Explorer Problem

Blackstream

Explorer Problem
Whenever I open Explorer, it generally opens another window on it's own that
takes me to some ad site or news site. When i use the search function,
whatever link I click on gets redirected to someother site. I've tried the
security fixes through Microsoft and they only partially remove whatever bug
is in the system. Anyone have an idea where to find these bugs and how to
remove them?
Leonard Grey

Re: Explorer Problem
<lol> Your computer is infected by adware.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Blackstream wrote:
> Whenever I open Explorer, it generally opens another window on it's own that
> takes me to some ad site or news site. When i use the search function,
> whatever link I click on gets redirected to someother site. I've tried the
> security fixes through Microsoft and they only partially remove whatever bug
> is in the system. Anyone have an idea where to find these bugs and how to
> remove them?

Re: Explorer Problem
Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) as well as your IE version
when posting in an IE-specific forum or newsgroup. Please do so in your next
reply.

One assumes you refer to Internet Explorer, not Windows Explorer.

There is a very good chance that you are seeing the effects of a hijackware
infection!

Microsoft PCSafety provides home users (only) with no-charge support in
dealing with malware infections such as viruses, spyware (including unwanted
software), and adware.
https://support.microsoft.com/oas/de...prid=7552&st=1

Also available via the Consumer Security Support home page:

Otherwise...

2a. WinXP => Run the Windows Live Safety Center's 'Protection' scan (only!)
in Safe Mode with Networking, if need be:

2b. Vista or Win7=> Run this scan instead:
http://onecare.live.com/site/en-us/center/whatsnew.htm

3. Now post the requested logs in an appropriate forum for assistance by an
expert in such matters. DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP!!

I can recommend the expert assistance offered in these forums:
http://www.bluetack.co.uk/forums/index.php, and
http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30