Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

TV shows online

microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 06-14-2010
Jo-Anne
 

Posts: n/a
TV shows online
I have no TV and am considering watching certain programs online. I notice a
lot of websites where one can view TV shows at no charge. Any suggestions
for particularly good sites and for those I should avoid? If there's online
information about how to choose and use these sites, I'd be glad to read it.
I haven't found anything of that sort through Google so far.

Thank you!

Jo-Anne


Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 06-15-2010
Leonard Grey
 

Posts: n/a
Re: TV shows online
Open Google and type this into the search box:

watch television online
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Jo-Anne wrote:
> I have no TV and am considering watching certain programs online. I notice a
> lot of websites where one can view TV shows at no charge. Any suggestions
> for particularly good sites and for those I should avoid? If there's online
> information about how to choose and use these sites, I'd be glad to read it.
> I haven't found anything of that sort through Google so far.
>
> Thank you!
>
> Jo-Anne
>
>

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 06-15-2010
Jo-Anne
 

Posts: n/a
Re: TV shows online
I did that already, Leonard. What I got was a long list of websites where
one can watch TV. However, I found nothing about how to choose which sites
are good and which are bad (bad meaning, to me, hard to use or likely to
download malware onto your computer or to change settings that then cause
trouble).

Jo-Anne

"Leonard Grey" <l.grey@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
news:egiB59BDLHA.4388@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> Open Google and type this into the search box:
>
> watch television online
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare humanum est
>
> Jo-Anne wrote:
>> I have no TV and am considering watching certain programs online. I
>> notice a lot of websites where one can view TV shows at no charge. Any
>> suggestions for particularly good sites and for those I should avoid? If
>> there's online information about how to choose and use these sites, I'd
>> be glad to read it. I haven't found anything of that sort through Google
>> so far.
>>
>> Thank you!
>>
>> Jo-Anne



Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 06-15-2010
Bruce Hagen
 

Posts: n/a
Re: TV shows online
ABC, NBC and CBS, (probably others), have many of their shows available
for online viewing at their respective Websites. I use them now and then
when my DVR screws up.
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP [Mail]
Imperial Beach, CA


"Jo-Anne" <Jo-Anne@nowhere.com> wrote in message
news:hv6bbi$geu$1@news.eternal-september.org...
>I have no TV and am considering watching certain programs online. I
>notice a lot of websites where one can view TV shows at no charge. Any
>suggestions for particularly good sites and for those I should avoid? If
>there's online information about how to choose and use these sites, I'd
>be glad to read it. I haven't found anything of that sort through Google
>so far.
>
> Thank you!
>
> Jo-Anne
>


Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 06-15-2010
Jeff Strickland
 

Posts: n/a
Re: TV shows online
WWW.HULU.COM is worth a visit.

The trouble with the free sites is that they only (or mostly) have reruns,
they have no current live programming.

Let us know what your research uncovers.




"Jo-Anne" <Jo-Anne@nowhere.com> wrote in message
news:hv6bbi$geu$1@news.eternal-september.org...
>I have no TV and am considering watching certain programs online. I notice
>a lot of websites where one can view TV shows at no charge. Any suggestions
>for particularly good sites and for those I should avoid? If there's online
>information about how to choose and use these sites, I'd be glad to read
>it. I haven't found anything of that sort through Google so far.
>
> Thank you!
>
> Jo-Anne
>



Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 06-15-2010
Leonard Grey
 

Posts: n/a
Re: TV shows online
How should /we/ know which websites will be hard for /you/ to use?

Do you have anti-malware software installed on your computer?

---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Jo-Anne wrote:
> I did that already, Leonard. What I got was a long list of websites where
> one can watch TV. However, I found nothing about how to choose which sites
> are good and which are bad (bad meaning, to me, hard to use or likely to
> download malware onto your computer or to change settings that then cause
> trouble).
>
> Jo-Anne
>
> "Leonard Grey" <l.grey@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
> news:egiB59BDLHA.4388@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>> Open Google and type this into the search box:
>>
>> watch television online
>> ---
>> Leonard Grey
>> Errare humanum est
>>
>> Jo-Anne wrote:
>>> I have no TV and am considering watching certain programs online. I
>>> notice a lot of websites where one can view TV shows at no charge. Any
>>> suggestions for particularly good sites and for those I should avoid? If
>>> there's online information about how to choose and use these sites, I'd
>>> be glad to read it. I haven't found anything of that sort through Google
>>> so far.
>>>
>>> Thank you!
>>>
>>> Jo-Anne

>
>

Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 06-15-2010
Jo-Anne
 

Posts: n/a
Re: TV shows online
Thank you, Bruce! So you don't use Hulu or anything like that to get
programs?

Jo-Anne

"Bruce Hagen" <BRH@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
news:hv6i88$5rm$1@news.eternal-september.org...
> ABC, NBC and CBS, (probably others), have many of their shows available
> for online viewing at their respective Websites. I use them now and then
> when my DVR screws up.
> --
> Bruce Hagen
> MS-MVP [Mail]
> Imperial Beach, CA
>
>
> "Jo-Anne" <Jo-Anne@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> news:hv6bbi$geu$1@news.eternal-september.org...
>>I have no TV and am considering watching certain programs online. I notice
>>a lot of websites where one can view TV shows at no charge. Any
>>suggestions for particularly good sites and for those I should avoid? If
>>there's online information about how to choose and use these sites, I'd be
>>glad to read it. I haven't found anything of that sort through Google so
>>far.
>>
>> Thank you!
>>
>> Jo-Anne
>>

>



Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 06-15-2010
Jo-Anne
 

Posts: n/a
Re: TV shows online
Yes, I have anti-malware software. I'd prefer sites that don't attempt to
get by it, however. My question was aimed at those who might have had
experience one way or the other with viewing programs online.

Jo-Anne

"Leonard Grey" <l.grey@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
news:ekwnceCDLHA.1368@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> How should /we/ know which websites will be hard for /you/ to use?
>
> Do you have anti-malware software installed on your computer?
>
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare humanum est
>
> Jo-Anne wrote:
>> I did that already, Leonard. What I got was a long list of websites where
>> one can watch TV. However, I found nothing about how to choose which
>> sites are good and which are bad (bad meaning, to me, hard to use or
>> likely to download malware onto your computer or to change settings that
>> then cause trouble).
>>
>> Jo-Anne
>>
>> "Leonard Grey" <l.grey@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
>> news:egiB59BDLHA.4388@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>>> Open Google and type this into the search box:
>>>
>>> watch television online
>>> ---
>>> Leonard Grey
>>> Errare humanum est
>>>
>>> Jo-Anne wrote:
>>>> I have no TV and am considering watching certain programs online. I
>>>> notice a lot of websites where one can view TV shows at no charge. Any
>>>> suggestions for particularly good sites and for those I should avoid?
>>>> If there's online information about how to choose and use these sites,
>>>> I'd be glad to read it. I haven't found anything of that sort through
>>>> Google so far.
>>>>
>>>> Thank you!
>>>>
>>>> Jo-Anne

>>


Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 06-15-2010
Jo-Anne
 

Posts: n/a
Re: TV shows online
Thank you, Jeff! I just looked at Hulu. So far, I tried to find some
(ancient) episodes of Star Trek: Next Generation, but all I've seen offered
are excerpts. If I find anything good anywhere, I'll post again.

Jo-Anne

"Jeff Strickland" <crwlrjeff@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:hv6jlf$avv$1@news.eternal-september.org...
> WWW.HULU.COM is worth a visit.
>
> The trouble with the free sites is that they only (or mostly) have reruns,
> they have no current live programming.
>
> Let us know what your research uncovers.
>
>
>
>
> "Jo-Anne" <Jo-Anne@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> news:hv6bbi$geu$1@news.eternal-september.org...
>>I have no TV and am considering watching certain programs online. I notice
>>a lot of websites where one can view TV shows at no charge. Any
>>suggestions for particularly good sites and for those I should avoid? If
>>there's online information about how to choose and use these sites, I'd be
>>glad to read it. I haven't found anything of that sort through Google so
>>far.
>>
>> Thank you!
>>
>> Jo-Anne
>>

>
>



Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 06-15-2010
Bruce Hagen
 

Posts: n/a
Re: TV shows online
No. I got a good cable setup. No sense watching TV on a 24" monitor when I
can watch it on a 42".
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP [Mail]
Imperial Beach, CA


"Jo-Anne" <Jo-Anne@nowhere.com> wrote in message
news:hv6kp4$i1h$1@news.eternal-september.org...
> Thank you, Bruce! So you don't use Hulu or anything like that to get
> programs?
>
> Jo-Anne
>
> "Bruce Hagen" <BRH@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
> news:hv6i88$5rm$1@news.eternal-september.org...
>> ABC, NBC and CBS, (probably others), have many of their shows available
>> for online viewing at their respective Websites. I use them now and
>> then when my DVR screws up.
>> --
>> Bruce Hagen
>> MS-MVP [Mail]
>> Imperial Beach, CA
>>
>>
>> "Jo-Anne" <Jo-Anne@nowhere.com> wrote in message
>> news:hv6bbi$geu$1@news.eternal-september.org...
>>>I have no TV and am considering watching certain programs online. I
>>>notice a lot of websites where one can view TV shows at no charge. Any
>>>suggestions for particularly good sites and for those I should avoid?
>>>If there's online information about how to choose and use these sites,
>>>I'd be glad to read it. I haven't found anything of that sort through
>>>Google so far.
>>>
>>> Thank you!
>>>
>>> Jo-Anne
>>>

>>

>
>


Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
iPhone OS 4.0 evidence shows up online Steve Security News 0 12-15-2009 00:50
Mysterious fatal PS3 error shows up online Steve Security News 0 04-14-2008 12:10
Successful phishing attacks up, online survey shows Steve Security News 0 12-18-2007 10:51
Microsoft briefly shows online storage service BlogFeed Windows Vista Blogs Forum 0 05-15-2007 10:18




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 15:42.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120