Toolbar lock fails

GaryMac

Toolbar lock fails
Folks-

I run Vista/SP2 with IE8. I have a number of toolbars active, positioned 2
to a line, and locked. Occasionally when I activate IE8 my toolbars are no
longer where I locked them and I have to unlock, position and re-lock. Can
someone explain why this happens and how to possibly prevent it from
occurring?

-Gary

Re: Toolbar lock fails
Which toolbars?

GaryMac wrote:
> I run Vista/SP2 with IE8. I have a number of toolbars active, positioned 2
> to a line, and locked. Occasionally when I activate IE8 my toolbars are no
> longer where I locked them and I have to unlock, position and re-lock. Can
> someone explain why this happens and how to possibly prevent it from
> occurring?

VanguardLH

Re: Toolbar lock fails
GaryMac wrote:

> Folks-
>
> I run Vista/SP2 with IE8. I have a number of toolbars active, positioned 2
> to a line, and locked. Occasionally when I activate IE8 my toolbars are no
> longer where I locked them and I have to unlock, position and re-lock. Can
> someone explain why this happens and how to possibly prevent it from
> occurring?
>
> -Gary

Some 3rd party toolbars are rude in that they are coded to position
themselves at specific locations. No matter where you want the toolbar,
it affixes to the same location. This screws up the arrangment. Unless
the toolbar gets updated or until you get rid of it, the problem will
continue.
GaryMac

Re: Toolbar lock fails
Norton, Lexmark, Dealio, Windows Live, Weather Channel, Stumble Upon,
Bing

GaryMac

Re: Toolbar lock fails
The problem is occasional. For the most part things remain where I
put them.

Re: Toolbar lock fails
Many popular third-party toolbars have their own, very stubborn & often
conflicting opinions of where they SHOULD be located within the IE toolbar.
I'd recommend uninstalling (or at least disabling) all of them then
reinstalling (or re-enabling) the one or two (max.) toolbars you simply
can't LIVE without.

GaryMac wrote:
> Norton, Lexmark, Dealio, Windows Live, Weather Channel, Stumble Upon,
> Bing

GaryMac

Re: Toolbar lock fails
3rd parties who play that way are not very nice...thanks for your
reply and advice.

Re: Toolbar lock fails
PS:

Prevent Internet Explorer Toolbar Layout from being Reset
http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/pr...m-being-reset/

PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:
> Many popular third-party toolbars have their own, very stubborn & often
> conflicting opinions of where they SHOULD be located within the IE
> toolbar.
> I'd recommend uninstalling (or at least disabling) all of them then
> reinstalling (or re-enabling) the one or two (max.) toolbars you simply
> can't LIVE without.
>

> GaryMac wrote:
>> Norton, Lexmark, Dealio, Windows Live, Weather Channel, Stumble
>> Upon,
>> Bing

GaryMac

Re: Toolbar lock fails