Bill P;153392 Wrote:
> I have just upgraded my outlook to 2007. But before this I have notices
> IE8 freezes on occassions. It wont shut down some times and I have to
> CTrl Alt Del.
> Since upgrading outlook to 2007, it will not allow me to send a page by
> or send a page.
> Any surgestions?
Are you running Internet Explorer 8?
If so and you find IE is Freezing or Crashing frequently, here are some
trouble-shooting steps you may try:
1. Run your anti-virus and an anti-spyware, to check for malware
infections. Microsoft Security Essentials is a good freeware AV from
2. Clear Cache. Or else run your Junk Cleaner or CCleaner. In IE 7 or
8, click Tools > Internet options > Security > Reset all Zones to
3. If still you find your IE giving problems, close it and run IE (No
Add-ons). This opens up the browser without loading any add-ons,
toolbars or plug-ins.
4. Run sfc /sc¬annow and at the end reboot if asked for. This will
replace corrupted system files if any.
If you find it running OK, then the problem is most probably caused by
an addon. In that case you have two options :
- Use the manage Add-ons tool, and disable each one after the other to
find out which one is causing the problem.
- In Internet Options, go to Advanced Tab and click on Reset tab.
Restart IE. This step deletes all temp files, disables any add-ons,
plug-ins, toolbars and also resets all changed settings to default.
Although this is a quick-fix, you will have to re-install the add-ons.
I hope this helps!
IE Outreach Team
Posted via http://www.win7heads.com