Google Redirect Malware IE 8

Dave

Google Redirect Malware IE 8
I am having a very difficult time with Google Redirect Malware. When I do a
Google search and then click on one of the resulting articles I am taken to
a completely unrelated website. Fortunately my Antivirus software blocks
that website but it is a real pain to not be able to visit these sites by
clicking on the link.

I have tried all of the malware removal programs I know of but none have
found the source of this problem.

I have tried Malwarebytes; Adaware; Spybot; MS Security Essentials; Trend
Micro Internet Security . . . all with no results.

Any ideas on other places I can look for a solution?

I am using Windows 7 and IE 8.0.7600.16385

--
Dave

~^~^~^~^~^
"Let God's promises shine on your problems." Corrie ten Boom

Rob

Re: Google Redirect Malware IE 8
Dave <leenospam@otelco.net> wrote:
> I am having a very difficult time with Google Redirect Malware. When I do a
> Google search and then click on one of the resulting articles I am taken to
> a completely unrelated website. Fortunately my Antivirus software blocks
> that website but it is a real pain to not be able to visit these sites by
> clicking on the link.
>
> I have tried all of the malware removal programs I know of but none have
> found the source of this problem.
>
> I have tried Malwarebytes; Adaware; Spybot; MS Security Essentials; Trend
> Micro Internet Security . . . all with no results.
>
> Any ideas on other places I can look for a solution?
>
> I am using Windows 7 and IE 8.0.7600.16385

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l.../cc700813.aspx
Dave

Re: Google Redirect Malware IE 8
The article in the Link you provided is interesting but does not seem to
apply to my situation. It talks about, "If you have a system that has been
completely compromised" and that does not describe my situation. The only
problem I am experiencing is the Google Redirect Malware.

It also talks about, "So, you didn't patch the system and it got hacked.
What to do? Well, let's see:" Every known patch and update has been run on
time in my system.

I will "flatten and rebuild" my system, but only as a last resort. In the
meantime I will continue hoping and searching for a solution,

Thank you.

Dave

"Rob" <nomail@example.com> wrote in message
> Dave <leenospam@otelco.net> wrote:
>> I am having a very difficult time with Google Redirect Malware. When I do
>> Google search and then click on one of the resulting articles I am taken
>> a completely unrelated website. Fortunately my Antivirus software blocks
>> that website but it is a real pain to not be able to visit these sites by
>> clicking on the link.
>>
>> I have tried all of the malware removal programs I know of but none have
>> found the source of this problem.
>>
>> I have tried Malwarebytes; Adaware; Spybot; MS Security Essentials; Trend
>> Micro Internet Security . . . all with no results.
>>
>> Any ideas on other places I can look for a solution?
>>
>> I am using Windows 7 and IE 8.0.7600.16385

> http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l.../cc700813.aspx

Rob

Re: Google Redirect Malware IE 8
Dave <leenospam@otelco.net> wrote:
> The article in the Link you provided is interesting but does not seem to
> apply to my situation. It talks about, "If you have a system that has been
> completely compromised" and that does not describe my situation. The only
> problem I am experiencing is the Google Redirect Malware.

The article discusses the problem that there has been some compromise
of the system and you don't know what it is and to what extent it has
affected the system. That seems to describe your situation pretty
well.

Re: Google Redirect Malware IE 8
Did you upgrade to Win7 or is it a new computer?

What third-party firewall (if any)?

it)?

Dave wrote:
> I am having a very difficult time with Google Redirect Malware. When I do
> Google search and then click on one of the resulting articles I am taken
> a completely unrelated website. Fortunately my Antivirus software blocks
> that website but it is a real pain to not be able to visit these sites by
> clicking on the link.
>
> I have tried all of the malware removal programs I know of but none have
> found the source of this problem.
>
> I have tried Malwarebytes; Adaware; Spybot; MS Security Essentials; Trend
> Micro Internet Security . . . all with no results.
>
> Any ideas on other places I can look for a solution?
>
> I am using Windows 7 and IE 8.0.7600.16385

Dave

Re: Google Redirect Malware IE 8
I bought the computer with Vista installed and received a free upgrade to
Windows 7.

I am using Trend Micro Internet Security (ver 16.60.2031) and the
subscription is up to date. I do not have other anti-spyware applications. I
have used several programs to try to identify the problem but have removed
them from the system after use. (Malwarebytes; Adaware; Combofix; MS
Security Essentials; Spybot)

No third party firewall.

Neither Norton nor McAfee have ever been installed on the system.

The computer was new in September 2009 upgraded to Win 7 in October and has
been running just fine until a couple of weeks ago. To my knowledge there
are no other problems with the system.

-Dave

> Did you upgrade to Win7 or is it a new computer?

> Defender)? What third-party firewall (if any)?

> computer (e.g., a free-trial version that came preinstalled when you
> bought un
> it)?
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>

> Dave wrote:
>> I am having a very difficult time with Google Redirect Malware. When I do
>> Google search and then click on one of the resulting articles I am taken
>> a completely unrelated website. Fortunately my Antivirus software blocks
>> that website but it is a real pain to not be able to visit these sites by
>> clicking on the link.
>>
>> I have tried all of the malware removal programs I know of but none have
>> found the source of this problem.
>>
>> I have tried Malwarebytes; Adaware; Spybot; MS Security Essentials; Trend
>> Micro Internet Security . . . all with no results.
>>
>> Any ideas on other places I can look for a solution?
>>
>> I am using Windows 7 and IE 8.0.7600.16385

Re: Google Redirect Malware IE 8
Microsoft PCSafety provides home users (only) with no-charge support in
dealing with malware infections such as viruses, spyware (including unwanted
software), and adware.
https://support.microsoft.com/oas/de...prid=7552&st=1

Also available via the Consumer Security Support home page:

Otherwise...

2a. WinXP => Run the Windows Live Safety Center's 'Protection' scan (only!)
in Safe Mode with Networking, if need be:

2b. Vista or Win7=> Run this scan instead:
http://onecare.live.com/site/en-us/center/whatsnew.htm

3. Now post the requested logs in an appropriate forum for assistance by an
expert in such matters. DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP!!

I can recommend the expert assistance offered in these forums:
http://www.bluetack.co.uk/forums/index.php, and
http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30

Dave wrote:
> I bought the computer with Vista installed and received a free upgrade to
> Windows 7.
>
> I am using Trend Micro Internet Security (ver 16.60.2031) and the
> subscription is up to date. I do not have other anti-spyware applications.
> have used several programs to try to identify the problem but have removed
> them from the system after use. (Malwarebytes; Adaware; Combofix; MS
> Security Essentials; Spybot)
>
> No third party firewall.
>
> Neither Norton nor McAfee have ever been installed on the system.
>
> The computer was new in September 2009 upgraded to Win 7 in October and
> has
> been running just fine until a couple of weeks ago. To my knowledge there
> are no other problems with the system.
>
> -Dave

>> Did you upgrade to Win7 or is it a new computer?

>> bought un
>> it)?
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>>

>> Dave wrote:
>>> I am having a very difficult time with Google Redirect Malware. When I
>>> do
>>> Google search and then click on one of the resulting articles I am taken
>>> a completely unrelated website. Fortunately my Antivirus software blocks
>>> that website but it is a real pain to not be able to visit these sites
>>> by
>>> clicking on the link.
>>>
>>> I have tried all of the malware removal programs I know of but none have
>>> found the source of this problem.
>>>
>>> I have tried Malwarebytes; Adaware; Spybot; MS Security Essentials;
>>> Trend
>>> Micro Internet Security . . . all with no results.
>>>
>>> Any ideas on other places I can look for a solution?
>>>
>>> I am using Windows 7 and IE 8.0.7600.16385

KCB

"Dave" <leenospam@otelco.net> wrote in message
> I am having a very difficult time with Google Redirect Malware. When I do
> a Google search and then click on one of the resulting articles I am taken
> to a completely unrelated website. Fortunately my Antivirus software
> blocks that website but it is a real pain to not be able to visit these
> sites by clicking on the link.
>
> I have tried all of the malware removal programs I know of but none have
> found the source of this problem.
>
> I have tried Malwarebytes; Adaware; Spybot; MS Security Essentials; Trend
> Micro Internet Security . . . all with no results.
>
> Any ideas on other places I can look for a solution?
>
> I am using Windows 7 and IE 8.0.7600.16385
>
> --
> Dave

> "Let God's promises shine on your problems." Corrie ten Boom

Have you checked Add/Remove Programs for some unknown installation? My son
installed something to change his Facebook page, and I then had banners and
I'm sorry I can't remember the name of the app, but it was easily fixed by
un-installation. Also, have you checked your Proxy settings through
Internet Options?