Re: ie8 - some downloads fail
Nobody can help you with "some downloads"...but if you post again with
detailed information we can try to help. At the least:
* the URL of the page from which you are trying to download;
* the specific 'download' in question;
* what version of Internet Explorer you are using (indicating also the
service pack and whether 32- or 64-bit);
* what version of Windows you are using; and
* exactly what happens when you try to download the item, including the
complete text of any error messages.
Otherwise all you'll get is generic troubleshooting and maybe a lucky guess.
Errare humanum est
> Can anyone suggest a setting to check that would cause some downlaods to
> fail? Most types seem fine, but video media (possibly streamed video) shows
> me a Not Found message.
> I can often paste the url into Chrome and download just fine.