IE7 & XP to IE8 & Windows 7

BugOnPoint

IE7 & XP to IE8 & Windows 7
I have finally sucked it up and acquired a new machine with Windows 7 and
IE8. I have years of favorites stored (in folders and subfolders) and want
to import all of them into my new setup. I've burned hours trying to figure
this out with no success. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Bruce Hagen

Re: IE7 & XP to IE8 & Windows 7
"BugOnPoint" <BugOnPoint@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have finally sucked it up and acquired a new machine with Windows 7 and
> IE8. I have years of favorites stored (in folders and subfolders) and
> want
> to import all of them into my new setup. I've burned hours trying to
> figure
> this out with no success. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Import Or Export Favorites In Internet Explorer
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...ernet-Explorer

Export the favorites to the Desktop and from there, copy to CD or flash.
Copy these to the Desktop on the other machine and import them.

--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP [Mail]

Dan

Re: IE7 & XP to IE8 & Windows 7

"BugOnPoint" <BugOnPoint@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have finally sucked it up and acquired a new machine with Windows 7 and
> IE8. I have years of favorites stored (in folders and subfolders) and
> want
> to import all of them into my new setup. I've burned hours trying to
> figure
> this out with no success. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Why not use Easy Import in Windows 7 to transfer them?

Or USMT: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-gb/l.../dd723609.aspx

--
Dan

bksgs1

RE: IE7 & XP to IE8 & Windows 7
Use BackRex IE backup to transfer all your IE settings, browsing history.
favorites . You can get this at
http://www.backsettings.com/internet...er-backup.html
I have used this and it is excellent.

"BugOnPoint" wrote:

> I have finally sucked it up and acquired a new machine with Windows 7 and
> IE8. I have years of favorites stored (in folders and subfolders) and want
> to import all of them into my new setup. I've burned hours trying to figure
> this out with no success. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Re: IE7 & XP to IE8 & Windows 7
Is the "demo" version fully-functional (without having to purchase it)?

bksgs1 wrote:
> Use BackRex IE backup to transfer all your IE settings, browsing history.
> favorites . You can get this at
> http://www.backsettings.com/internet...er-backup.html
> I have used this and it is excellent.
>

> "BugOnPoint" wrote:
>> I have finally sucked it up and acquired a new machine with Windows 7 and
>> IE8. I have years of favorites stored (in folders and subfolders) and
>> want
>> to import all of them into my new setup. I've burned hours trying to
>> figure this out with no success. Any help is greatly appreciated.

bksgs1

Re: IE7 & XP to IE8 & Windows 7
This is a fully-functional freeware version. No purchase required. This is
a freeware utility.