch Feature - Drag opens new window
We have a fullscreen kiosk application running on a touchscreen computer that
uses Windows 7 and IE8. Whenever a user clicks and drags a link even a few
pixels, that link opens in a new tab. I'm sure this is a slick feature for
those using the computer to browse, but it completely destroys the
effectiveness of our application. Is there any way to disable this function?
I searched through the Options and Control Panel and couldn't find a way to
do it. We go live with this application in a couple of days.

Thanks!
rob^_^

Re: Disable Touch Feature - Drag opens new window
"that link opens in a new tab"

You are not using Kiosk mode then.... use

iexplore.exe -k [url]

also use Group Policy to disable the Developer Tool if using IE8. The savvy
public can use it to hack and compromise your machine if it is enabled.

If you are using a full screen tabbed interface, it is usual for a tab to
open when a dragged link is dropped. There is a security zone setting (I
think) to disable drag/drop of links.

MS has used MPF in the touch screen kiosk applications see...

Regards.

"Anthony" <Anthony@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We have a fullscreen kiosk application running on a touchscreen computer
> that
> uses Windows 7 and IE8. Whenever a user clicks and drags a link even a few
> pixels, that link opens in a new tab. I'm sure this is a slick feature for
> those using the computer to browse, but it completely destroys the
> effectiveness of our application. Is there any way to disable this
> function?
> I searched through the Options and Control Panel and couldn't find a way
> do it. We go live with this application in a couple of days.
>
> Thanks!

Anthony

Re: Disable Touch Feature - Drag opens new window
Hi Rob,

Thanks for your reply. I'll give the "kiosk" mode a shot, but we're
currently using Javascript to do a full screen interface, per the vendor's
request. Any way to disable this under a Javascript setup?