Supported O.S

Dipesh_Sharma

Supported O.S
Hi All,

Can anybody please update me, whether IE8 can be installed on Windows XP
embedded SP3 operating system?

Kind Regards,
Dipesh
No Mo

Re: Supported O.S
Of course.
Have you not read system requirements? That's the first thing you should
always do. Why, you can even find out by Googling!

"Dipesh_Sharma" <DipeshSharma@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
: Hi All,
:
: Can anybody please update me, whether IE8 can be installed on Windows XP
: embedded SP3 operating system?
:
: Kind Regards,
: Dipesh

Dan

Re: Supported O.S

"Dipesh_Sharma" <DipeshSharma@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> Can anybody please update me, whether IE8 can be installed on Windows XP
> embedded SP3 operating system?
>
> Kind Regards,
> Dipesh

Yes, IE8 is available from the ECE site for Windows XP Embedded SP3 /
Windows Embedded Standard 2009. It was released in March 2010. You need to
have access to the ECE site to obtain this though.

--
Dan

Jeff Strickland

Re: Supported O.S

"Dipesh_Sharma" <DipeshSharma@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> Can anybody please update me, whether IE8 can be installed on Windows XP
> embedded SP3 operating system?
>
> Kind Regards,
> Dipesh

Sure, I can tell you.

It can.

IE8 is delivered with the SP3 update to XP. You have to decline it --
although I don't recall an option to do that when I updated my XP machines.

Jeff Strickland

Re: Supported O.S

"Dipesh_Sharma" <DipeshSharma@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> Can anybody please update me, whether IE8 can be installed on Windows XP
> embedded SP3 operating system?
>
> Kind Regards,
> Dipesh

Not only can IE8 be installed on XP with SP3, SP3 is required if you want
IE8.

You can have SP3 and not have IE8, but if you want IE8 then you must have
SP3 -- or Vista or Win7.

No Mo

Re: Supported O.S

: IE8 is delivered with the SP3 update to XP. You have to decline it --
: although I don't recall an option to do that when I updated my XP
machines.
:
No, it isn't. SP3 came out before IE8. It is a separate Windows update or as
a stand-alone install.

No Mo

Re: Supported O.S

: Not only can IE8 be installed on XP with SP3, SP3 is required if you want
: IE8.
:
Wrong again. SP2 or higher.

Rob

Re: Supported O.S
Jeff Strickland <crwlrjeff@yahoo.com> wrote:

> "Dipesh_Sharma" <DipeshSharma@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Can anybody please update me, whether IE8 can be installed on Windows XP
>> embedded SP3 operating system?
>>
>> Kind Regards,
>> Dipesh

> Sure, I can tell you.
>
> It can.

But the question is: did you actually READ the question? Carefully?
No Mo

Re: Supported O.S

:
: But the question is: did you actually READ the question? Carefully?

And the answer is still "yes". Jeff also provided incorrect information in
replies.

Jeff Strickland

Re: Supported O.S

"No Mo" <nomo@HoopleHead.invalid> wrote in message

> : Not only can IE8 be installed on XP with SP3, SP3 is required if you
> want
> : IE8.
> :
> Wrong again. SP2 or higher.

I have a different experience, sorry. I resisted the move away from IE6 for
as long as I could. My recollection is that I had to take IE8 when I took
SP3, but my machine had suffered a catastrophic event that demanded a new
HDD and motherboard, and I guess I lost track of what went where and when,
and why it went there. I skipped IE7, and went from 6 to 8. I recall
(wrongly, if you guys are right) that I could not remain with IE6 and SP3,
and I certainly did remain with IE6 and SP2. My assumption based on this is
that IE8 is required with SP3, or that SP3 is required to have IE8. Sorry if
that is not correct, it seemed like that is what my machine demanded when I
had to cross that bridge.

I guess it doesn't matter what my experience is, or what I think it was, the
OP asked if IE8 can be installed on XP running SP3. The asnwer is, yes.