Just more problems with IE 8

Shep

Just more problems with IE 8
I have IE 8 as my default web browser and from time to time it won't do
things and I get messages telling me it won't do it. The only problem is
the reasons are not valid, I know this because I have checked and my and I
do have the latest version of the Macromedia Flash Player. The page works
in Firefox and also in Google Chrome but not in IE 8 , I get this message
when I try to open this webpage in my default browser IE 8

"The Camtasia Studio video content presented here requires JavaScript to be
enabled and the latest version of the Macromedia Flash Player. If you are
you using a browser with JavaScript disabled please enable it now.
Otherwise, please update your version of the free Flash Player by
downloading here."

I've checked everything I can think of in IE 8 and I can't get it to work,
for some reason Macromedia Flash and IE 8 don't like to work together.
Does anyone have any fixes or work arounds for this issue?

KCB

Re: Just more problems with IE 8

"Shep" <my@isp.com> wrote in message
> I have IE 8 as my default web browser and from time to time it won't do
> things and I get messages telling me it won't do it. The only problem is
> the reasons are not valid, I know this because I have checked and my and I
> do have the latest version of the Macromedia Flash Player. The page works
> in Firefox and also in Google Chrome but not in IE 8 , I get this message
> when I try to open this webpage in my default browser IE 8
>
> "The Camtasia Studio video content presented here requires JavaScript to
> be enabled and the latest version of the Macromedia Flash Player. If you
> are you using a browser with JavaScript disabled please enable it now.
> Otherwise, please update your version of the free Flash Player by
> downloading here."
>
> I've checked everything I can think of in IE 8 and I can't get it to work,
> for some reason Macromedia Flash and IE 8 don't like to work together.
> Does anyone have any fixes or work arounds for this issue?

Are you using 64-bit IE8? It will not load add-ons. If this is the case,
just use 32-bit IE8 instead. Both versions of the browser are included with
Win7/64.

Shep

"KCB" <bcgc_qc@hootmail.com> wrote in message

> "Shep" <my@isp.com> wrote in message
>> I have IE 8 as my default web browser and from time to time it won't do
>> things and I get messages telling me it won't do it. The only problem is
>> the reasons are not valid, I know this because I have checked and my and
>> I do have the latest version of the Macromedia Flash Player. The page
>> works in Firefox and also in Google Chrome but not in IE 8 , I get this
>> message when I try to open this webpage in my default browser IE 8
>>
>> "The Camtasia Studio video content presented here requires JavaScript to
>> be enabled and the latest version of the Macromedia Flash Player. If you
>> are you using a browser with JavaScript disabled please enable it now.
>> Otherwise, please update your version of the free Flash Player by
>> downloading here."
>>
>> I've checked everything I can think of in IE 8 and I can't get it to
>> work, for some reason Macromedia Flash and IE 8 don't like to work
>> together. Does anyone have any fixes or work arounds for this issue?
>>

> Are you using 64-bit IE8? It will not load add-ons. If this is the case,
> just use 32-bit IE8 instead. Both versions of the browser are included
> with Win7/64.

using 32 with XP Pro

Re: Just more problems with IE 8
Assuming WinXP SP3...

Internet Explorer freezes or crashes (access page via IE8 32-bit only & run
the Fix It)
http://support.microsoft.com/gp/ie_freezes_or_crashes

1. Does the behavior persist if you start IE in No Add-ons mode?

Explorer (No add-ons).

Troubleshooting and Internet Explorerís (No Add-ons) Mode [Applies to IE7 &
IE8 in all OSS]

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...lorer-settings

3. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your

it)?

> I do have the latest version of the Macromedia Flash Player

First of all, it's Adobe Flash Player now. Second, are you sure about that?
cf. http://www.adobe.com/support/securit...apsb10-14.html

More...

Troubleshoot Flash Player installation for Windows
http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/191/tn_19166.html

Troubleshooting Player stability and performance
http://blogs.adobe.com/jd/2010/02/tr...r_stabili.html

Flash Player Support Forum
http://forums.adobe.com/community/we...s/flash_player

Shep wrote:
> I have IE 8 as my default web browser and from time to time it won't do
> things and I get messages telling me it won't do it. The only problem is
> the reasons are not valid, I know this because I have checked and my and I
> do have the latest version of the Macromedia Flash Player. The page works
> in Firefox and also in Google Chrome but not in IE 8 , I get this message
> when I try to open this webpage in my default browser IE 8
>
> "The Camtasia Studio video content presented here requires JavaScript to
> be
> enabled and the latest version of the Macromedia Flash Player. If you are
> you using a browser with JavaScript disabled please enable it now.
> Otherwise, please update your version of the free Flash Player by
> downloading here."
>
> I've checked everything I can think of in IE 8 and I can't get it to work,
> for some reason Macromedia Flash and IE 8 don't like to work together.
> Does anyone have any fixes or work arounds for this issue?

bwatkins0312

RE: Just more problems with IE 8
are you on some sort of "slave" computer on a network of a company or
organization? They may have features disabled by default via group policy.
Shep

Re: Just more problems with IE 8
Nope, my home computer
"bwatkins0312" <bwatkins0312@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> are you on some sort of "slave" computer on a network of a company or
> organization? They may have features disabled by default via group
> policy.

Shep

Re: Just more problems with IE 8
Not having any freezes oe crashes, IE 8 just says that I don't have lestest
flash installed when I do.
> Assuming WinXP SP3...
>
> Internet Explorer freezes or crashes (access page via IE8 32-bit only &
> run the Fix It)
> http://support.microsoft.com/gp/ie_freezes_or_crashes
>
> 1. Does the behavior persist if you start IE in No Add-ons mode?

> Explorer (No add-ons).
>
> Troubleshooting and Internet Explorerís (No Add-ons) Mode [Applies to IE7
> & IE8 in all OSS]

> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737
> http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...lorer-settings
>
> 3. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your
> Defender)? What third-party firewall (if any)? Were any of these
> applications running in the background when you installed IE8?
>
> 4. Has a(nother) Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on this
> it)?
>
>> I do have the latest version of the Macromedia Flash Player

> First of all, it's Adobe Flash Player now. Second, are you sure about
> that? cf. http://www.adobe.com/support/securit...apsb10-14.html
>
> More...
>
> Troubleshoot Flash Player installation for Windows
> http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/191/tn_19166.html
>
> Troubleshooting Player stability and performance
> http://blogs.adobe.com/jd/2010/02/tr...r_stabili.html
>
> Flash Player Support Forum
> http://forums.adobe.com/community/we...s/flash_player
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>

> Shep wrote:
>> I have IE 8 as my default web browser and from time to time it won't do
>> things and I get messages telling me it won't do it. The only problem is
>> the reasons are not valid, I know this because I have checked and my and
>> do have the latest version of the Macromedia Flash Player. The page
>> works
>> in Firefox and also in Google Chrome but not in IE 8 , I get this message
>> when I try to open this webpage in my default browser IE 8
>>
>> "The Camtasia Studio video content presented here requires JavaScript to
>> be
>> enabled and the latest version of the Macromedia Flash Player. If you are
>> you using a browser with JavaScript disabled please enable it now.
>> Otherwise, please update your version of the free Flash Player by
>> downloading here."
>>
>> I've checked everything I can think of in IE 8 and I can't get it to
>> work,
>> for some reason Macromedia Flash and IE 8 don't like to work together.
>> Does anyone have any fixes or work arounds for this issue?

Robert Aldwinckle

Re: Just more problems with IE 8

"Shep" <my@isp.com> wrote in message
> I have IE 8 as my default web browser and from time to time it won't do
> things and I get messages telling me it won't do it. The only problem is
> the reasons are not valid, I know this because I have checked and my and I
> do have the latest version of the Macromedia Flash Player. The page works
> in Firefox and also in Google Chrome but not in IE 8 ,

> I get this message when I try to open this webpage in my default browser
> IE 8

Which webpage?

> "The Camtasia Studio video content presented here requires JavaScript to
> be enabled and the latest version of the Macromedia Flash Player. If you
> are you using a browser with JavaScript disabled please enable it now.
> Otherwise, please update your version of the free Flash Player by
> downloading here."

Some sites make assumptions about what your browser's capabilities are based
on how they parse your User-Agent string. If they can't parse your
User-Agent string (e.g. if it is too long or has nested parentheses, etc.)
they may assume that your browser has no capabilities, hence no script
support.

> I've checked everything I can think of in IE 8 and I can't get it to work,
> for some reason Macromedia Flash and IE 8 don't like to work together.
> Does anyone have any fixes or work arounds for this issue?

Use UAPic to test with a User-Agent string that you know works with that
site and see if your symptoms change.

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
---

Re: Just more problems with IE 8
You may have missed...

Shep wrote:
> Not having any freezes oe crashes, IE 8 just says that I don't have
> lestest
> flash installed when I do.
>
>> Assuming WinXP SP3...
>>
>> Internet Explorer freezes or crashes (access page via IE8 32-bit only &
>> run the Fix It)
>> http://support.microsoft.com/gp/ie_freezes_or_crashes
>>
>> 1. Does the behavior persist if you start IE in No Add-ons mode?

>> Explorer (No add-ons).
>>
>> Troubleshooting and Internet Explorerís (No Add-ons) Mode [Applies to IE7
>> & IE8 in all OSS]

>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737
>> http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...lorer-settings
>>
>> 3. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your
>> applications running in the background when you installed IE8?
>>
>> 4. Has a(nother) Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on this
>> bought
>> it)?
>>
>>> I do have the latest version of the Macromedia Flash Player

>> First of all, it's Adobe Flash Player now. Second, are you sure about
>> that? cf. http://www.adobe.com/support/securit...apsb10-14.html
>>
>> More...
>>
>> Troubleshoot Flash Player installation for Windows
>> http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/191/tn_19166.html
>>
>> Troubleshooting Player stability and performance
>> http://blogs.adobe.com/jd/2010/02/tr...r_stabili.html
>>
>> Flash Player Support Forum
>> http://forums.adobe.com/community/we...s/flash_player
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>>

>> Shep wrote:
>>> I have IE 8 as my default web browser and from time to time it won't do
>>> things and I get messages telling me it won't do it. The only problem
>>> is
>>> the reasons are not valid, I know this because I have checked and my and
>>> do have the latest version of the Macromedia Flash Player. The page
>>> works
>>> in Firefox and also in Google Chrome but not in IE 8 , I get this
>>> message
>>> when I try to open this webpage in my default browser IE 8
>>>
>>> "The Camtasia Studio video content presented here requires JavaScript to
>>> be
>>> enabled and the latest version of the Macromedia Flash Player. If you
>>> are
>>> you using a browser with JavaScript disabled please enable it now.
>>> Otherwise, please update your version of the free Flash Player by
>>> downloading here."
>>>
>>> I've checked everything I can think of in IE 8 and I can't get it to
>>> work,
>>> for some reason Macromedia Flash and IE 8 don't like to work together.
>>> Does anyone have any fixes or work arounds for this issue?

Shep

Re: Just more problems with IE 8
yes still happens, Avira, NO
> You may have missed...
>
>>> 1. Does the behavior persist if you start IE in No Add-ons mode?
>>>
>>> => Start | (All) Programs | Accessories | System Tools | Internet
>>> Explorer (No add-ons).
>>>
>>> Troubleshooting and Internet Explorerís (No Add-ons) Mode [Applies to
>>> IE7
>>> & IE8 in all OSS]
>>> http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2006/07/25/678113.aspx
>>>
>>> 2. Does the behavior persist if you Reset IE Advanced settings (RIES)?
>>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737
>>> http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...lorer-settings
>>>
>>> 3. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is
>>> your
>>> subscription current? What anti-spyware applications (other than
>>> Defender)? What third-party firewall (if any)? Were any of these
>>> applications running in the background when you installed IE8?
>>>
>>> 4. Has a(nother) Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on
>>> this
>>> machine (e.g., a free-trial version that came preinstalled when you
>>> bought