Firefox works, IE8 does not, how do I fix this

Jimmy

Firefox works, IE8 does not, how do I fix this
Try to make a long story short. Had a power surge via the cable connect at
the house. The computer is ok, but the NIC card was broken. I replaced the
NIC card, my cable modem, and router. I can no longer access the internet
via IE8, but have loaded firefox and it works fine so I know all my hardware
is working and connected correctly.

How do I get it working again.

I have windows7
I have turned off IE8 via the "turn windows features on or off" menu, and
then turned it back on.
I have gone to the "Internet Properties" menu and click both the "restore
advanced settings" and the "reset button"
I have downloaded and scanned for malicious software via the MS website
I have checked and downloaded all updates.

Don't know what else to do.

I guess my biggest issue is i have a program that uses IE8 as it's default
internet launcher and it no longer works.

Can someone help please?
Don Varnau

Re: Firefox works, IE8 does not, how do I fix this
Hi,
Try a winsock reset.

Start> All programs> Accessories> (find Command prompt) right-click Command
prompt> Run as administrator. At the flashing cursor, type in "netsh winsock
reset" (without the ") hit Enter. Restart.

After resetting winsock, you may have to reinstall other programs which
access the internet.

Plan B...
Windows 7 has many built-in troubleshooters. Open Windows Help and search
for troubleshooter. Try the Internet Explorer troubleshooter and maybe "Why
can't I connect to the internet?"
-
Hope this helps,
Don