How to disable these frequent IntExp 8 crash popups ?

Brian Cooper

How to disable these frequent IntExp 8 crash popups ?
I upgraded recently from IntExp 7 to IntExp 8 (under WinXP + SP3).

When I use now IntExp8 then frequently (5-10 times/day) I got crash notification popups from
IntExp. The following snapshot show a sample:

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/7...texp8crash.png

When I click "Close" then IntExp continues to works as if nothing happened.

How can I permanently disable these popups?

Brian

Robert Aldwinckle

Re: How to disable these frequent IntExp 8 crash popups ?

"Brian Cooper" <bcoo_x@download.net> wrote in message
> I upgraded recently from IntExp 7 to IntExp 8 (under WinXP + SP3).
>
> When I use now IntExp8 then frequently (5-10 times/day) I got crash
> notification popups from
> IntExp. The following snapshot show a sample:
>
> http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/7...texp8crash.png
>
> When I click "Close" then IntExp continues to works as if nothing
> happened.
>

> How can I permanently disable these popups?

Find out what is causing it and disable it. Start by capturing the Error
Signature using that dialog you are cancelling. The Error Signature text
can be captured by doubleclicking on a word in it, then pressing Ctrl-a,
Ctrl-c

Alternatively in IE6 you can disable all BHO by _unchecking_

Enable third-party browser extensions (requires restart)
(in Options, Advanced tab, Browsing section)

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle
---

Don Varnau

Re: How to disable these frequent IntExp 8 crash popups ?
Hi,
See if a browser add-on that wasn't troublesome with IE7 is incompatible
with IE8.

For troubleshooting information see:
IEBlog Troubleshooting and Internet Explorerís (No Add-ons) Mode:

Uninstalling reinstalling the add-on may resolve the problem.

The crashes may also indicate a malware infection. Has the machine always
been protected by an antivirus or security suite?
-
Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"Brian Cooper" <bcoo_x[at]download.net> wrote in message
> I upgraded recently from IntExp 7 to IntExp 8 (under WinXP + SP3).
>
> When I use now IntExp8 then frequently (5-10 times/day) I got crash

notification popups from
> IntExp. The following snapshot show a sample:
>
> http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/7...texp8crash.png
>
> When I click "Close" then IntExp continues to works as if nothing

happened.

> How can I permanently disable these popups?
>
> Brian

VanguardLH

Brian Cooper wrote:

> I upgraded recently from IntExp 7 to IntExp 8 (under WinXP + SP3).
>
> When I use now IntExp8 then frequently (5-10 times/day) I got crash notification popups from
> IntExp. The following snapshot show a sample:
>
> http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/7...texp8crash.png
>
> When I click "Close" then IntExp continues to works as if nothing happened.
>
> How can I permanently disable these popups?

You probably carried along an add-on that you installed for IE7 rather
than uninstall all add-ons, install the next version of IE, and then
reinstall the add-ons (that you actually need and have actually used).

Some add-ons are poorly coded. DEP was disabled by default in IE7. In
IE8, DEP is enabled by default which means these crap add-ons will now
get caught. You may also have an older add-on installed that is not
compatible with IE8. See if the problems go away if you start IE8 in
its no add-ons mode.

Also check what add-ons you installed for IE:

Internet Options -> Programs tab -> Manage programs
Toolbars and Extensions

Be sure to select "Show ALL add-ons". Get rid of the non-critical
add-ons (which pretty much means them all). Then make sure you install
only the ones that you have used and get their latest version (which
still may not be compatible with IE8 because there has been no progress
in updating the incompatible add-on).

Jeff Strickland

Re: How to disable these frequent IntExp 8 crash popups ?

"Brian Cooper" <bcoo_x@download.net> wrote in message
>I upgraded recently from IntExp 7 to IntExp 8 (under WinXP + SP3).
>
> When I use now IntExp8 then frequently (5-10 times/day) I got crash
> notification popups from
> IntExp. The following snapshot show a sample:
>
> http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/7...texp8crash.png
>
> When I click "Close" then IntExp continues to works as if nothing
> happened.
>
> How can I permanently disable these popups?
>
> Brian

You can't disable the popup without fixing the cause.

I'd start by shutting the machine off completely then restarting it. Then
you have to find out what's causing the error and fix it.

Re: How to disable these frequent IntExp 8 crash popups ?
Internet Explorer freezes or crashes (access page via IE8 only & run the Fix
It)
http://support.microsoft.com/gp/ie_freezes_or_crashes

1. Does the behavior persist if you start IE in No Add-ons mode?

Explorer (No add-ons).

Troubleshooting and Internet Explorerís (No Add-ons) Mode [Applies to IE7 &
IE8 in all OSS]

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737

3. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your

it)?