Horizontal Scrollbar does not appear on some sites

AirForce9797

Horizontal Scrollbar does not appear on some sites
I'm running Windows7 and if I dock IE8 to one side of my desktop there's no
scrollbar to allow seeing all the content on the page. The vertical scrollbar
is present. Is there a setting smoewhere that will correct this? Here's a
sample URL:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/descapa/

bwatkins0312

RE: Horizontal Scrollbar does not appear on some sites
What program are you using to "dock" the IE window?

You imply the vertical scollbar is still present so you can see up and down,
but the horizontal scrollbar is missing so you can't see left to right?
Increase your screen resolution.
Robert Aldwinckle

"AirForce9797" <AirForce9797@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm running Windows7 and if I dock IE8 to one side of my desktop there's
> no
> scrollbar to allow seeing all the content on the page. The vertical
> scrollbar
> is present. Is there a setting smoewhere that will correct this? Here's a
> sample URL:
>

> http://blogs.msdn.com/b/descapa/

It probably knows your screen size. E.g. pressing F11 makes horizontal
scrollbars unnecessary for me.

SC Tom

Re: Horizontal Scrollbar does not appear on some sites

"AirForce9797" <AirForce9797@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm running Windows7 and if I dock IE8 to one side of my desktop there's
> no
> scrollbar to allow seeing all the content on the page. The vertical
> scrollbar
> is present. Is there a setting smoewhere that will correct this? Here's a
> sample URL:
>
> http://blogs.msdn.com/b/descapa/

I think it's the fault of that website. I don't get the horizontal scrollbar
on that page either, but other sites, such as Amazon, do have it when IE is
docked to either side. Even if I just resize the IE window, there's no
horizontal scrollbar on your link.

To bwatkins0312: Windows 7 is the program used for docking. Use the Windows
key+ the right arrow to dock to the right side of the screen. Screen
resolution doesn't have anything to do with it in this case.
--
SC Tom

VanguardLH

AirForce9797 wrote:

> I'm running Windows7 and if I dock IE8 to one side of my desktop
> there's no scrollbar to allow seeing all the content on the page. The
> vertical scrollbar is present. Is there a setting smoewhere that
> will correct this? Here's a sample URL:
>
> http:// blogs. msdn. com/ b/ descapa/

Complain to the web page's owner. They deliberately chose NOT to allow
scrolling.

<iframe ... scrolling="no"></iframe>
Jeff Strickland

Re: Horizontal Scrollbar does not appear on some sites
If the Zoom Ratio allows a page to fit on the screen without the need to
scroll to the side, the scroll bar will go away.

"AirForce9797" <AirForce9797@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm running Windows7 and if I dock IE8 to one side of my desktop there's
> no
> scrollbar to allow seeing all the content on the page. The vertical
> scrollbar
> is present. Is there a setting smoewhere that will correct this? Here's a
> sample URL:
>
> http://blogs.msdn.com/b/descapa/

undisclosed

Re: Horizontal Scrollbar does not appear on some sites

Hi

They have this code in there site
frameborder="0" width="400" scrolling="no"></iframe></p>*

Thats what causing it not to work, it is not a setting you can change.
*

--
JAM_EZZ
Jeff Strickland

Re: Horizontal Scrollbar does not appear on some sites

"AirForce9797" <AirForce9797@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm running Windows7 and if I dock IE8 to one side of my desktop there's
> no
> scrollbar to allow seeing all the content on the page. The vertical
> scrollbar
> is present. Is there a setting smoewhere that will correct this? Here's a
> sample URL:
>
> http://blogs.msdn.com/b/descapa/

Against my better judgement, I followed the link you gave.

The developer is an idiot, he/she left the horizontal scroll out of his/her
code.

If I view the page at 100% on a wide screen monitor, there is no need to
scroll at 100% Zoom. What the developer did not accomodate is a 4:3 display
or a Zoom Ratio that causes the right side margin to go off the screen.

My original answer remains, if the page fits within the window, the scroll
bar will go away -- assuming the page was written properly.

Visit a well-regarded Website -- Yahoo, MSN, Google, etc. -- and experiment
with setting the Zoom Level. Also switch between Normal Window and
Maximized, and drag the sides in and out of the Normal Window.

The fact that you notice this on some sites but not others indicates the
sites themselves are causing the problem.

Jeff Strickland

<undisclosed> wrote in message

> Hi
>
> They have this code in there site
> frameborder="0" width="400" scrolling="no"></iframe></p>*
>
> Thats what causing it not to work, it is not a setting you can change.
> *

Yeah, I saw that.

I can't imagine why a developer would use that line of code without also
constraining the size of the window and the space that the page demands to
display properly. But, some developers know more than they understand, I
suppose.

undisclosed

Jeff Strickland;1783759 Wrote:
> <undisclosed> wrote in message
> >
> > Hi
> >
> > They have this code in there site
> > frameborder="0" width="400" scrolling="no"></iframe></p>*
> >
> > Thats what causing it not to work, it is not a setting you can

> change.
> > *
> >

> Yeah, I saw that.
>
> I can't imagine why a developer would use that line of code without
> also
> constraining the size of the window and the space that the page demands
> display properly. But, some developers know more than they understand,
> suppose.

sorry i actually tried to delete my comment as i was only repeating
what someone had already said. Doesnt make any sense though, i would
guess its just a bad theme there using.

--
JAM_EZZ