IE 8 Freezes and wont shut down or allow u to attach a page as a l

Bill P

IE 8 Freezes and wont shut down or allow u to attach a page as a l
Hi

I have just upgraded my outlook to 2007. But before this I have notices that
IE8 freezes on occassions. It wont shut down some times and I have to use
CTrl Alt Del.

Since upgrading outlook to 2007, it will not allow me to send a page by link
or send a page.

Any surgestions?
Leonard Grey

Re: IE 8 Freezes and wont shut down or allow u to attach a page asa l
Every software application "freezes on occasion". If you can describe a
specific situation when IE 8 freezes consistently, we can try to help.
Otherwise, it's anyone's guess.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Bill P wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have just upgraded my outlook to 2007. But before this I have notices that
> IE8 freezes on occassions. It wont shut down some times and I have to use
> CTrl Alt Del.
>
> Since upgrading outlook to 2007, it will not allow me to send a page by link
> or send a page.
>
> Any surgestions?

Re: IE 8 Freezes and wont shut down or allow u to attach a page as a l
Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) as well as your IE version
when posting in an IE-specific forum or newsgroup. Please do so in your next
reply.

What third-party firewall (if any)?

Has a(nother) Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on this
it)?

> Any surgestions?

PS: Ur spiel chukkers broke two.

Bill P wrote:
> I have just upgraded my outlook to 2007. But before this I have notices
> that
> IE8 freezes on occassions. It wont shut down some times and I have to use
> CTrl Alt Del.
>
> Since upgrading outlook to 2007, it will not allow me to send a page by
> link
> or send a page.
>
> Any surgestions?

bryn_ie8team

Bill P;153392 Wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have just upgraded my outlook to 2007. But before this I have notices
> that
> IE8 freezes on occassions. It wont shut down some times and I have to
> use
> CTrl Alt Del.
>
> Since upgrading outlook to 2007, it will not allow me to send a page by
> link
> or send a page.
>
> Any surgestions?

Are you running Internet Explorer 8?
If so and you find IE is Freezing or Crashing frequently, here are some
trouble-shooting steps you may try:

1. Run your anti-virus and an anti-spyware, to check for malware
infections. Microsoft Security Essentials is a good freeware AV from
Microsoft.
2. Clear Cache. Or else run your Junk Cleaner or CCleaner. In IE 7 or
8, click Tools > Internet options > Security > Reset all Zones to
Default level
3. If still you find your IE giving problems, close it and run IE (No
Add-ons). This opens up the browser without loading any add-ons,
toolbars or plug-ins.
4. Run sfc /sc¬annow and at the end reboot if asked for. This will
replace corrupted system files if any.
If you find it running OK, then the problem is most probably caused by
an addon. In that case you have two options :
- Use the manage Add-ons tool, and disable each one after the other to
find out which one is causing the problem.
- In Internet Options, go to Advanced Tab and click on Reset tab.
Restart IE. This step deletes all temp files, disables any add-ons,
plug-ins, toolbars and also resets all changed settings to default.
Although this is a quick-fix, you will have to re-install the add-ons.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
Bryn
IE Outreach Team

--
bryn_ie8team

bryn_ie8team wrote:
> Bill P;153392 Wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> I have just upgraded my outlook to 2007. But before this I have notices
>> that
>> IE8 freezes on occassions. It wont shut down some times and I have to
>> use
>> CTrl Alt Del.
>>
>> Since upgrading outlook to 2007, it will not allow me to send a page by
>> link
>> or send a page.
>>
>> Any surgestions?

> Are you running Internet Explorer 8?...

Gee, what's the topic of this thread, Bryn?