Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

MS public ie beta ? where did it go ?

microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 06-13-2010
Bubey
 

Posts: n/a
MS public ie beta ? where did it go ?
Where did the "Microsoft.public.internetexplorer.beta go ?

I posted on this site but can't find it now........Thanks !
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 06-13-2010
Bruce Hagen
 

Posts: n/a
Re: MS public ie beta ? where did it go ?

"Bubey" <catlov@earthlink.net> wrote in message
news:eTLWySyCLHA.5584@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> Where did the "Microsoft.public.internetexplorer.beta go ?
>
> I posted on this site but can't find it now........Thanks !



Where a lot of groups have gone, and the rest will be following.

Microsoft Responds to the Evolution of Communities
http://www.microsoft.com/communities...s/default.mspx

This is the list of newsgroups that were closed in the first wave.
http://www.microsoft.com/communities...s/default.aspx

You can still access the groups on some non-MS servers such as Eternal
September, but how long the quality of questions and replies lasts is
unknown.

Eternal September
http://www.newsgroupreviews.com/eternal-september.html

The replacement forums.

Microsoft Answers - First Time Users
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspx
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP [Mail]
Imperial Beach, CA

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 06-13-2010
Bob
 

Posts: n/a
Re: MS public ie beta ? where did it go ?
It didn't go anywhere. It's just no longer available on the ms news server.

Try http://www.eternal-september.org/


"Bubey" <catlov@earthlink.net> wrote in message
news:eTLWySyCLHA.5584@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> Where did the "Microsoft.public.internetexplorer.beta go ?
>
> I posted on this site but can't find it now........Thanks !


Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 06-14-2010
Bubey
 

Posts: n/a
Re: MS public ie beta ? where did it go ?
Thanks for the info. I get the impression these new groups are more for
techie's than the home users.

"Bruce Hagen" <BRH@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
news:hv37mk$git$1@news.eternal-september.org...

"Bubey" <catlov@earthlink.net> wrote in message
news:eTLWySyCLHA.5584@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> Where did the "Microsoft.public.internetexplorer.beta go ?
>
> I posted on this site but can't find it now........Thanks !



Where a lot of groups have gone, and the rest will be following.

Microsoft Responds to the Evolution of Communities
http://www.microsoft.com/communities...s/default.mspx

This is the list of newsgroups that were closed in the first wave.
http://www.microsoft.com/communities...s/default.aspx

You can still access the groups on some non-MS servers such as Eternal
September, but how long the quality of questions and replies lasts is
unknown.

Eternal September
http://www.newsgroupreviews.com/eternal-september.html

The replacement forums.

Microsoft Answers - First Time Users
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspx
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP [Mail]
Imperial Beach, CA

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 06-14-2010
Bruce Hagen
 

Posts: n/a
Re: MS public ie beta ? where did it go ?
They are fine for the casual user that needs to ask a question now and
then. For us that work them, it is much more time consuming. The one big
plus is that trolls and spammers are quickly dealt with.

There is a tool to make them appear as a newsgroup. It is not the best
option for posting, but you can view the messages as you do now.

NNTP Bridge Client Connection
https://connect.microsoft.com/site/s...&wa=wsignin1.0
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP [Mail]
Imperial Beach, CA


"Bubey" <catlov@earthlink.net> wrote in message
news:%23NRh4p2CLHA.5436@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> Thanks for the info. I get the impression these new groups are more for
> techie's than the home users.
>
> "Bruce Hagen" <BRH@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
> news:hv37mk$git$1@news.eternal-september.org...
>
> "Bubey" <catlov@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> news:eTLWySyCLHA.5584@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>> Where did the "Microsoft.public.internetexplorer.beta go ?
>>
>> I posted on this site but can't find it now........Thanks !

>
>
> Where a lot of groups have gone, and the rest will be following.
>
> Microsoft Responds to the Evolution of Communities
> http://www.microsoft.com/communities...s/default.mspx
>
> This is the list of newsgroups that were closed in the first wave.
> http://www.microsoft.com/communities...s/default.aspx
>
> You can still access the groups on some non-MS servers such as Eternal
> September, but how long the quality of questions and replies lasts is
> unknown.
>
> Eternal September
> http://www.newsgroupreviews.com/eternal-september.html
>
> The replacement forums.
>
> Microsoft Answers - First Time Users
> http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspx
> --
> Bruce Hagen
> MS-MVP [Mail]
> Imperial Beach, CA
>


Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Windows 7 Public Beta Dave microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance maintenance 2 01-24-2009 04:13
IE8 Beta Released To Public Steve General Technology News 0 08-28-2008 13:50
FCS Public Beta DL microsoft.public.security.forefront 2 10-14-2007 22:30
I Want my Windows 2008 Server Beta Public Beta - Just FYI Mrs. Right Wing microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 0 07-20-2007 00:26




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:14.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120