video full-screen problem

Jo-Anne

video full-screen problem
I've been watching videos and webcams on my three WinXP computers--two of
them using IE7 and one using IE8. I'm having a problem with one of the IE7
computers.

Until recently, I was able to toggle full-screen on and off. For the last
several days, however, when I click on "Toggle fullscreen" on one of the
computers, I get nothing but a blank white screen. The other two computers
are working fine.

Any idea of what could be wrong?

Thank you!

Jo-Anne

Donald Anadell

Re: video full-screen problem

"Jo-Anne" <Jo-Anne@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> I've been watching videos and webcams on my three WinXP computers--two of
> them using IE7 and one using IE8. I'm having a problem with one of the IE7
> computers.
>
> Until recently, I was able to toggle full-screen on and off. For the last
> several days, however, when I click on "Toggle fullscreen" on one of the
> computers, I get nothing but a blank white screen. The other two computers
> are working fine.
>
> Any idea of what could be wrong?

If it's a Flash Video file that results in a blank white screen when you
toggle it to full screen, you may need to uncheck hardware acceleration in
the Flash Player .

While viewing a Flash Video in it's normal window, right click on the video
and choose "Settings". Then remove the checkmark from "Use Hardware
Acceleration".

Good luck,

Donald Anadell

> Thank you!
>
> Jo-Anne

Jo-Anne

"Donald Anadell" <danadell@nospamersmikrotec.com> wrote in message

> "Jo-Anne" <Jo-Anne@nowhere.com> wrote in message
>> I've been watching videos and webcams on my three WinXP computers--two of
>> them using IE7 and one using IE8. I'm having a problem with one of the
>> IE7 computers.
>>
>> Until recently, I was able to toggle full-screen on and off. For the last
>> several days, however, when I click on "Toggle fullscreen" on one of the
>> computers, I get nothing but a blank white screen. The other two
>> computers are working fine.
>>
>> Any idea of what could be wrong?

> If it's a Flash Video file that results in a blank white screen when you
> toggle it to full screen, you may need to uncheck hardware acceleration in
> the Flash Player .
>
> While viewing a Flash Video in it's normal window, right click on the
> video and choose "Settings". Then remove the checkmark from "Use Hardware
> Acceleration".
>
> Good luck,
>
> Donald Anadell

Thank you, Donald! I can't find a Hardware Acceleration setting, though--at
least not by name. What I see is a slider bar for "Local storage: How much
information can xxx store on your computer?" The slider appears to be at
100KB, although below that it says "Currently used: 11KB."

There are five icons at the bottom of the settings screen, but there are no
labels. The icon farthest left looks like a monitor with something in the
center, the next a monitor with two somethings in the center, the next an
open folder, the next a kite or perhaps a mouse, and the farthest right a
crystal ball. (My descriptions are probably wrong, but they're the closest I
can come to what appears.)

Is one of these icons what I need to click on to stop hardware acceleration?

For what it's worth, this problem may have started when I did a Flash Player
update.

Thank you again!

> "Donald Anadell" <danadell@nospamersmikrotec.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Jo-Anne" <Jo-Anne@nowhere.com> wrote in message
>>> I've been watching videos and webcams on my three WinXP computers--two
>>> of them using IE7 and one using IE8. I'm having a problem with one of
>>> the IE7 computers.
>>>
>>> Until recently, I was able to toggle full-screen on and off. For the
>>> last several days, however, when I click on "Toggle fullscreen" on one
>>> of the computers, I get nothing but a blank white screen. The other two
>>> computers are working fine.
>>>
>>> Any idea of what could be wrong?

>> If it's a Flash Video file that results in a blank white screen when you
>> toggle it to full screen, you may need to uncheck hardware acceleration
>> in the Flash Player .
>>
>> While viewing a Flash Video in it's normal window, right click on the
>> video and choose "Settings". Then remove the checkmark from "Use
>> Hardware Acceleration".
>>
>> Good luck,
>>
>> Donald Anadell
>>

> Thank you, Donald! I can't find a Hardware Acceleration setting,
> though--at least not by name. What I see is a slider bar for "Local
> storage: How much information can xxx store on your computer?" The slider
> appears to be at 100KB, although below that it says "Currently used:
> 11KB."
>
> There are five icons at the bottom of the settings screen, but there are
> no labels. The icon farthest left looks like a monitor with something in
> the center,

Click on that icon at the far left that looks like a monitor screen, the
hardware acceleration setting should be on that tab.

Good luck,

Donald Anadell

> the next a monitor with two somethings in the center, the next an open
> folder, the next a kite or perhaps a mouse, and the farthest right a
> crystal ball. (My descriptions are probably wrong, but they're the closest
> I can come to what appears.)
>
> Is one of these icons what I need to click on to stop hardware
> acceleration?
>
> For what it's worth, this problem may have started when I did a Flash
> Player update.
>
> Thank you again!
>
> Jo-Anne

Jo-Anne

> "Jo-Anne" <Jo-Anne@nowhere.com> wrote in message
>> "Donald Anadell" <danadell@nospamersmikrotec.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Jo-Anne" <Jo-Anne@nowhere.com> wrote in message

>>> If it's a Flash Video file that results in a blank white screen when you
>>> toggle it to full screen, you may need to uncheck hardware acceleration
>>> in the Flash Player .
>>>
>>> While viewing a Flash Video in it's normal window, right click on the
>>> video and choose "Settings". Then remove the checkmark from "Use
>>> Hardware Acceleration".
>>>
>>> Good luck,
>>>
>>> Donald Anadell
>>>

>> Thank you, Donald! I can't find a Hardware Acceleration setting,
>> though--at least not by name. What I see is a slider bar for "Local
>> storage: How much information can xxx store on your computer?" The slider
>> appears to be at 100KB, although below that it says "Currently used:
>> 11KB."
>>
>> There are five icons at the bottom of the settings screen, but there are
>> no labels. The icon farthest left looks like a monitor with something in
>> the center,

> Click on that icon at the far left that looks like a monitor screen, the
> hardware acceleration setting should be on that tab.
>
> Good luck,
>
> Donald Anadell

YES! It worked! Thank you, Donald!

> "Donald Anadell" <danadell@nospamersmikrotec.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Jo-Anne" <Jo-Anne@nowhere.com> wrote in message
>>> "Donald Anadell" <danadell@nospamersmikrotec.com> wrote in message

>>> Thank you, Donald! I can't find a Hardware Acceleration setting,
>>> though--at least not by name. What I see is a slider bar for "Local
>>> storage: How much information can xxx store on your computer?" The
>>> slider appears to be at 100KB, although below that it says "Currently
>>> used: 11KB."
>>>
>>> There are five icons at the bottom of the settings screen, but there are
>>> no labels. The icon farthest left looks like a monitor with something in
>>> the center,

>> Click on that icon at the far left that looks like a monitor screen, the
>> hardware acceleration setting should be on that tab.
>>
>> Good luck,
>>
>> Donald Anadell
>>

> YES! It worked! Thank you, Donald!

You're welcome Jo-Anne, glad you got it sorted out.

Good luck,

Donald Anadell