Save target as

JRD

Save target as
Can anyone help?

For some reason I am no longer able to right click on an internet item and
choose save target as. The save target out option is still in the list of
options but it is greyed out so I can't choose it. How do I re-activate this
option?

Thanks

John
Leonard Grey

Re: Save target as
Without knowing what "internet item" you are talking about, what version
of Internet Explorer you use or what version of Windows you have, it's
anybody's guess.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

JRD wrote:
> Can anyone help?
>
> For some reason I am no longer able to right click on an internet item and
> choose save target as. The save target out option is still in the list of
> options but it is greyed out so I can't choose it. How do I re-activate this
> option?
>
> Thanks
>
> John

SC Tom

Re: Save target as

"JRD" <JRD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Can anyone help?
>
> For some reason I am no longer able to right click on an internet item and
> choose save target as. The save target out option is still in the list of
> options but it is greyed out so I can't choose it. How do I re-activate
> this
> option?
>
> Thanks
>
> John

Along with what Leonard said, if you are trying to save, for example, a
picture on a protected site, you're not going to be able to because of
security imposed by the site author/owner.
--
SC Tom

VanguardLH

Re: Save target as
JRD wrote:

> Can anyone help?
>
> For some reason I am no longer able to right click on an internet item and
> choose save target as. The save target out option is still in the list of
> options but it is greyed out so I can't choose it. How do I re-activate this
> option?
>
> Thanks
>
> John

Give an example URL to the problematic web page and describe what object
it is that you want to save. It may not be a file-referenced picture
object and why you can't save it. No one knows what the web page
contains so no one can answer your highly vague query.

--- Posting Hints ---

ALWAYS REVIEW your message before submitting it. You want someone OTHER
than yourself to understand your post. Also remember that no one here
is looking over your shoulder to see at what you are pointing. If you
don't well explain your situation by providing the DETAILS that you
already know, don't expect others to know what is your situation.
Explain YOUR computing environment and just what actions you take to
reproduce the problem.

Often you get just one chance per potential respondent to elicit a reply
from them. If they skip your post because you gave them nothing to go
on (no details, no versions, no OS, no context) then they will usually
move on to the next post and never return to yours.

What is Usenet:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usenet
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newsgroups
http://www.masonicinfo.com/newsgroups.htm
http://www.mcfedries.com/Ramblings/usenet-primer.asp

When using a webnews-for-dummies interface (e.g., Microsoft's
Communities, Google Groups, or a leech site using a forum-to-Usenet
proxy), those are gateways to Usenet. Despite the pretense of a forum,
you are participating in a newsgroup (aka Usenet).

How to post to newsgroups:
http://66.39.69.143/goodpost.htm
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
http://www.mugsy.org/asa_faq/getting_along/usenet.shtml

Regarding error or status messages:
- Do NOT omit the message.
- Do NOT describe the message.
- Do NOT summarize the message.
- Do NOT paraphrase the message.
- Do NOT truncate the message.
- Do show the ENTIRE message (but munge or star out personal info,
like your username in an e-mail address but not the domain).
And DETAIL the steps to reproduce the error or problem.
Twayne

Re: Save target as
In news:E612D6BE-73D5-45D6-B60F-3B959F90BC8E@microsoft.com,
JRD <JRD@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
> Can anyone help?
>
> For some reason I am no longer able to right click on an
> internet item and choose save target as. The save target
> out option is still in the list of options but it is greyed
> out so I can't choose it. How do I re-activate this option?
>
> Thanks
>
> John

Is there by any chance a functional "Save As" option? If so, that will ask
you where to save it to. Depending on what you're trying to Save Target As,
it may or may not give you what you need so check to see what got saved
right away.

I don't know how to get the grayed out option back; never came across it.
You have left out too many details in order to get a good response: You
might read through these:

http://word.mvps.org/findhelp/whichnewgrp.htm

http://www.ehow.com/how_5681_post-ne...-internet.html

HTH,