I now have a blue bar under the menu bar in IE8

Cal Who

I now have a blue bar under the menu bar in IE8
I'm running IE8.

I think I allowed some toolbar to be added a couple of days ago. Can't
remember what it was. Might have been with a java update.

Anyway, I now have a blue bar under the menu bar in IE8 that says
Downloading the latest applications

Been like that at least since yesterday.

Do you know what is going on and how to fix it?

Thanks

I mistakingly sent this first to the windows ng

Jeff Strickland

Re: I now have a blue bar under the menu bar in IE8
Right click on the area where the Menu/Tool Bars live (a blank portion, not
on an icon) and turn the bars off until you get the right one.

" Cal Who" <CalWho@roadrunner.com> wrote in message
> I'm running IE8.
>
> I think I allowed some toolbar to be added a couple of days ago. Can't
> remember what it was. Might have been with a java update.
>
> Anyway, I now have a blue bar under the menu bar in IE8 that says
> Downloading the latest applications
>
> Been like that at least since yesterday.
>
> Do you know what is going on and how to fix it?
>

> Thanks
>
> I mistakingly sent this first to the windows ng

Re: I now have a blue bar under the menu bar in IE8
If you must make identical posts to multiple newsgroups, please cross-post
one (1) message to all of them. Thank you.

Multiposting vs Crossposting:

================================

1. Does the behavior persist if you start IE in No Add-ons mode?

Explorer (No add-ons).

Troubleshooting and Internet Explorer’s (No Add-ons) Mode [Applies to IE7 &
IE8 in all OSS]

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...lorer-settings

3. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your
What third-party firewall (if any)?

it)?

Cal Who wrote:
> I'm running IE8.
>
> I think I allowed some toolbar to be added a couple of days ago. Can't
> remember what it was. Might have been with a java update.
>
> Anyway, I now have a blue bar under the menu bar in IE8 that says
> Downloading the latest applications
>
> Been like that at least since yesterday.
>
> Do you know what is going on and how to fix it?
>

> Thanks
>
> I mistakingly sent this first to the windows ng

Cal Who

Re: I now have a blue bar under the menu bar in IE8
Thanks you, I hit it the first time. MSN

> If you must make identical posts to multiple newsgroups, please cross-post
> one (1) message to all of them. Thank you.

You must have missed this

>> I mistakingly sent this first to the windows ng

Rob

Cal Who <CalWhoNOSPAM@roadrunner.com> wrote:

>> If you must make identical posts to multiple newsgroups, please cross-post
>> one (1) message to all of them. Thank you.
>>

> You must have missed this
>>>
>>> I mistakingly sent this first to the windows ng

He always pastes boilerplate text in his responses, which often is
not really appropriate for the situation at hand.

He also likes to dictate how others use the newsgroups. For example,
on your post he will likely comment that you should always quote his
entire text and put all your responses above it, rather than keep
only the relevant part and answer inbetween.

Of course he has no authority to dictate anything you do or don't
do in the newsgroup.