.js file removed from cache before expiry date

SleeplessAndy

.js file removed from cache before expiry date
Hi,

We have a site with some .js files that due to size/wan speed we want
to stay cached. The expiry is set for 30 days in advance. Our of
10
different document loads, the httpWatch shows it's accessing the
cached file, then browsing away to other pages, then back to similar
docs hhtpwatch shows it's using the file again, then suddenly it gets
deleted. The IE cache is set for testing to 5mb, and the file
sticks around, even though the cache continually goes up to this
limit
and above, and other files are replaced. Then suddenly, a page load
will cause the large .js file to be removed. There seems to be no
pattern to this. Sometimes it sticks around for an hour, sometimes
only 10 mins, with a similar amount of other borowisng actvity
inbetween. How can I keep that js file there until a new version is
available?

I don't understand. Any help gratefully received!

thanks

Andy

rob^_^

Re: .js file removed from cache before expiry date
See this IEInternals Blog post.

http://blogs.msdn.com/ieinternals/ar...-Requests.aspx

Regards.

"SleeplessAndy" <andybluestar@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> We have a site with some .js files that due to size/wan speed we want
> to stay cached. The expiry is set for 30 days in advance. Our of
> 10
> different document loads, the httpWatch shows it's accessing the
> cached file, then browsing away to other pages, then back to similar
> docs hhtpwatch shows it's using the file again, then suddenly it gets
> deleted. The IE cache is set for testing to 5mb, and the file
> sticks around, even though the cache continually goes up to this
> limit
> and above, and other files are replaced. Then suddenly, a page load
> will cause the large .js file to be removed. There seems to be no
> pattern to this. Sometimes it sticks around for an hour, sometimes
> only 10 mins, with a similar amount of other borowisng actvity
> inbetween. How can I keep that js file there until a new version is
> available?
>

> I don't understand. Any help gratefully received!
>

> thanks
>

> Andy

SleeplessAndy

On 4 June, 21:52, "rob^_^" <iecustomi...@hotmail.com> wrote: