IE 8 developer tools problem

Tomek

IE 8 developer tools problem
hello,

I have this strange issue with IE8 Dev Tools. When I'm on any website I
press F12 or from the menu (it doesn't matter) and the tool seem not to work.
All I can get is this what you can see here: http://twitpic.com/1vh164

I've tried reseting IE to default settings, removing it from windows
features and adding again but nothing helps :/

Any suggestions how to fix it?

Re: IE 8 developer tools problem
Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) as well as your IE version
when posting in an IE-specific forum or newsgroup. Please do so in your next
reply.

Internet Explorer freezes or crashes (access page via IE8 32-bit only & run
the Fix It)
http://support.microsoft.com/gp/ie_freezes_or_crashes

Tips for solving problems with Internet Explorer (Win7)
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...ernet-Explorer

1. Does the behavior persist if you start IE in No Add-ons mode?

Explorer (No add-ons).

Troubleshooting and Internet Explorer’s (No Add-ons) Mode [Applies to IE7 &
IE8 in all OSS]

Vista or WinXP: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737
Win7:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...lorer-settings

3. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your
What third-party firewall (if any)?

it)?

Tomek wrote:
> hello,
>
> I have this strange issue with IE8 Dev Tools. When I'm on any website I
> press F12 or from the menu (it doesn't matter) and the tool seem not to
> work. All I can get is this what you can see here:
> http://twitpic.com/1vh164
>
> I've tried reseting IE to default settings, removing it from windows
> features and adding again but nothing helps :/
>
> Any suggestions how to fix it?

Robert Aldwinckle

"Tomek" <Tomek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hello,
>
> I have this strange issue with IE8 Dev Tools. When I'm on any website I
> press F12 or from the menu (it doesn't matter) and the tool seem not to
> work.

> All I can get is this what you can see here: http://twitpic.com/1vh164

[Task bar shows IE task is current with several windows, one of which is the
IE Dev Toolbar]

Right-click on the Taskbar element which represents the IE Dev Toolbar.
Use either the Move or Size command to find the location of its window and
make it more usable. You should also be able to use its Maximize command
if desired but that won't change the current location or size.

BTW this is an example of where IMO W7 has reduced and deficient
functionality from what used to be available in XP. There, another method
of solving this problem is to minimize all windows (e.g. press Win-D) and
restore just the problem one, then right-click in the Taskbar to either
Cascade... or Tile... depending on whether you want the problem window to be
normally sized or maximally sized. E.g. try to figure out how Aero Snap is
going to help you in this case. Hmm... OIC. They have just changed the
Taskbar menu's labels; we can still Cascade and Tile... it's just that now
instead of the elegant idea of tiling one window (in either direction)
meaning you can maximally resize it, now you need to warp the meanings of
Show Windows Stacked and Show Windows Side by Side, when there is only one
window to show, as being equivalent. There is a disappointing quirk when I
use Undo Show... after that in that I lost my normal size and position but
it looks as if on the whole things are not quite as bad as I have been
assuming.

Thanks for making me find this!

Robert Aldwinckle
---