Option to disable Domain Name Hilighting in IE8

ALttF

Option to disable Domain Name Hilighting in IE8
Upon getting IE8 for Windows XP, I instantly unistalled it due to Domain Name
Hilighting.

I recently bought a new computer that came with Windows 7 Professional and
had to download XP mode just to use IE7.

Domain Name Hilighting isn't useful for web devlopers or anyone in a similar
field, as it makes the full URL harder to read, not only that, but many users
know how to avoid Phishing sites. Why Microsft doesn't realise this and
include an option to disable this feature is beyond me.

So, my suggestion to Microsoft is "add an option to disable Domain Name
Hilighting", and my question is "why wasn't such an this included in the
orginal release, and still not included? Do you think all Internet Explorer
users don't know the dangers of surfing online?"

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Re: Option to disable Domain Name Hilighting in IE8
ALttF wrote:
> ...Do you think all Internet Explorer
> users don't know the dangers of surfing online?

If such were the case, we wouldn't need things like Smart Address Bar, UAC &
Protected Mode or anti-virus/anti-spyware applications. Unfortunately, we
do have these things and more yet the malware removal forums are busier than
ever.

VanguardLH

ALttF wrote:

> Upon getting IE8 for Windows XP, I instantly unistalled it due to
> Domain Name Hilighting. ... So, my suggestion to Microsoft is "add an
> option to disable Domain Name Hilighting", ...

You are way behind the curve. IE8 came out back on 19-Mar-2009. The
next day there were complaints about the domain highlighting (and no
means for users to select what colors got used). Actually it was a
complaint in the pre-release version.

Since it hasn't changed in over a year since its release , you think it
is going to change now?