Security warning-box

Cynanthis

Security warning-box
My system: Windows XP Home edition....IE8 sp2

Is there a way to disable this Security warning box that pops up.
It says: Do you want to view only the webpage content that was delivered
securely?
I think in IE7, the wording was different, and I would click YES...
In this one, I have to click NO in order to conitune viewing the pictures.

I am tired of having to click NO each and every time I am working.
Since there is no choice to "Do not ask me again" in this box, How can I
disable it.
Thanks in advance

Leonard Grey

Re: Security warning-box
Google is your friend:

"Mixed content and Internet Explorer 8.0"
http://blogs.msdn.com/b/askie/archiv...lorer-8-0.aspx

Personally, I appreciate being advised, but chaqu'un a son gout.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Cynanthis wrote:
> My system: Windows XP Home edition....IE8 sp2
>
> Is there a way to disable this Security warning box that pops up.
> It says: Do you want to view only the webpage content that was delivered
> securely?
> I think in IE7, the wording was different, and I would click YES...
> In this one, I have to click NO in order to conitune viewing the pictures.
>
> I am tired of having to click NO each and every time I am working.
> Since there is no choice to "Do not ask me again" in this box, How can I
> disable it.
> Thanks in advance

Bob Lucas

Re: Security warning-box
There is an easy way to disable the Security warning box that
pops up, every time a secure web page includes insecure content.

In IE8, click on Tools / Internet Options / Security
Select 'Internet Zone' and click on 'Custom Level'
Scroll down to the 'Display Mixed Content' section - which
provides the following options:

Prompt. With this option, you will continue to receive the
security warning, every time a secure (HTTPS) page includes
insecure content.

Enable. This will suppress the security warning - but is NOT
recommended, because of the potential risks.

Disable. When you connect to a secure page, IE8 will block all
insecure content. With this option, the page may not display
some graphics. Protection operates in the background, so you
will not see any security warning. No security warning - so you
will not need to click on YES or NO. This is my preferred
option.

Save your changes.